The Anything Goes Thread

Ferrari this year has been a complete clusterfuck. Not that they were great in recent years, but 2023 is just . . . . . awful.
Well, at least I didn't came into the year smoking illegal amounts of hopium like I did last year. Remember when Leclerc was like 40-something point up and we thought Ferrari had both titles in the bag?

Also just wanna chip in and say that the FIA are absolute nonces for that Sainz penalty in Vegas. Genuinely costed us P2 to the evil regime.

Reactions: IchigoDave
I haven't watched a single race since they fixed the championship to Verstappen in 2021 despite the fact that I dislike Hamilton like every non-Brit.
Glad to tell you didn't miss that much. The evil regime just got swapped by a slightly less evil band of lederhosen-wearing weirdos. FIA also continues to be absolutely diabolical, perhaps somehow even worse than Lap 58

Reactions: MikeH
I missed the Panthers one (and the amateur ones, don't get to see many amateur games here)

I watched that Panthers game but have only read about the older one. And after reading a scientific article about the amateur deaths wore a neck guard.

Until I decided it's too hot and trashed the thing.

Reactions: Sudsy
The recent death of Adam Johnson was a tragic accident

I dunno man, did you see the footage? It looked like a classic example of a player who was just accidentally on purpose intent on colliding with a player. It happens a lot in rugby when a player scores - some grub on the other team is just trying to prevent the player from touching the ball down, honestly, no ulterior motive honest guv!, and obviously the only way to prevent the player from touching the ball down is to knee them in the head right after they touch the ball down. But for me it is cast-iron, bolted-on manslaughter.

I dunno man, did you see the footage? It looked like a classic example of a player who was just accidentally on purpose intent on colliding with a player. It happens a lot in rugby when a player scores - some grub on the other team is just trying to prevent the player from touching the ball down, honestly, no ulterior motive honest guv!, and obviously the only way to prevent the player from touching the ball down is to knee them in the head right after they touch the ball down. But for me it is cast-iron, bolted-on manslaughter.
Yeah, I saw it - and there's a lot of people claiming it was intentional. I played the game growing up, and I don't see the intent - intent to goon, yeah, but not for what happened.

Also just wanna chip in and say that the FIA are absolute nonces for that Sainz penalty in Vegas. Genuinely costed us P2 to the evil regime.
Absolute fuckery on FIA's part. That was Angel Hernandez (most hated umpire in MLB) level of bullshit.

Yeah, I saw it - and there's a lot of people claiming it was intentional. I played the game growing up, and I don't see the intent - intent to goon, yeah, but not for what happened.

Yeah I don't think he intended to kill the guy. I do think he intended to try a grubby move that was plausibly deniable though. Especially after seeing the footage of him doing it in another match.

But, whatever. It has cemented my view that my phobia of ice-skating is perfectly rational lol. My sisters are like, oh, yeah, we are gonna take all the kids ice-skating at Christmas, is your daughter joining us? And I mean I can't even answer them because as soon as someone even says ice skating I freeze (sic). I can't imagine any positive outcome from putting blades on your feet. When I become president, ice-skating will be banned to fuck.

Reactions: Alice
I can't imagine any positive outcome from putting blades on your feet.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women?

So, I had one singular session on this Japan trip that ended a few days ago. During downtime, we had the regular chatting about life and whatnot and as always, weeb shit came up. Cue her picking her phone from the table next to the bed and showing me her JJK merch on the back of it and suddenly we're talking about controversial happenings in the manga followed by some German lessons because Japanese love German words. Almost forgot wtf we were in that love hotel for but it was funny nonetheless.

Now it's time to go back on the grind so I can fit more sessions on my...trip in 3 years because on the next ones, I'll probably not be able to go because I am not the tour guide for everybody who suddenly wants to go to Japan with me :(

Reactions: Alice and Tabanico
Seriously! Everybody NEEDS to watch this.
I've seen your entertainment suggestions in the past and this sounds like a hard "NO" imho :p:):D

• Haha
Reactions: MikeH and Tabanico
I've seen your entertainment suggestions in the past and this sounds like a hard "NO" imho :p:):D

Well if you think what he normally likes to watch maybe that TV series is worth taking a look too?

• Haha
Reactions: Tabanico
IMG_6844.jpeg

Reactions: Majestyk and Sudsy
Yeah I don't think he intended to kill the guy. I do think he intended to try a grubby move that was plausibly deniable though. Especially after seeing the footage of him doing it in another match.

But, whatever. It has cemented my view that my phobia of ice-skating is perfectly rational lol. My sisters are like, oh, yeah, we are gonna take all the kids ice-skating at Christmas, is your daughter joining us? And I mean I can't even answer them because as soon as someone even says ice skating I freeze (sic). I can't imagine any positive outcome from putting blades on your feet. When I become president, ice-skating will be banned to fuck.
You should watch Shoresy......

Reactions: Sudsy and Tabanico
Reactions: Tabanico
@Tabanico - this is the start of it all. Canadian hick humour.