The days of telephone clubs

thirdman

TAG Member
Reaction score
Are there any long-time residents here that remember the days of "telephone clubs" that used to be near every major train station?

I wonder how they worked. I think a guy would pay a fee to go into a room where there was a landline phone and maybe a video player with some adult movies. But then what would happen? I think the phone would ring and a girl would arrange a meeting either in the room or outside.

This is for a research project. I kniw these place no longer exist.

Are there any long-time residents here that remember the days of "telephone clubs" that used to be near every major train station?

I wonder how they worked. I think a guy would pay a fee to go into a room where there was a landline phone and maybe a video player with some adult movies. But then what would happen? I think the phone would ring and a girl would arrange a meeting either in the room or outside.

This is for a research project. I kniw these place no longer exist.
Was there a scene like that in Great Teacher Onizuka?

Reactions: requiemmorrow
This was the days before everyone had mobile phones. The business model was the shops mass distributed their Dial in numbers to ladies via tissue packs at train stations, in magazines, etc. Ladies then call into the shops to the guys waiting there. The premise is some kind of adult interaction. Could be a meet up for then or later but largely also for telephone sex. Yes people actually did that back in the day with no video. Heh.

Reactions: Maxblack
But I doubt there were many girls who were willing to pay for phone charges, which were expensive then, in order to have phone sex for no compensation.

This was the days before everyone had mobile phones. The business model was the shops mass distributed their Dial in numbers to ladies via tissue packs at train stations, in magazines, etc. Ladies then call into the shops to the guys waiting there. The premise is some kind of adult interaction. Could be a meet up for then or later but largely also for telephone sex. Yes people actually did that back in the day with no video. Heh.
Did you ever visit one?

Visit one what? These were telephone services, so I don't think there was a place to visit.

Indeed there were places to visit. Men visited. Women called in. Btw - all the deai cafes now basically used to be these テレクラ

Visit one what? These were telephone services, so I don't think there was a place to visit.
They definitely existed as physical locations and held out in rural areas till about 2010. From the Yamanote line, you used to be able to see the テレクラ signs nestled around most stations.

But I doubt there were many girls who were willing to pay for phone charges, which were expensive then, in order to have phone sex for no compensation.
Nah dude land line calls from your parents’ phone when you’re a high school girl are cheap. You’d call in, goof off, maybe eventually arrange to meet a guy and get paid for some adult stuff and maybe not get busted for “compensated dating of a minor”

Doubt if you like. I don’t think you appreciate how “mass” the marketing to women actually was. Then there is the Sakura factor which as a student of this material you already know…