Guest viewing is limited

Tinder Fail For Indian Guys

Victormarabini36

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
Have been in Japan few times and I think it's one of the most difficult country in Asia for getting attention from girls for me.
I am from a south Asian country and maybe that's a major reason for that.. I am in good shape and dress well..
Not looking for excuses but I have made quite a few approaches and girls just walked aWay or looked away.
Now I read many comments that it's difficult for us Indian guys anyways in Japan or for that matter Asia in general..
I tried Tinder and couldn't get a single match in 2 days lol and that says a lot.
Any ideas or experiences ?
Sorry if I am making a new thread for a subject discussed a few times

Reactions: TAG Manager
Welcome to TAG, sorry to hear about your experiences.

Frankly speaking, yeah, this has been discussed before in a few places.

Simply speaking, Indian men in Japan have a difficult time with local women here.
There are some pre-conceived notions about men from India based on public experiences.

I think the image is changing a little as Indian men realize once out of India, things are different... expectations are different. But, still, at least a large majority of local women avoid or are turned off by Indian men.

It's not the end of the world though... there are successes out there to be had!

Some other good threads from the past:

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/forever-alone.9671/
https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/why-j-girls-are-so-racist.9576/

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Doing pick up in Japan is very different from most countries. It's an entirely different game. I won't get into it in full, because that's what the nampa thread is for, but what I can say is tinder is useless in Japan, especially if you're not white.

That being said however, if you speak the language, and have a generally interesting personality, you can attract some great girls. I have an Indian friend who has some very hot girlfriends.

Hi guys
Thanks a lot for your inputs..
Will keep u updated, yeah agree Japan is different and need to find a niche..and put in work..

Doing pick up in Japan is very different from most countries. It's an entirely different game. I won't get into it in full, because that's what the nampa thread is for, but what I can say is tinder is useless in Japan, especially if you're not white.

That being said however, if you speak the language, and have a generally interesting personality, you can attract some great girls. I have an Indian friend who has some very hot girlfriends.
thanks

One of the most beautiful japanese girl I dated (that should say a lot, lol) is now married to an Indian guy. I saw pictures of her marriage in Indian traditional clothes, she seems super happy.
I don't know how they met tho.

I had two Indian FWB in past.
One was fluent in Japanese, owned his company, was interesting to talk with. He was simply fun to be with both inside and outside of bed.
The other one spoke good Japanese too but just wanted to get serious right after meeting up just a few times.
He became too heavy for me very quickly so I told him so.
He became a stalker which ended up my friend found him waiting for me around my apartment so she called a police!
I don't judge people depending on where they come from but this is the fact that I had a mixed experience with Indian guys.
I won't go detail here what kind of interesting Indian clients I have met through work. But yeah, some of them are quite unique and...different, because of different culture.

I realize it must be more difficult for Indian men than Caucasian men, but Tinder is such a terrible way to meet women here. In the US and China, it sometimes worked for me but usually never. I'm the typical Caucasian with blond hair and blue eyes that a lot of Japanese women find attractive, but even when I match a lot, the women never meet me. They always flake out after matching and chatting for a little bit. Tinder is just a free and easy ego boosting app for women. Good luck to you!

Reactions: owlet and MikeH
I've noticed too that's harder for Indian guys in Japan.
@TokyoJoeblow tinder worked very well for me last summer and it was my first time using that app.

I am white / kind of typical western looking ,I hardly ever match on tinder anymore.. You can't beat face to face interaction I think

I had two Indian FWB in past.
One was fluent in Japanese, owned his company, was interesting to talk with. He was simply fun to be with both inside and outside of bed.
The other one spoke good Japanese too but just wanted to get serious right after meeting up just a few times.
He became too heavy for me very quickly so I told him so.
He became a stalker which ended up my friend found him waiting for me around my apartment so she called a police!
I don't judge people depending on where they come from but this is the fact that I had a mixed experience with Indian guys.
I won't go detail here what kind of interesting Indian clients I have met through work. But yeah, some of them are quite unique and...different, because of different culture.
well if you blew him the way you did me.. You can't blame him for wanting to get heavy haha

although I don't excuse stalking that's too far

Reactions: Manami TMK
I've noticed too that's harder for Indian guys in Japan.
@TokyoJoeblow tinder worked very well for me last summer and it was my first time using that app.

Really? Did you maybe make a good profile and upload many photos of yourself?

I know that meeting women on Tinder here in Shizuoka is difficult. There must be a ton more women that are more open-minded as well in Tokyo.

Really? Did you maybe make a good profile and upload many photos of yourself?

I know that meeting women on Tinder here in Shizuoka is difficult. There must be a ton more women that are more open-minded as well in Tokyo.
not many, just 5 normal photos from facebook

I agree that Tinder is hit-or-miss, but it's not totally useless. I'm a dark-skinned American and I met my last Japanese girlfriend on Tinder. I've also matched with a large number of girls despite having just average looks, and while I haven't pursued anything serious yet, some of the girls I've met made it pretty obvious they'd be willing to date if I were interested (not looking atm for various reasons). Heck, I've even been Super Liked a few times.

Having language skills helps a lot; I recommend writing some Japanese in your intro even if it's only a few lines. It'll get you Likes from girls who'd otherwise immediate swipe left.

Other than that, all I can say is never give up. It's a numbers game, and you're bound to succeed if you try for long enough, especially if you're in an urban area like Tokyo. Just to give you an example, it took me a cumulative total of over five years, hundreds of dates, and thousands of rejections before I finally found a Japanese girlfriend. Remember: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;)

Im definitely no caucasian. I shall leave my ethnicity out of here however I have had amazing success on tinder when I was actively on it. however initialy it was a slump for me as well. the key changes that I made that worked really well were putting interesting pictures all showing different fun stuff like travelling, haloween, sports etc... never put two pictures of the same kind and especially not selfies. in addition make it clear in your profile that you want to date and not just have a hookup. Even if it just turns out being a hookup and the girl is ok with it, as a rule a girl will never want to start a convo with a guy based on that info. japanese helps but i never used it. most of my matches were foreigner girls whch suits me better anyways. getting premium helps as you can super like someone and get their attention. the rest depends on your messaging game and wit. good luck!

not many, just 5 normal photos from facebook

Much more than me. I only had one photo for a while and finally added 2 more. There was an increase in matches, but the women in the countryside are a lot more reserved than they are in the bigger cities.

I agree that Tinder is hit-or-miss, but it's not totally useless. I'm a dark-skinned American and I met my last Japanese girlfriend on Tinder. I've also matched with a large number of girls despite having just average looks, and while I haven't pursued anything serious yet, some of the girls I've met made it pretty obvious they'd be willing to date if I were interested (not looking atm for various reasons). Heck, I've even been Super Liked a few times.

Having language skills helps a lot; I recommend writing some Japanese in your intro even if it's only a few lines. It'll get you Likes from girls who'd otherwise immediate swipe left.

Other than that, all I can say is never give up. It's a numbers game, and you're bound to succeed if you try for long enough, especially if you're in an urban area like Tokyo. Just to give you an example, it took me a cumulative total of over five years, hundreds of dates, and thousands of rejections before I finally found a Japanese girlfriend. Remember: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;)

Looks like I will be using Tinder a lot next time I visit Tokyo around the new year. I agree that in a giant city like Tokyo, it can't possibly be totally useless.