The Anything Goes Thread

My favorite thing about it is explaining to a number of them that the word “parler” means “to talk” in French, and the pronunciation like the word “parlor” sounds more uneducated than an Alex Jones’ rant. I mean shit, we even have a bastardized English pronunciation of the word “parley” that we shamelesly thieved from the French to sound more classy when negotiating before brutally murdering each other…

I vouch for making a platform called “enculer” and convince American fascists that this means “to cull evil” in French. And no, as @Frenchy can confirm, that is not what it means at all.
Ah ah, thanks for the laugh
But nothing will beat the “Freedom Fries” idiocy back in the days. When it was supposed to insult us. Even though nobody in France would think that fries are French (they’re Belgian)

1. Shout out to the guy who was giving a motivational speech somewhere in here about making 2022 a great year and let’s go all out and fire at will, don’t forget some hoikuen moms. 🤣

2. Profile quote of the day from dating sites:

“Masturbation is enough to satisfy sexual desire.”
- some JMILF

I dont get the “P” for Kanye?
Did he buy Pinterest or launch his own echo chamber too?
He is purchasing Parler from Candace Owens' husband apparently. It's a rival to Trump's TruthSocial.

Client: Yes, I want this exact, badass image of Lara Croft. Oh and highlight Angelina’s pouty red lips.

Tattoo artist: No problem.

820657F2-0707-4E57-B9B9-548B6C147246.jpeg

Reactions: Maxblack
The bigger downside, as TAG Manager pointed out, is that people believe what they want and will actively look for stuff to confirm their crazy ass takes.
I believe people are getting more stupid. Their intellectual stimulation reaches a maximum when they put a like or a dislike on a social media, that consists of a few lines.

I lived most of my life when there were no social media yet. The media were then newspapers and television. In a newspaper article, a journalist had to develop a train of thought and arguments. You had to make an effort to read it and work your head around the arguments. That was no fast mental food.
Another difference is that those media also had to uphold a reputation in order to continue to exist long term. So they were more careful researching their topics and avoiding fake news. Mostly.
Of course, different media had different social and political tendencies, but you knew that.

That is different now. Many people do not bother to read a serious newspaper anymore, do not bother to consider different arguments.
So I believe people are getting more stupid. But my brother tells me that is a sign of getting old.

Reactions: SugoiBoy
Good that you said "serious" newspaper because there have always been shitty tabloids that a lot of people read where train of thought and arguments were just as absent as they are on social media. And I also kind of doubt that everyone "knew" that different media had different social and political tendencies. I'm inclined to agree with your brother :p

I believe people are getting more stupid.

The average IQ is 100 which is not much and half of us are lower. Before internet those guys mainly talked to themselves, now they can reach the whole world.

In a newspaper article, a journalist had to develop a train of thought and arguments. You had to make an effort to read it and work your head around the arguments.

I take it you haven't read a newspaper in a while. The whole investigative reporter generation has pretty much died and taken over by the ideological young group. Now the only fact they have is "I want the reality to be this way so it must be this way".

Reactions: minus3
Went to a dermatologist because of this increasingly more annoying scalp problem. Dry, itchy and hair keeps falling out. Doctor didn't even give two fucks, didn't seem to be interested in the fact that this started like 2 months ago, gave me some steroid lotion and was done with it.

Doesn't feel like I was getting a good consultation there...but apparently this is normal procedure for doctor's here?

Went to a dermatologist because of this increasingly more annoying scalp problem. Dry, itchy and hair keeps falling out. Doctor didn't even give two fucks, didn't seem to be interested in the fact that this started like 2 months ago, gave me some steroid lotion and was done with it.

Doesn't feel like I was getting a good consultation there...but apparently this is normal procedure for doctor's here?
Probably a good idea to get a second opinion - but have you considered changing shampoo? That could be a source of your problem, you may need medicated shampoo or something that's more compatible.

I've changed shampoos a bunch but getting medical shampoo here in Japan (like, ones with ketaconazole) seems pretty difficult. Can't find anything online or I am blind.

Want to get a second opinion for sure but Google reviews for some of the ones recommended are hit or miss haha.

I fucking love the onsen. I want to make a thread reviewing fucking onsen, but this is not the right site for it.

It’d be entirely appropriate if it could be fucking IN onsen, but other than a few posts here or there about Oita and @Frenchy’s desire for hot water ‘n pussy it doesn’t look like a “hot” topic on TAG.

Reactions: Frenchy
I fucking love the onsen. I want to make a thread reviewing fucking onsen, but this is not the right site for it.

It’d be entirely appropriate if it could be fucking IN onsen, but other than a few posts here or there about Oita and @Frenchy’s desire for hot water ‘n pussy it doesn’t look like a “hot” topic on TAG.
I'm interested in couples onsens........but that was when I was a relationship .....but still interests me

Reactions: requiemmorrow

Maybe try the cream and see if it works?

Sure will.

Still doesn't change the fact that he didn't really look at my scalp or diagnosed anything, just immediately went for the steroid and went on. Reminded me of back home when doctor's would just go "Ah here that these antibiotics" just to get it over with and get the next patient in.

Yeah I have experienced that too, but the cream really worked fucking wonders, lol.

Yeah I have experienced that too, but the cream really worked fucking wonders, lol.
Really worked wonders last night......:p

Other dermatologist immediately knew what problem I had, described what it is, said the hair loss is a byproduct of the inflammation I have and not my "natural" receding hairline shit going on, Gave me a special shampoo, some meds to take twice a day and was all around better than the other guy.

Now I hope this shit works.