The Anything Goes Thread

D&D has a really good pork sandwich right here in Tokyo
Harry's makes a decent sandwich but it's starting to go up in price lately. Killer bloody mary makes up for it though.

The Bleacher Creatures are in a league of their own. At least the Yanks have a history of success. Philly, not so much.
It’s hard for me to imagine hooligans for such a sleepy and daddy-ish game as baseball. American football or hockey I would get it but … baseball? Really?
Having said that I am more of a rugby guy and in Europe we actually have much better behaved fans than the football lunatics , so doesn’t mean much I guess

Reactions: rikkun
It’s hard for me to imagine hooligans for such a sleepy and daddy-ish game as baseball. American football or hockey I would get it but … baseball? Really?
Having said that I am more of a rugby guy and in Europe we actually have much better behaved fans than the football lunatics , so doesn’t mean much I guess
Just because you can't do it don't knock it. M. Jordon was one of the greatest basketball (easy sport I think but I can't do it) players but he couldn't hit a curve ball to save his life.

Just because you can't do it don't knock it. M. Jordon was one of the greatest basketball (easy sport I think but I can't do it) players but he couldn't hit a curve ball to save his life.
Oh no I didn’t mean it’s simple … it’s certainly hard. But not gory , blood&sweat-hard if you see what I mean (unless the ball hit your head or dick, I suppose)

Oh no I didn’t mean it’s simple … it’s certainly hard. But not gory , blood&sweat-hard if you see what I mean (unless the ball hit your head or dick, I suppose)
You must like the bullfights too from the neighbors to the west :p

Well I guess I prefer the higher end sandwiches in Japan. Philly can keep their pork. Though either is probably quite rough on the ticker… 😅

4A3A84D9-AD26-4086-873E-34FFF730C210.jpeg

You must like the bullfights too from the neighbors to the west :p
No, can’t stand them
The bull wasn’t a volunteer and even if it kills that little diva in his ridiculous outfit , it will be slaughtered anyway. I still believe true sports should be fair …

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
No, can’t stand them
The bull wasn’t a volunteer and even if it kills that little diva in his ridiculous outfit , it will be slaughtered anyway. I still believe true sports should be fair …
Was just messin with ya :)
Every now and then though......the bull takes that fucker down

Matador can't hit a curveball either I betcha :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Frenchy
The game itself is rather sedate at most times, but it can incite the biggest arguments in sports. Of course the aforementioned obnoxious fans that take the success of the team they support as their own success in order to talk shit to fans of a different team is one aspect. The other is people arguing over statistics. Seriously, a bunch of numbers will start fights (usually just verbal/online).

Last edited:
The game itself is rather sedate at most times, but it can incite the biggest arguments in sports. Of course the aforementioned obnoxious fans that take the success of the team they support as their won success in order to talk shit to fans of a different team is one aspect. The other is people arguing over statistics. Seriously, a bunch of numbers will start fights (usually just verbal/online).
I think one thing though......Cy Youngs Win record will never be broken.....hahaha

Reactions: IchigoDave
Wait… some of the Grateful Dead guys are still alive?!
I saw two shows in New York last Summer. Unlike like Philly - no fights! lol

Both nights were quite fun~~~~~~~~~! :cool:

Also, I met a hot girl from China who lives/works in Silicon Valley - unfortunately she has a bf. Still, I have a pic to prove it! lol

https://deadandcompany.com/

Reactions: Frenchy
Reactions: hrbb
Walked the old Nakasendo from Nakatsugawa to Nagiso today. ~24km, extremely well marked route all the way through, I was alone 90% of the time. At times, it was just me in the woods/mountains, sun shining, cool breeze every now and then with absolutely no sounds at all. This felt like meditating. Absolutely incredible and probably my favourite thing I've done here so far. The scenery was incredible and whenever I did cross paths with someone, there was a sense of comradery, everyone greeting each other. Except for the other gaijin. They didn't like me saying "hi" in the middle of nowhere, thinking it'd be a nice thing to do.

Gonna have to check all the pics I took. Must be 200+, one area more beautiful than the other.