The Anything Goes Thread

I do better : I don’t watch American sports at all! :)
But seriously why the hate for Philadelphia? No brotherly love for the city of Franklin and Rocky?
This is the ice crystal, on the snowflake, on the tip of the iceberg:

Gifu. Despite many a content creator saying Nagoya should be avoided because there's nothing to do, I went there because (mostly) lack of options to go anywhere else on my journey towards Kagoshima. Checked out some parts of the city two days ago and yeah, it doesn't have a billion sights like Tokyo or Kyoto, but it was fine and had some nice food.

From there, it's just like an hour by train to Nakatsugawa and then you can either choose to take a bus to one of the more famous parts of the Nakasendo (Magome as a starting point, for example) or just start it from there and walk towards Ochiai-juku. The trail is marked super well, sometimes there were two sign posts literally 5 meters apart lol. My hike took me around 7 1/2 hours, started at around 9:30am and had the goal of getting to Nagiso before sundown because fuck hiking through forests in the dark haha.

Magome and Tsumago were noticably different and it was fairly clear that they were the main attractions around the route. A lot of people in the former, could barely take in the post town properly so I just walked straight through and onward. Tsumago was nicer, but might have been because it was 4pm by the time I got there. Really, really well preserved little towns though. From Tsumago to Nagiso I kind of rushed it because of the aforementioned sunset + trains being rather infrequent. But I did go up to the castle ruins of Tsumago castle and I am fairly sure that place is barely seen by anyone. So quiet, right above the town, incredible view, overgrown as hell. It felt kind so serene being in a place that I can confidently say 99% of tourists will probably never go to.

Anyway, I am rambling LMAO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxblack
Well I guess I prefer the higher end sandwiches in Japan. Philly can keep their pork. Though either is probably quite rough on the ticker… 😅

Now we see what happens when you don't properly backup and your hard disk dies in a terrible accident deleting thousands of hours of your viewing history.

Yui Kawagoe and Shino Aoi is my best guess.

If Japanese history is your thing, there’s quite a bit to see in the Aichi/Gifu area.

In Nagoya there’s an battleground near Arimatsu, 桶狭間古戦場跡 where Oda Nobunaga crushed Imagawa.
Just north of that in Nisshin city is Iwasaki castle, which was one site of the Komaki Campaign. Supposedly the slaughter was so great that the roads leading up the mountain to castle ran red. The Komaki campaign was the clash between Hideyoshi and Tokugawa after Oda was assasinated.

Speaking of Tokugawa, Okazaki is where he was born. It’s fantastic in the spring, has some beautiful Hanami if you’re willing to brave the crowds, plus there’s the famous Hacho Miso nearby.

Take the Kodama Shinkansen to Kyoto and you can get off at Sekigahara.

This is just scratching the surface. Pretty much all of the Sengoku Period happened in this area.

Now we see what happens when you don't properly backup and your hard disk dies in a terrible accident deleting thousands of hours of your viewing history.

Yui Kawagoe and Shino Aoi is my best guess.

It’s all pretty fuzzy - we were all so drunk at the time😅

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH
It’s all pretty fuzzy - we were all so drunk at the time😅

Well not judging as even any imaginary chances I would have getting girls like that in my bed would require them to be super drunk, but I would definitely stay totally sober and try to remember every moment. ;)

Well not judging as even any imaginary chances I would have getting girls like that in my bed would require them to be super drunk, but I would definitely stay totally sober and try to remember every moment. ;)

True. It’s almost as if it never really happened…. 😂😂😂

Reactions: Cinnabums
Balsa wood utensils. This should work well.

F61D91E2-E20C-4FFD-863F-EC15DD60DEDF.jpeg

It did not.

0C771442-0D30-4638-BC45-2818B73A802D.jpeg

Balsa wood utensils. This should work well.

View attachment 19277

It did not.

View attachment 19278
I had seen the news article about it... things are just getting nuts with this stuff.
To the point of carrying around my own shit when I need to. I already carry normal straws because I can't stand the paper shit that a lot places have been giving out.
I hope there's enough complaints to push things backwards...

I had seen the news article about it... things are just getting nuts with this stuff.
To the point of carrying around my own shit when I need to. I already carry normal straws because I can't stand the paper shit that a lot places have been giving out.
I hope there's enough complaints to push things backwards...
That reminds me - I need to put my cutlery kit in my walkaround bag. I have one, I just keep forgetting it at home....

Reactions: TAG Manager
Reactions: just4fun