Thanks for making my life in Japan even more difficult...

why feel represented by any lambda asshole just because he's Caucasian ?
it's about a guy who committed a crime,
most of the crimes here are committed by Japanese people, it doesn't mean we should be afraid of them or they should feel ashamed in front of us.

the criminal is obviously an asshole but the writer of this article is one too of another kind. why has the race to be in the title ?

also the article is only based on a complaint, the writer has made his own trial ...now I know why I'm usually reading this site's articles.

I’m not sure if they translated the news right.

According to what was reported by NHK, a woman was injured in a parking lot in Kabukicho where she was punched in her face and arms by a man who also tried to snatch her bag. The guy had already fled the scene when the police, alarmed by a bystander, arrived there. The woman said she met the man through a dating app. The assaliant was about 180 cm in height, wearing dark black-ish clothes, deemed to be a foreigner by his way of speaking Japanese.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20190227/k10011830231000.html

I’m not sure if they translated the news right.

It's much easier to make up your own facts than actually read what happened in Japanese. And it gives you more clicks also!

Reactions: TheScientist
It's much easier to make up your own facts than actually read what happened in Japanese. And it gives you more clicks also!

Actually I’ve just found that some Japanese media’s first report on the incident was in line with Tokyo Reporter’s: a woman reported the police that she was assaulted by a Caucasian male with a knife...such a widespread news report with false details is worrying, seriously.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
Actually I’ve just found that some Japanese media’s first report on the incident was in line with Tokyo Reporter’s: a woman reported the police that she was assaulted by a Caucasian male with a knife...such a widespread news report with false details is worrying, seriously.

Yes, it is worrying.

Police will be doing stop and frisk of Caucasians in Kabukicho for a while, most likely. Leave your pocket knives at home.

Yes, it is worrying.

Here's a more detailed, less sensational, report.
https://www.nikkansports.com/general/news/201902270000970.html

"At 6:05 in the evening on the 27th, a man assaulted a woman, leaving her (age 27, a resident of Asaka city, Saitama) with light injuries on the face and hands in the parking lot of a building in Kabukicho 2-chome. According to the Shinjuku police, the assailant allegedly punched the woman and tried to rob her for her bag. The police are searching for the man as responsible for the alleged robbery causing bodily injury. The victim claimed that she and another woman (age 29) met the assailant whom they knew through a dating app. The assault took place as the man got infuriated while they were having a quarrel. The assailant claimed to be British on the dating app. He was described in his 30s, about 180 cm in height, wearing black jacket and black trousers at the time of the assault."

It's a bit of mystery to me as to why the rumor of "a Caucasian male attacked a random woman with a knife" spread so widely at the initial coverage of the incident, and no explanation was given when the original story was subsequently revised.

Here's a more detailed, less sensational, report.
https://www.nikkansports.com/general/news/201902270000970.html

"At 6:05 in the evening on the 27th, a man assaulted a woman, leaving her (age 27, a resident of Asaka city, Saitama) with light injuries on the face and hands in the parking lot of a building in Kabukicho 2-chome. According to the Shinjuku police, the assailant allegedly punched the woman and tried to rob her for her bag. The police are searching for the man as responsible for the alleged robbery causing bodily injury. The victim claimed that she and another woman (age 29) met the assailant whom they knew through a dating app. The assault took place as the man got infuriated while they were having a quarrel. The assailant claimed to be British on the dating app. He was described in his 30s, about 180 cm in height, wearing black jacket and black trousers at the time of the assault."

It's a bit of mystery to me as to why the rumor of "a Caucasian male attacked a random woman with a knife" spread so widely at the initial coverage of the incident, and no explanation was given when the original story was subsequently revised.

Thanks for the translation.

The police will have some fun reviewing the "dating site" exchanges. Interested to see how this plays out.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
The assailant claimed to be British on the dating app.

He will be caught for sure. I mean all else can be fake in his dating app profile but nobody else than a Brit would tell he is a Brit. Even criminals have their limits.

He will be caught for sure. I mean all else can be fake in his dating app profile but nobody else than a Brit would tell he is a Brit. Even criminals have their limits.

Remember Daniel Brenar?

THis sounds exactly like the kind of thing he would do, too.

I think he obviously did it just to make TJB’s life in Japan more difficult indeed. The conspiracy is widening. :D

Reactions: MikeH and Ken1988
I think he obviously did it just to make TJB’s life in Japan more difficult indeed. The conspiracy is widening. :D

It might be a conspiracy, not against TJB though. This incident is a mystery to me. The first report was on "a Caucasian male (hakujin no dansei) slashed a random woman with a knife in Kabukicho", then the story changed to "a foreigner-ish man (gaikokujin-fuu no dansei) tried to snatch a bag from a woman whom he knew through a dating app" and then to "a self-claimed British man met two women through a dating app and injured one of them while trying to snatch her bag." And now, no follow-up reports whatsoever from Japanese media.

The culprit's footprints are supposed to be everywhere. Some security cameras must have captured the image of the suspect - it happened not on a back street of Kabukicho but at a parking lot of a hotel (not love hotel) facing the Meiji-dori street. If he was on the dating site with his "British" profile, there must be so much electronic footprints to be traced down. No arrest for two days - why?

It might be a conspiracy, not against TJB though. This incident is a mystery to me. The first report was on "a Caucasian male (hakujin no dansei) slashed a random woman with a knife in Kabukicho", then the story changed to "a foreigner-ish man (gaikokujin-fuu no dansei) tried to snatch a bag from a woman whom he knew through a dating app" and then to "a self-claimed British man met two women through a dating app and injured one of them while trying to snatch her bag." And now, no follow-up reports whatsoever from Japanese media.

The culprit's footprints are supposed to be everywhere. Some security cameras must have captured the image of the suspect - it happened not on a back street of Kabukicho but at a parking lot of a hotel (not love hotel) facing the Meiji-dori street. If he was on the dating site with his "British" profile, there must be so much electronic footprints to be traced down. No arrest for two days - why?

There are many conspiracies not against me that I fully believe in. A lot of my conspiracies against foreigners in general both here and in mainland China have enough backing to make them at least semi-conspiracy material lol.

Still waiting for this white male perp to show up in the fake news. This article looks like something CNN would report on.

CNN: We haven't confirmed anything with regard to this case but I believe that this looks like the work of a WHITE MALE. Back to you Don Lemonhead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken1988
No arrest for two days - why?

It will probably take a few days to get a court to give them a warrant to ask the dating app agency to give his details. And to find out it's all fake. Then few more to try to track him down by his IP with the provider.

And as nobody is dead or even seriously injured this is probably not their top 1 priority either.

Reactions: Sudsy
Back in the 1990s, there was a show on Japanese TV called “Miniskirt Police.”

Well, I was going to comment "you are old" in the original post but then found out the same name was used by some group after that and thought you were referring to it.

But no, you are just old.

Ahh, no.

Back in the 1990s, there was a show on Japanese TV called “Miniskirt Police.” It involved cute girls in silly or risqué situations. As it was popular, some venues offered Miniskirt Police as a costume option.

Just found a clip from the show on youtube. One of the comments btl gave me a laugh : "Trust the Japanese to come up with the greatest idea for a tv show ever."

Reactions: DireWolf98