This is Jay :)

JayGoesWalkin

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm Jay.

I'm 19 years old, Korean, and currently in Hiroshima for my working holiday and gap year. I don't really have a pretty face and I'm slightly overweight but I have been called cute . Other than that, glasses, dimples, short (some guys seem to dig it). What else... Yeah, nice to meet you :D

It's been 8 months since I came to Japan (time flies, wow) and in September I'll be going to university in Canada, but I'll be in Hiroshima until about the end of June and going to Tokyo for a visit around that time.

For the last few months I just worked like crazy (had fun, though. I work as a server and most of the lunchtime customers are some of the sweetest grandmothers you'll ever see) - didn't meet anyone, no relationships, nada.

I tried Happy Mail only to find out that Japanese men made me quite uncomfortable (?) in ways that I can't really explain. I guess I'm just not used to them. I can't really imagine having a relationship with a Japanese guy.

So yeah, if you're in Hiroshima, great! Send me a message. Maybe we can meet up . Or maybe I can meet up with some of you at Tokyo when I visit. Have some chats, some dinners, or more .

Looking forward to chatting with some of you guys. Cheers.

P.S. Also looking for some sugar dating - I've never had the experience though. It wouldn't be long, seeing as I have to go to university, and I don't even know if sugar dating can be done in such a short time, but I'm just giving it a shot haha.

Give J guys a chance, they’re gentlemen!

Happy mail is not really a place to meet boyfriends. Its a place to negotiate an allowance for paid dates, and the guys who do not know that are indeed not the kind of guys you want to meet.
Plus its popular with older gentlemen.
I would not recommend internet dating ever, ever. But maybe start with some hookup apps for young guys if you are looking for unpaid dates? Like tinder and gyaruru.
But really, rather try to go out and meet people in real life, less weird surprises. There are really only old ladies at the place you work?

Also don’t sell yourself short, Korean girls often look great. You’ll probably get spammed from now on, haha!

I'll try haha.

Yeah there seems to be an uncomfortable number of middle-aged men trying to pick up girls on Happy Mail.

Tinder and gyaruru, got it. XD

It is a pretty small restaurant with a lot of grandmotherly regulars so yeah. And most of the customers do come as family. I can count the number of unattached guys on my right hand (sigh).

Thanks for your reply! Haven't been spammed yet XD

I tried Happy Mail only to find out that Japanese men made me quite uncomfortable (?) in ways that I can't really explain. I guess I'm just not used to them. I can't really imagine having a relationship with a Japanese guy..

Hi Jay! How sweet, you're living the most memorable years of your life. I hope when you grow older, you'll have wonderful memories from your early twenties. College memories never die.

It's okay not to be attracted to Japanese guys. I am personally not attracted to the average Yamada-san either. I am perhaps more attracted to a Japanese woman than the average guy here in Japan. They do absolutely zero for me. However, sometimes there are gems and exceptions. Japanese Americans, or Japanese guys who have overseas experience, speak fluent English and have an international social circle are much different than the average Japanese guy. May be, just like me you could see you can have great time with them. It's not them being Asian, because I had good time with few other Asians or Asian Americans perhaps they are more international, nomadic and on the same page with me.

Plus the dating scene is not limited to Japanese! I never had problems with Americans, Aussies or Europeans being attracted to me..

I hope you enjoy your short stay here and can find whatever you're looking for. And make sure to enjoy it to the fullest potential!

Note: There's nothing wrong with being chubby. Nobody can look ugly at 19! I personally will take a chubby guy with a cute smile anytime.. think of Chris Pratt when he was a Chubster :)

Last edited:
I think surgaring will be more with older guys... Cuz they are more financially secure and have no issues with arrangements. That said I'm sure there are exceptions... Depending on ur goals in sugaring... Make cash or have fun... Have fun while making cash or some mentoring whatever... They are not mutually exclusive just saying it can impact sugaring if too money focused... With that stated then u may want to indicate ur expected allowance and clarify if per meeting or other... Also advise if intimate time is part of it.... Just my comments... Good luck and enjoy your experience as well as every day!!!!

Hi Jay, I'm a 24 year old Aussie in Hiroshima for a few days. If you want to catch up, let me know :)

Reactions: Simonka