Guest viewing is limited

Thoughts from Tokyo Dome

RIDER 00

TAG Member
Reaction score
Despite the Yomiuri Giants not being as good a team as they should be right now, I found myself in Tokyo Dome last night and just wanted to rant about a few things. There are some legit warnings in here, so this shouldn't be a completely useless post.

1. There are sure a lot more foreigners coming to games than in the past. I guess it's because less Japanese people are going in general, especially for the teams that suck. This is a good thing, but it's unfortunate that the tiny seats can't support our overweight foreign bodies. (Mine included)

But, I can tell that some of them were only there because they are current visiting Tokyo on tour. Again, that's fine, but don't show up dress from head to tow in Giants gear and then leave after 50 minutes. That kind of thing is just insulting to the other baseball fans in general. (The guy had a busty blonde hottie with him, so if they were leaving to get it on somewhere, then I'll forgive him)

2. This is for some of the Japanese fans, but pick a side if you're gonna cheer along with the cheering sections. Cheering for both sides is bad karma, especially for the fans who have loyalties to only one of the teams playing.

3. Beware of spilled drinks in Tokyo Dome. I have seen this on more than one occasion, and people have a tendency to spill beer and such on the floor and this trickles down to all the people sitting in front of them. If you have bags on the floor, they are going to get a nasty stain that will get sticky later. I had to yell at a drunk group of buffoons for this yesterday and I am still not happy about it.

4. Again, this is more for the Japanese fans, especially the oyagi (old man) group, but getting drunk and rowdy at baseball games is fine. It adds to the flavor, but please show more respect to the players and fans and don't be drinking to the point where you start blowing whistles and jumping all over the place. The group behind me had a security guard come by to tell them to settle down because things were getting so bad.

5. Tokyo Dome sure does like to hire cute college girls as the beer/alcoholic drink staff. The drunk group behind me was openly screaming how they were all cute and which one was their favorite. In the past, I have seen guys only buying beer from their favorite girl and would hide their still filled cups of beer when she passed by just so they could buy another fresh cup from her. Listen, dude, it ain't gonna happen because you're over 50 and she's in her early 20s and probably already has a boyfriend.

Well, thats the business model i suppose :D

It sure is. As a guy, I won't say that I don't like it, but it's kinda depressing to see. It's similar to major companies only hiring college girls as new recruits that also look cute/hot. Their internal reasoning may be that better looks means better customer satisfaction, but I'd rather have a smart girl doing my bank transactions than the office eye candy. (Although, as I posted last year, that did get my some sex once)

1. There are sure a lot more foreigners coming to games than in the past. I guess it's because less Japanese people are going in general, especially for the teams that suck. This is a good thing, but it's unfortunate that the tiny seats can't support our overweight foreign bodies. (Mine included).

Personally speaking, the less I see fat ass gaijins the better I feel.

Too bad the Japanese tend to imitate that trend.