Theme for Halloween, and Kyoto recommendations?

Rollic

TAG Member
Reaction score
I've been planning and looking forward for my next trip to Tokyo next month, along with a short stay in Kyoto. It just occurred to me I will be around for Halloween on Oct 31 as well. I realize it probably isn't as big in Japan, but I was wondering if anyone else had any previous experiences over the years at certain shops/salons that is recommended? I'm not much of a party person so a large crowded costumed rave event isn't as appealing to me as visiting a shop where the girls are dressed to the theme.

If anyone has any recommendations in the Kyoto/Kansai area I would appreciate that too.

• late 20s, Asian American
  • Studied Japanese before but out of practice, and can probably only hold short sentence simple conversation
  • Visited Darling Harbour and several gaijin friendly pink salons, only denied once at Twin Tail for not saying I understand enough Japanese, but tried again on a second visit specifying more and was allowed.

I realized I will be around for Halloween on Oct 31 as well. I realize it probably isn't as big in Japan,
Well, if you're in Tokyo, it is indeed a big deal. The weekend before and after may be busy in the nightlife areas, especially Shibuya and Roppongi.

You won't need to go to a bar or shop; there's plenty in the street to look at - at least on event nights.

I don't have any personal experience to offer for your request, but others may... stay tuned!

Reactions: Sudsy