The Anything Goes Thread

Holy fuck man what is wrong with people. Some shitfaced Australian was standing on the road side of a railing being an arse behind one of those shit bands that perform in public in front of stations. I mean, I hate that shit but if you're on holiday in a different country why would you go out of your way to antagonise the locals. Lots of selfie-stick equipped wankers meandering around obstructing everyone around them today too.

Yeah that shit pisses me off. It seems they get away with it more since Japanese are less confrontational. Like those fucking youtubers doing dumb shit.

P_20230420_101333_1.jpg

Nishi-kawaguchi, saitama isn't the easiest for soapland play. Got lucky at last and sitting in the waiting room for candyxcandy. Will write a review afterwards

Hey, TAG Brits (stop hiding in shame and misery)

Is Tartt’s Manchester accent in Ted Lasso for real ?

Never heard anything that exaggerated (and I heard pretty much anything from Scottish to Liverpoolian to Essex , Cockney etc)
Did anyone reply to this?

It sounds a bit fake - I don't think it is the actor's natural accent. But it's not even half as extreme as a proper Manchester accent. Haven't you ever seen any of the happy Mondays being interviewed?

Reactions: Sudsy and Frenchy

It sounds a bit fake - I don't think it is the actor's natural accent. But it's not even half as extreme as a proper Manchester accent. Haven't you ever seen any of the happy Mondays being interviewed?
I didn’t think it was all that bad. Maybe being a native English speaker makes it just a little bit easier for me to understand

Reactions: Frenchy

Thanks Mate. Will look for that on YouTube. I start to understand why Cantona reached God status in Manchester. He too spoke with a weird accent (even in French. Also most of the time he made no sense)

I didn’t think it was all that bad. Maybe being a native English speaker makes it just a little bit easier for me to understand
Come on ! Do you have guys speaking like that in the US?! Boston, maybe. Not sure

Man, I love Sapporo. Tomorrow I'll see what's happening at that anime bar...maybe I'll find my wife there this time!

Reactions: Coolcow
Welp, nevermind...the bar is no more. Man, that's depressing as fuck. I've learned more Japanese in there than anywhere else. This actually makes me sad.

• Sad
Reactions: Maxblack and Danbo
1682653620766.png

1€ is 151,69 yen. The gods are benevolent in my final month.
Yeah, it's insane.....whenever I withdrew money in the past days I got more and more. Yen keeps falling and falling 🥴

.....nice wink to book as much as humanly possible.

Yeah, it's insane.....whenever I withdrew money in the past days I got more and more. Yen keeps falling and falling 🥴

.....nice wink to book as much as humanly possible.
It‘s been fluctuating wildly - we’re making a killing on exports and repatriating the revenue but the rest of society that lives on yen, are hurting pretty bad if we need go buy import items or want to travel. Japan is the new Vietnam for some Asian tourists.

350,000 yen for some economy air tickets to Europe or America/Canada. (Used to be 160k’ish)

Reactions: Negi77
It‘s been fluctuating wildly - we’re making a killing on exports and repatriating the revenue but the rest of society that lives on yen, are hurting pretty bad if we need go buy import items or want to travel. Japan is the new Vietnam for some Asian tourists.

350,000 yen for some economy air tickets to Europe or America/Canada. (Used to be 160k’ish)

Yeah, it's troublesome. On a national level Japan had very little inflation in comparison to other countries in the past months....but Japan depends on so many imported products. If this trend doesn't stop some products will increase drastically in price because of the bad exchange rates.