The Anything Goes Thread

1689641317834.png

Is there a meaning to the cards you might get from a provider?
The one's I've gotten don't hold real value unless they write their LINE or other personal contact info.
Some cards I’ve seen have different numbers to call for a reservation with.

Whenever I’ve asked the girl for their card at the end, usually I get a surprised/happy response where it feels like I’ve conveyed more than just words that I plan to be booking them again in the future.

Also I’ve used the card to show the staff helping me that not only am I a repeat customer of that shop, but also that I’ve used the person I was requesting previously. And I’ve gotten good recommendations from them for someone of similar style/vibe/body type based on the type of girl whose card I had had too.

Reactions: Alice
In European football the team record is written W-D-L but in American football it's written W-L-D, what's up with that?

There are fewer draws in American football?
Yeah, but what about hockey with OT wins? Equally (North) American, more occurrences than draws in football. Just feel like the European model makes more sense you know, more points to less

Yeah, but what about hockey with OT wins? Equally (North) American, more occurrences than draws in football. Just feel like the European model makes more sense you know, more points to less
I wish I knew what this meant.

OT - what does that mean? hockey? like, the game that everyone who can't run very fast plays at school if they're not busy playing badminton? Or do you mean ICE hockey? Where players get murdered on the ice? European model... like, Kate Moss? More points to less... I feel like this is a reference to Eurovision.

Am I close?

Reactions: Alice
Also, guys. GUYS. Welcome to Wrexham season 2 just dropped. Holy FUCK this is the best show in years.

Reactions: hrbb

OT - what does that mean? hockey? like, the game that everyone who can't run very fast plays at school if they're not busy playing badminton? Or do you mean ICE hockey? Where players get murdered on the ice? European model... like, Kate Moss? More points to less... I feel like this is a reference to Eurovision.

Am I close?
Overtime win in NHL ice hockey, worth half a win if I remember correctly. I'm not that much more aware of hockey than you are.

European model is like I said: write wins first, then draws, then losses. Makes sense since wins give a lot of points, draws give a few points, and losses give nada. Meanwhile the American way of writing it wins-losses-draws just looks odd

Overtime win in NHL ice hockey, worth half a win if I remember correctly. I'm not that much more aware of hockey than you are.

European model is like I said: write wins first, then draws, then losses. Makes sense since wins give a lot of points, draws give a few points, and losses give nada. Meanwhile the American way of writing it wins-losses-draws just looks odd
One thing to consider in American pro sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) teams do not get points for a win (or tie). Win/Loss records count directly into determining who gets into playoffs. Ties are not a consideration due to their rarity. NFL rules allow for ties in regular season games, but not playoffs. MLB and NBA will keep playing until someone wins. Hell, I once attended a baseball game that lasted 8 hours (July 4, 1985).

Am I close?
He's referring to the ice version, the only version that matters.

And to be fair, there's only been one alleged murder (no convictions) on the ice. The recent death of Adam Johnson was a tragic accident (and the second time in memory that a player had their throat slashed by a skate). Mostly it's just concussions and broken bones and knocked out teeth.

I have no idea how I emerged from years of playing with all my teeth intact, especially as a defenseman.

Overtime win in NHL ice hockey, worth half a win if I remember correctly.
A W is a W. Two points in the standings, same as a regular time win.

Reactions: Alice and MikeH
A great XMas gift idea from your favorite president… (this is a real ad and so much better than any comedic spoof )

A great XMas gift idea from your favorite president… (this is a real ad and so much better than any comedic spoof )

The word huckster really needs to make a comeback.

A W is a W. Two points in the standings, same as a regular time win.
Told you I'm not the biggest hockeyhead. Should have said OT losses instead, which now that I think about it doesn't make a ton of sense that it awards points. Would totally get it if regulation time win is worth 3 or 4 points

Reactions: Sudsy
Hey, as long as you don't own a Maple Leafs jersey, you're ahead of the game.
Good on that front. Per my memory the only sport apparels in my cabinet are that horrendous Barcelona yellow-red, F1 hazard flag-ass away kit I won from a tabloid raffle and Ferrari polo-and-shorts for the Japanese GP earlier this year. Gonna need to add Black-and-Gold terrible towels at some point

Good on that front. Per my memory the only sport apparels in my cabinet are that horrendous Barcelona yellow-red, F1 hazard flag-ass away kit I won from a tabloid raffle and Ferrari polo-and-shorts for the Japanese GP earlier this year. Gonna need to add Black-and-Gold terrible towels at some point
No Leafs, no Man U... you appear to be a bit of a scholar.

Reactions: SquidCity
No Leafs, no Man U... you appear to be a bit of a scholar.
Oh please, no scholars would stoop low enough to support Ferrari. Unless they want a quick release of death due to general Italian incompetence. Being their fan would give you actual aneurysms

Oh please, no scholars would stoop low enough to support Ferrari. Unless they want a quick release of death due to general Italian incompetence. Being their fan would give you actual aneurysms
Ferrari this year has been a complete clusterfuck. Not that they were great in recent years, but 2023 is just . . . . . awful.

He's referring to the ice version, the only version that matters exists.

Fixed that for you.

Sabres goalie in 1989 and Panthers player in 2008 both got their throats cut by a skate in NHL and survived because they had doctors in duty. Meanwhile several amateur players have died for the same as there are no docs available.

Fixed that for you.

Sabres goalie in 1989 and Panthers player in 2008 both got their throats cut by a skate in NHL and survived because they had doctors in duty. Meanwhile several amateur players have died for the same as there are no docs available.
I missed the Panthers one (and the amateur ones, don't get to see many amateur games here)

Ferrari this year has been a complete clusterfuck. Not that they were great in recent years, but 2023 is just . . . . . awful.

I haven't watched a single race since they fixed the championship to Verstappen in 2021 despite the fact that I dislike Hamilton like every non-Brit.