The Anything Goes Thread

Never watched Baseball and have no stakes but ever American loss in sports is a good one in my book.

Well damn. Good thing I already avoid Japanese TV. They are going to be insufferable for the next two weeks.
yesterday was bad enough with them playing highlights with Journey Separate Ways over and over and over again

Never watched Baseball and have no stakes but ever American loss in sports is a good one in my book.
I can understand that sentiment from non-Americans. America is generally better and most sports and all the nations in the world. I don’t want Japanese people to be thinking “we’re better at baseball than Americans”.… Cause they’re not

• Haha
Reactions: Alice and just4fun
Are they? What sports that are relevant on a world stage is America better at than the rest of the world? You guys have baseball - which only Americans and Japan care about. Then there's American football which...is only really played in the US. Basketball is a big one, but there's a case to be made that there's a shit ton of European players lately stirring shit up in the NBA but overall, of course, America is #1 because yet again it's just not as popular as other sports on a worldwide scale.

I guess if you count all the different Olympic disciplines then you are truly correct, the US shits on everyone. But I also don't quite understand being that petty about Japanese people being happy about beating and believing they're better than America. It's not like it'll impact your life much.

Reactions: Alice
You can still beat them at American Football. I think. Not sure. I don’t like this sissy version of rugby
Sissy? Let's see how tough Alldritt or Dupont are after getting hit by someone like Myles Garrett or Cameron Heyward. But hey . . . rugby and the NFL cannot hold a candle to the toughest sport: lacrosse

he said, sarcastically

Reactions: Sudsy and Frenchy
Yo
Sissy? Let's see how tough Alldritt or Dupont are after getting hit by someone like Myles Garrett or Cameron Heyward. But hey . . . rugby and the NFL cannot hold a candle to the toughest sport: lacrosse

he said, sarcastically
It’s official. You’re gay

Reactions: AMcguyver and MikeH
the toughest sport: lacrosse
Original version of that game was played 200 or more a side and usually resulted in a lot of deaths.

1679500684802.jpeg

Golden age ice hockey has a lot in common with the original lacrosse.

But hey . . . rugby and the NFL cannot hold a candle to the toughest sport: lacrosse

At least it's craziest, aluminium sticks and slashing allowed.

he said, sarcastically
Lacrosse on ice skates I think is a tad tougher.....

• Love
Reactions: just4fun
For some weeks I was vaguely under the impression that there was some kind of ongoing scandal involving the Japanese baseball team and a "ヌードバー",

1679841639185.png

OK... so I scored 15 out of 34. How'd all y'all do?

Last edited: