The Anything Goes Thread

Yes I belonged to a company team here many years ago. I have played both rugby and real football. If I had to choose which had a larger majority of true athletes, in all honesty I would choose football.
Define “true athlete”

Yes I belonged to a company team here many years ago. I have played both rugby and real football. If I had to choose which had a larger majority of true athletes, in all honesty I would choose football.

I was going to ask which football you are referring to but then I realised I don't care cos they both suck.

Define “true athlete”

Of course I was largely taking the proverbial piss but on this aspect not so much. Pro NFL are highly engineered highly specialized on average 300 lb. + beasts. Like state of the art programmed human jet engines. There are no athletes as explosive. Rugby pros have more wind for sure on average…. But even the elite of rugby pros could never cut it in the NFL. The reverse is certainly doable if they started to train differently. My personal experience is the rugby crew was more fun to hang out with. Less serious and good times for sure. I certainly don’t want to be an engineered and specialized machine but that’s what football is pretty much about.

Both rugby and football have things that set them apart. Neither is better than the other. rugby players do not wear pads and helmets in what is definitely a contact sport. Football players wear protection (heh), but they are bigger, stronger, and hit way harder than anything I've seen in rugby. Rugby is in almost constant motion. Football is all set pieces. Both sports are interesting.

Reactions: Frenchy
Both rugby and football have things that set them apart. Neither is better than the other. rugby players do not wear pads and helmets in what is definitely a contact sport. Football players wear protection (heh), but they are bigger, stronger, and hit way harder than anything I've seen in rugby. Rugby is in almost constant motion. Football is all set pieces. Both sports are interesting.

well I never played American Football so can’t compare.
But I see what you and Charlie mean.
I just prefer watching rugby , to be honest. Less brute strength indeed but more dynamic and fluid (and “creative”) imo

well I never played American Football so can’t compare.
But I see what you and Charlie mean.
I just prefer watching rugby , to be honest. Less brute strength indeed but more dynamic and fluid (and “creative”) imo

Football has its creativity as well. The thing about the game is that you have to have a somewhat decent understanding of what is going on (defensive schemes, offensive strategy. Rugby, on the other hand, is pretty easy to get the gist of what is happening. I know there has to be more to it. Maybe someday we can sit down to a few beers, and you can explain it all to me.

Reactions: MikeH
No but I must say some nice legs on those gents! I had to look closely to see they were gents indeed! :wideyed:

Reactions: Cinnabums
Football has its creativity as well. The thing about the game is that you have to have a somewhat decent understanding of what is going on (defensive schemes, offensive strategy. Rugby, on the other hand, is pretty easy to get the gist of what is happening. I know there has to be more to it. Maybe someday we can sit down to a few beers, and you can explain it all to me.

always happy to drink beers with you (as long as it’s not Bud. Nor Miller. Nor Coors :D)
Im far from an expert , just played a bit in uni, and mostly for the wrong reasons : impressing girls - (didn’t help), feeling like a real maaaan (still showered last to avoid showing my limited assets) and after-game parties (ok, that at least was fun )

Of course I was largely taking the proverbial piss but on this aspect not so much. Pro NFL are highly engineered highly specialized on average 300 lb. + beasts. Like state of the art programmed human jet engines. There are no athletes as explosive. Rugby pros have more wind for sure on average…. But even the elite of rugby pros could never cut it in the NFL. The reverse is certainly doable if they started to train differently. My personal experience is the rugby crew was more fun to hang out with. Less serious and good times for sure. I certainly don’t want to be an engineered and specialized machine but that’s what football is pretty much about.

Im American, play rugby here in Japan. In rugby, you have to wrap your arms on tackles, as opposed to leading with your shoulder. I think the big collisions in rugby are amongst the centers, I’d put that on par with NFL any day if you consider the big Fijians and Tongans, Somoans. I think the NFL has a speed advantage, mainly because they recruit track athletes and they can rest between plays. Rugby fitness is daunting work, especially amongst the forwards.

Just a random video:

I'm hypnotized by the beauty of this beautiful Furisode girl.
Have you guys ever visited this place or anything like that?

Find someone who looks at you the way this Ukrainian soldier looks at an anti-tank missile launcher

9EE2BC4B-D439-4F54-8DA6-1155626677F9.jpeg

For real if there ever were a new sextape I have no doubt he would be the first to be jerking to it. I like Kanye though. Although his mind is disturbing at times, it’s refreshing someone can express themselves creatively with honesty and unapologetically in an increasingly thought-policed world.

For real if there ever were a new sextape I have no doubt he would be the first to be jerking to it. I like Kanye though. Although his mind is disturbing at times, it’s refreshing someone can express themselves creatively with honesty and unapologetically in an increasingly thought-policed world.

“creatively with honesty” yeah, let’s unapologetically wish death to our enemies ! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Negi77
Your comment illustrates my point about the current state of hypersensitivity. This kind of banter has been a staple of the rap world for decades. It should be nothing new or shocking. But perhaps I am wrong. Maybe we need to visit pink cow after all to sit down and weave more positive vibes into our vision boards and then join hands for a few rounds of collective Oms to address this new injustice that Ye has brought into the world. Don’t forget your ukelele. I will bring my clove ciggies, completely organic of course.

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH
Your comment illustrates my point about the current state of hypersensitivity. This kind of banter has been a staple of the rap world for decades. It should be nothing new or shocking. But perhaps I am wrong. Maybe we need to visit pink cow after all to sit down and weave more positive vibes into our vision boards and then join hands for a few rounds of collective Oms to address this new injustice that Ye has brought into the world. Don’t forget your ukelele. I will bring my clove ciggies, completely organic of course.
Errrrr … no. I meant it. I want to kill my enemies too .;):vamp:

But perhaps I am wrong. Maybe we need to visit pink cow after all to sit down and weave more positive vibes into our vision boards and then join hands for a few rounds of collective Oms to address this new injustice that Ye has brought into the world. Don’t forget your ukelele. I will bring my clove ciggies, completely organic of course.

You just proved you understand nothing about the pink cow spirit and the wonderful world associated with it. How in the hell you were able to forget singing kumbaya while holding hands in a circle?

Reactions: CharlieSimms
I remember having to sing that one in school perhaps through kindergarten. Given it is a rather severe case of cultural appropriation and ruining something that was good to start with, I think not mainstream anymore. Not that that would stop the cow lovers…. Just saying. Oh, I hear Wednesdays are now weave your own bracelet nights. +1000 yen for a selection of beads you can use for an extra boost of sex repellent. Yay! :woot:

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH