Guest viewing is limited

The Yoshiwara Soapland Resource Thread

Oh you're right I wasn't accounting for the time. šŸ˜… Still overpriced in my opinion, but if money isn't an issue, then I would say go for it
If money isnā€™t an issue Iā€™d go for one of the Diamond/JAV providers at Versailles, Segretario is still mid-tier in comparisonā€¦

Reactions: Alice and clover
If money isnā€™t an issue Iā€™d go for one of the Diamond/JAV providers at Versailles, Segretario is still mid-tier in comparisonā€¦
Apologies in advance if this isnt the place to ask šŸ™šŸ™:
Is there anywhere else on Versailles site that indicates the price for each tier ?
thus far i'm only able to find the base(?) 30k yen but they gotta have different add-on for different tiers right ? platinum,diamond, pink panther etc

Apologies in advance if this isnt the place to ask šŸ™šŸ™:
Is there anywhere else on Versailles site that indicates the price for each tier ?
thus far i'm only able to find the base(?) 30k yen but they gotta have different add-on for different tiers right ? platinum,diamond, pink panther etc
The girl's twitter will usually list the full price. Expect to pay between 80-120k.

I really want to visit Versailles but that price is somewhat difficult to justify (especially since I've read reviews here that its CBJ) .... I'll still probably do it anyways
I agree. You can haggle at Versailles (see my review for Ohka from last month for example) but yeah...
Also the CBJ depends a bit on the provider, wasn't a big negative for me tbh (felt better than most bbbj lol)

Reactions: Cinnabums
I really want to visit Versailles but that price is somewhat difficult to justify (especially since I've read reviews here that its CBJ) .... I'll still probably do it anyways
yeah i'll go for it too just because its probably a once in a lifetime thing for me. Just hoping that it isnt strictly 2shots only else i might be creating a blackhole in my walletšŸ˜Ø

How often do they ask for your nationality? I've seen it mentioned in multiple reviews here.

I'm Asian-American and fluent in Japanese but I'm not keen on lying. Some of the Yoshiwara websites I've checked clearly say "No foreigners" and "no refunds" if you're found to be breaking their rules. I would like to avoid angering the yakuza if possible.

How often do they ask for your nationality? I've seen it mentioned in multiple reviews here.

I'm Asian-American and fluent in Japanese but I'm not keen on lying. Some of the Yoshiwara websites I've checked clearly say "No foreigners" and "no refunds" if you're found to be breaking their rules. I would like to avoid angering the yakuza if possible.
It depends on how fluent you are and if you have an "American" accent. Or if you have a Japanese name.
As a general rule, the shops know that customers want their hobbying to be on the down-low so don't ask to see ID by default, because people don't want their real names associated with their fun. So they'll only really probe if they suspect something.

I have a friend who's Japanese-American but speaks with a very American accent. But he has a drivers license with his Japanese name in Kanji, so even if he gets questioned he just pulls it out and gets let through. Or he gets turned away sometimes based on language ability, in which case he just finds another shop and tries again.

On the other hand, I don't have a Japanese name but my accent is pretty hard to pick out. So I get into a lot of No foreigner shops without paying gaijin tax. One of the things I've found is that the really strict shops look for mannerisms - whether you bow, the way you count money and hand it over, stuff like that. If you've lived in Japan for a few years you'll probably have picked up on enough of that to blend in.

If they suspect you, all that will happen is that they will ask "ę—„ęœ¬ć®ę–¹ć§ć™ć‹ļ¼Ÿ" and if you don't feel like lying, just say no. Or you can say that you're ćƒćƒ¼ćƒ• and your mom is Japanese, so you don't have a Japanese surname. They'll either turn you away or ask for gaijin tax. Or they might test your language ability and just let you through. Either way it's no harm, no foul, no hard feelings. Don't think too hard about it.

They will probably ask if you are on the phone and they can't see you in person. On location the guy at the counter will decide if you are "worthy" or not and if you are new to the store the outcome can of course vary depending on time of day and the staff member. Just be polite, answer their questions and don't worry too much. There is no "angering the yakuza".....imagine it like going out clubbing and you have to pass the guy at the door ^^

If they suspect you, all that will happen is that they will ask "ę—„ęœ¬ć®ę–¹ć§ć™ć‹ļ¼Ÿ" and if you don't feel like lying, just say no. Or you can say that you're ćƒćƒ¼ćƒ• and your mom is Japanese, so you don't have a Japanese surname. They'll either turn you away or ask for gaijin tax. Or they might test your language ability and just let you through. Either way it's no harm, no foul, no hard feelings. Don't think too hard about it.
Happened alot to me, but I will come clean and just say actually I'm a foreigner.
Never want to risk being banned from a shop especially if the girls I like are there.

Reactions: PotatoMarmite
I did a recent review that should publish soon but not all girls are CBJ there. I think depends on if they perceive you as clean i think.

It depends on how fluent you are and if you have an "American" accent. Or if you have a Japanese name.
As a general rule, the shops know that customers want their hobbying to be on the down-low so don't ask to see ID by default, because people don't want their real names associated with their fun. So they'll only really probe if they suspect something.

I have a friend who's Japanese-American but speaks with a very American accent. But he has a drivers license with his Japanese name in Kanji, so even if he gets questioned he just pulls it out and gets let through. Or he gets turned away sometimes based on language ability, in which case he just finds another shop and tries again.

On the other hand, I don't have a Japanese name but my accent is pretty hard to pick out. So I get into a lot of No foreigner shops without paying gaijin tax. One of the things I've found is that the really strict shops look for mannerisms - whether you bow, the way you count money and hand it over, stuff like that. If you've lived in Japan for a few years you'll probably have picked up on enough of that to blend in.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Great points about the element of chance and mannerisms, I haven't lived in Japan in a decade so I definitely forgot all the body language. I'll study Youtube videos and ask my friends to do some tenchou-customer roleplay.

Name shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure giving a fake name is part of the deal. And the gaijin tax is really lame, the extra 10k really ruins the value of these sessions. Some people in this forum recommend other locations to play in, but Yoshiwara seems fine value-wise if you can finish multiple times in 90-120 minutes.

And the gaijin tax is really lame, the extra 10k really ruins the value of these sessions. Some people in this forum recommend other locations to play in, but Yoshiwara seems fine value-wise if you can finish multiple times in 90-120 minutes.

Just look through a few reviews. I am not the biggest Yoshiwara fan because gaijin tax is so common there, but it's not the same everywhere. Some places only charge half of that, others none at all.

I did a recent review that should publish soon but not all girls are CBJ there. I think depends on if they perceive you as clean i think.
No, it just depends on the girl. No amount of grooming will make her give you a bbbj if itā€™s not on offer. Personally I prefer CBJ to someone offering name fs but thatā€™s just my std paranoia :p

Tell me you have watched too many movies without telling me you have watched too many movies.
I just love these American stereotypes. The Yakuza all carry swords and if you lie to them they force you to commit seppuku. Hontoni!!

Thanks for the replies, guys. Great points about the element of chance and mannerisms, I haven't lived in Japan in a decade so I definitely forgot all the body language. I'll study Youtube videos and ask my friends to do some tenchou-customer roleplay.
You might be overthinking this. If you are that concerned about the tax then depending on your budget go to y-shirt, club39 or Versailles, none of them have gaijin tax (Versailles you just negotiate it away with the tenchou).

I actually got into a little argument with some of the staff at a soapland once. I paid in the morning and had a reservation for later in the afternoon. Came back for my appointment and had my fun, but afterwards one of the staff told me that I had not paid yet as I was about to leave. Apparently the guy in the morning forgot that I had already paid, which led to a bit of a heated argument between me and a couple of the staff.

I held my ground, and eventually they said they were going to review their camera footage. I stayed in the waiting room both furious and worried, and after what seemed like an eternity for their review, the guy I originally gave the money to apologized for his mistake. I'm going to give him/them the benefit of the doubt and believe it was an honest mistake and not some attempt to get more money out of me, but I certainly played out some potential scenarios in my head of what could have happened if things went south.

I eventually used the soapland again a few months later on a different trip, and I'm not sure they even remembered me, but it's all water under the bridge now.

Reactions: vpasta and Alice
Came back for my appointment and had my fun, but afterwards one of the staff told me that I had not paid yet as I was about to leave.

Sounds like a strange accusation anyway. I mean no place let's you in before money has changed hands.

Good to hear it got resolved, but sounds like a shitty situation to deal withšŸ˜

Reactions: Alice and stray
Sounds like a strange accusation anyway. I mean no place let's you in before money has changed hands.

Good to hear it got resolved, but sounds like a shitty situation to deal withšŸ˜
That was one of my arguments. Why would they have let me have my fun first without paying?

My Japanese is fine for most basic P4P interactions with staff, but I was not prepared to argue about something like that. I had to rely on Google Translate a few times, which made it even more frustrating. All the staff were apologetic in the end, and I can be a forgiving man.

Reactions: Alice
A true maverick would have gone "Okay, for all this shit, I get a free round with any of the girls, right?"

Reactions: soaplandfun
A true maverick would have gone "Okay, for all this shit, I get a free round with any of the girls, right?"
It'd be a shame if I tripped on their stairs and hurt myself and had to sue them for millions in damages, oh wait wrong country.

• Haha
Reactions: Alice
Fyi Segretario gives you a 10k discount if you bring a friend (5k each). On the other hand we donā€™t get the 10k rookie discount which amounts to a 20k gaijin tax if you choose a rookie, so only worth it if you go for one of their top girls (who are all booked out during GW, I checked :X3:)