The Anything Goes Thread

IMG_9565.gif

Reactions: hrbb
My favorite Paul Reubens quote. From Cheech & Chong’s Next Movie. RIP Paul 🙏

View attachment 22233
Not a lot of people know this, but Paul was also an accomplished amateur attorney. He proved time and time against that he could get himself off.

Oftentimes I feel half of my time is spend on trying to make my name match between different forms and services.

This time seems the katakata in my Paypay card and my app identification verification were different. I don't think the operator appreciated it much when she asked "Which one is correct?" and I answered "That is a really good question".

Oftentimes I feel half of my time is spend on trying to make my name match between different forms and services.

This time seems the katakata in my Paypay card and my app identification verification were different. I don't think the operator appreciated it much when she asked "Which one is correct?" and I answered "That is a really good question".
Wait, are you saying you are a fool, love money, or both? 🤔🤔🤔

IMG_9580.jpeg

Reactions: Alice and Cinnabums
Wait, are you saying you are a fool, love money, or both? 🤔🤔🤔

Should be obvious to anyone here that at least the first one applies.

I also would like to start a group called AAV or Anonymous Autocorrect Victims. Second time in as many days which means I should probably stop writing with my phone. Or altogether could be the audience choice.

Reactions: Alice

Does self-quoting make you blind or cause hairy palms?

Just spend 15 minutes of my life talking to a woman with a very nice and soothing voice. She wanted me to change my name, not to hers, unfortunately, but to drop my middle name.

Her: "You are requesting a name change, right?"
Me - well, not really, it seems just that in your system you have my middle name in katakana in two different ways.
"Which one is the correct way?"
- Neither or both, as far as I understand kana is just there to help with pronounciation and neither is what it should be natively
"Why don't we just remove the middle name completely and you just use your first and last names?"
- I am fine with that, afterall your credit card already does that and it is just your systems in back that uses katakana, right?
"Yes, so I will send you the forms to change your name and you just fill them out and send back and we then send you a new credit card"
Me thinking "so you send me a new card that is exactly like the old one"
- Sounds wonderful.
"Great, so you just need to fill the form and then attach the documentation that shows your name change and all is fine"
- Well, I haven't changed my name so what kind of documentation you would like to have?
"Just send us MyNumber card or driver's licence or residence card that doesn't have your middle name in it"
- Oh boy...

Reactions: Negi77 and uchimura
Does self-quoting make you blind or cause hairy palms?

Just spend 15 minutes of my life talking to a woman with a very nice and soothing voice. She wanted me to change my name, not to hers, unfortunately, but to drop my middle name.

Her: "You are requesting a name change, right?"
Me - well, not really, it seems just that in your system you have my middle name in katakana in two different ways.
"Which one is the correct way?"
- Neither or both, as far as I understand kana is just there to help with pronounciation and neither is what it should be natively
"Why don't we just remove the middle name completely and you just use your first and last names?"
- I am fine with that, afterall your credit card already does that and it is just your systems in back that uses katakana, right?
"Yes, so I will send you the forms to change your name and you just fill them out and send back and we then send you a new credit card"
Me thinking "so you send me a new card that is exactly like the old one"
- Sounds wonderful.
"Great, so you just need to fill the form and then attach the documentation that shows your name change and all is fine"
- Well, I haven't changed my name so what kind of documentation you would like to have?
"Just send us MyNumber card or driver's licence or residence card that doesn't have your middle name in it"
- Oh boy...
You gotta fight….
For your right….
To … [ not sure what exactly but you gotta fight for it]

Reactions: MikeH
You gotta fight….
For your right….
To … [ not sure what exactly but you gotta fight for it]

No fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name
But no-one wants you when you lose

Don't give up you still have us
Don't give up we don't need much of anything
Don't give up 'cause somewhere there's a place where you don't need to write your name in double byte romaji

No fight left or so it seems
I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name
But no-one wants you when you lose

Don't give up you still have us
Don't give up we don't need much of anything
Don't give up 'cause somewhere there's a place where you don't need to write your name in double byte romaji
Great song and you added even more poignant lyrics in the end

What's it called? "Loser with no friends" ? :p

I relate to this lately.....some of you'z also....but not mentioning any names

What's it called? "Loser with no friends" ? :p

Winners don't need no friends. My eyesight is going, does it say "Hymens to the silent" on your video?

Reactions: just4fun
Winners don't need no friends. My eyesight is going, does it say "Hymens to the silent" on your video?
Zackly and more or less than before :p