Guest viewing is limited

The First House Bar (Roppongi)

BankerguyCanada

TAG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been here or checked this place out?
Friend of mine says its dope... easy place to meet woman in their 20's looking to hookup. However on the other hand..my japanese friend's husband said to stay away as its nigerian owned and thus there are fears of being drugged/robbed.
few english reviews online... hmm

anyone been there? or heard anything?

I don’t know anything about it but would advise erring on the side of caution when going to an unfamiliar place in Roppongi. This doesn’t necessarily mean not going, but there are precautions you can take, such as going with one or more friends, not taking any credit cards or more cash than you can afford to lose etc. And obviously doing online research, like starting this thread, is a good idea.

-Ww

Welcome any feedback too.

I'm in Tokyo this week, so a change from Oak and R2 is always welcome.

Needs to be legit and safe though - lone wolf traveling!

I was there with coworkers since it’s down the street about 5 minutes walk from our office. Great atmosphere and senior engineer took care of the bill. So it’s all good lol

Roppongi is a shit hole. Avoid at all costs.

Fwiiw, this is waaaay over-dramatic imo. Roppongi is certainly edgy and a little bit “dangerous” (mostly for rip offs, not physical violence) by Japanese standards if not world ones, but it also has some very nice places and “opportunities”, some well known and some quite obscure, some way downscale and some way upscale etc. In addiition and very importantly for many who read TAG, it has Tokyo’s most accessible nightlife for English-speakers.

Roppongi is definitely also a pale shadow of what it once was back in the bubble days, but so is pretty much all the city's nightlife.

-Ww

Fwiiw, this is waaaay over-dramatic imo. Roppongi is certainly edgy and a little bit “dangerous” (mostly for rip offs, not physical violence) by Japanese standards if not world ones, but it also has some very nice places and “opportunities”, some well known and some quite obscure, some way downscale and some way upscale etc. In addiition and very importantly for many who read TAG, it has Tokyo’s most accessible nightlife for English-speakers.

Roppongi is definitely also a pale shadow of what it once was back in the bubble days, but so is pretty much all the city's nightlife.

-Ww

Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. How original WW.

Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. How original WW.

Nah, disagreeing for the sake of correcting the bad (imo) advice in your previous post. An only English-speaking visitor to Tokyo would miss a lot of things, some bad but some good, if they followed your advice, and many such folks rely on TAG for their information.

-Ww

I was there with coworkers since it’s down the street about 5 minutes walk from our office. Great atmosphere and senior engineer took care of the bill. So it’s all good lol
thanks! good place to pick up girls?
mix crowd?
music type?

Young professionals in late 20 hangout there. If you look fresh and speak perfect Japanese, you can get some girl

Reactions: Wwanderer
I skipped it in the end - i couldn't be fussed with Roppongi!

Ended up meeting my local girl I met earlier in the week for a few drinks :)

I skipped it in the end - i couldn't be fussed with Roppongi!

Ended up meeting my local girl I met earlier in the week for a few drinks :)

Damn, that seems like bad omen for tonight! But an adventurer I am and will still strike out to see what the area has to offer. I heard to pick up older women the best places are salsa clubs in the area. I do know how to salsa a little, so might try my hand at that. Any other lone wolves (male or female) out tonight let me know, maybe we can link up and go together. I had the privilege of meeting one TAG member in person last night (@Frenchy) and he was pretty cool and not as hideous as most people think he probably is! (That was for you @Frenchy, Lol)

Reactions: Frenchy
Damn, that seems like bad omen for tonight! But an adventurer I am and will still strike out to see what the area has to offer. I heard to pick up older women the best places are salsa clubs in the area. I do know how to salsa a little, so might try my hand at that. Any other lone wolves (male or female) out tonight let me know, maybe we can link up and go together. I had the privilege of meeting one TAG member in person last night (@Frenchy) and he was pretty cool and not as hideous as most people think he probably is! (That was for you @Frenchy, Lol)
Thanks for the plug, well worth the jpy600 of gyozas I paid :)

Thanks for the plug, well worth the jpy600 of gyozas I paid :)

Yep no problem, I think it’s good for people to know everyone on here is an actual person and you can’t be terrified to meet someone from the digital world, not all of us are monsters, Lol

If I may add, especially for the ladies, mrd4w is also a real cool , smart army guy and would have been totally my type if I was less old, less drunk and less heterosexual :D

Yep no problem, I think it’s good for people to know everyone on here is an actual person and you can’t be terrified to meet someone from the digital world, not all of us are monsters, Lol
True. Hey I was totally cool meeting a black US military guy who was just out of a gang bang! Not afraid! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: mrd4w
True. Hey I was totally cool meeting a black US military guy who was just out of a gang bang! Not afraid! :ROFLMAO:

Well I had just relieved some stress, so I wasn’t as aggressive as most people say Marines are, Lol.:D

Well I had just relieved some stress, so I wasn’t as aggressive as most people say Marines are, Lol.:D
that must be it! Thanks for liking my post btw, I was sure you would find it funny but a bit anxious some Politically Correct police guys may find it offensive (been to the US many times and its like getting offended has become the national pastime there, sorry to say):)

that must be it! Thanks for liking my post btw, I was sure you would find it funny but a bit anxious some Politically Correct police guys may find it offensive (been to the US many times and its like getting offended has become the national pastime there, sorry to say):)
Yeah that is unfrotnately true for too many things now a days, takes a lot to offend me but I totally agreed with what we were talking about last night; or should I say butt crack ass early this morning, Lol(y)

Reactions: Frenchy