To shave or not to shave, that is the question

ExistentialBain

TAG Member
Reaction score
What's the general consensus on shaving when doing P4P in Japan? Both on the face and downstairs, are y'all going bald like a naked mole rat, unkept like the jungle or somewhere in between?

I shaved my face before the encounter. Downstairs, I couldn't do much about it as I was on vacation but I did shave before I left and let it grow out until the end of my vacation. The girls that I was with didn't really mind it too much as it looked groomed by the time I got to Tokyo during my trip.

I'm lucky enough to have little facial hair growth to worry about shaving.
Though Japan alongside any other Asian countries generally likes men better shaved since many of them think that beards hide their face.
For playtime, if you're going DATY or kiss it would probably be the best to shave the face.
downstairs, probably best to get rid of the jungle or trim it so you don't tickle her nose

Reactions: resiman and Alice
Never trimmed downstairs, do you all go loose with scissors or use a trimmer.

Have asked several providers if I should trim downstairs with negative answers from all(lip service?).

Never trimmed downstairs, do you all go loose with scissors or use a trimmer.

Have asked several providers if I should trim downstairs with negative answers from all(lip service?).
I personally use a trimmer and practically shave it all off. Using scissors would take way too long.

Reactions: resiman and Alice
I use depilatory cream on the shaft and sac, and use a trimmer to shorten everywhere else. That gets the best of both worlds, no sharp stubble anywhere, but the parts that get oral attention are smooth and hair-free.

I will say be very careful with the cream. When it says "no longer than 5 minutes", listen. You don't want chemical burns on your sensitive areas.

For the downstairs region, I use a Panasonic trimer made for body hair. Longer guard for the general area, 0mm guard for any areas where a tongue likely will be. And that includes around the anus - if you’ve got hairy legs, you’ve probably got a hairy crack, and if you’re visiting a lady whose services include rimming, it’ll be appreciated.

Facial, either shave it clean or grow it long enough not to be wiry. There’s really no in between.

I shave my face and trim downstairs.

I have a trimmer attachment for my electric shaver. It feels safer to use than scissors when working on downstairs.

Reactions: Alice
Shave the face a few h before (or at least the morning of the day).
Lasered downstairs (And pretty much everywhere else) to almost 0.
Picking off stragglers around my dick and on my ballsack (too thin, too pale for laser) with electro epilation, thought it's a massive bother.

Can confirm. This is why I don't mess with the cream anymore.
Screenshot_20230610-053449_Bromite.jpg

I would shave your face and trim downstairs.
A lovely lady has spoken. Personally, this is how I roll, as a couple of ladies that I've dated in the past, noticed and appreciated it.

If its long i just use scissors to trim and then one of those five blade razors to shave it clean all done it the shower and always shave every like 3-5 days

I remembered that a provider in a massage place (in Europe though) told me that she refuses to do nuru on guys who shave to 0 and let the stubble grow out a bit. Apparently it's super pricky after a few days.

PSA

If you are shaving before meeting a provider, please either cleanly shave just before meeting OR let it grow a bit before meeting someone. Talked to a few providers recently who have lodged some general complaints about guys who had shaved but basically felt like sandpaper grinding against sensitive/soft spots of their bodies. This results it some serious irritation and pain while in the moment.

You can certainly opt for trimming versus an all out shave fest, but please do leave some buffer there so you're not trying to remove layers of skin against your partner.

I'm going to assume that many have read this thread since I've suddenly been hearing this feedback over the past few weeks. So, please take what I said above and consider your shaving habits.

Thanks.

Thank you very much @TAG Manager
You (and Vaseline) are my life savor.
I didn’t know this thread until now and now everything makes sense! I am telling you, all of a sudden, 9 out of 10 clients I met in the last week or two appeared with shaven but very sharp hair downstairs..
I know it is personal preference but I prefer men with trimmed hair, not shaven completely.

PSA

If you are shaving before meeting a provider, please either cleanly shave just before meeting OR let it grow a bit before meeting someone. Talked to a few providers recently who have lodged some general complaints about guys who had shaved but basically felt like sandpaper grinding against sensitive/soft spots of their bodies. This results it some serious irritation and pain while in the moment.

You can certainly opt for trimming versus an all out shave fest, but please do leave some buffer there so you're not trying to remove layers of skin against your partner.

I'm going to assume that many have read this thread since I've suddenly been hearing this feedback over the past few weeks. So, please take what I said above and consider your shaving habits.

Thanks.

This info is also valid for girls, not just the guys....especially when it comes to Sumata. Clean shaven or with some hair is fine, but if the girl has tiny stubbles you are in for some pain 😶

How do ye all trim downstairs? I've been thinking alot about the easiest way to do it safely.