Turned away at Happiness Gotanda

Eldopa

TAG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to try out Happiness for the first time. I walked in and the guy asked if I could speak Japanese and I said 少し日本語を話します. He then said something in Japanese which I could not understand and therefore I failed the test apparently. He then pointed to the list of girls and said they don’t speak English. So I left Sadness Gotanda.

I wonder if I would have had better luck with another staff or if I had managed the interaction differently. I think I know enough Japanese to navigate a soap session.

I have contacted a few of the girls via Hime/Twitter. Hopefully with a pre arranged reservation I will have a better chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dfblaze
This is not a review. A review is only possible when you get service.

(review form removed)

Reactions: Eldopa
I was hoping to try out Happiness for the first time. I walked in and the guy asked if I could speak Japanese and I said 少し日本語を話します. He then said something in Japanese which I could not understand and therefore I failed the test apparently. He then pointed to the list of girls and said they don’t speak English. So I left Sadness Gotanda.

I wonder if I would have had better luck with another staff or if I had managed the interaction differently. I think I know enough Japanese to navigate a soap session.

I have contacted a few of the girls via Hime/Twitter. Hopefully with a pre arranged reservation I will have a better chance.
You may have better luck on another day but a direct reservation won't guarantee yule get in.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Well after my rejection at (un)Happiness I decided to head to Yoshiwara. I fully expected to walk away from Yoshiwara "empty handed" and was mainly going to gauge the atmosphere.
First I went to Dolce and although they would allow me in they said I would have to wait two hours and there was only one choice of provider available to me. (Plus 1万 tax)
I then went to Cospara and the guy seemed to want to let me in, but after failing to understand several Japanese sentences I got the crossed hands.
I then wandered past Kings Club which was my first soap experience. I looked in the door and the guys waived me in. They showed me to the waiting room in which there were two-guys chain-smoking. I opted out.
I then went to Y-Shirt. The guy who greeted me spoke a lot of english. He said I would have to wait a couple hours and showed me 3 choices. I used to be able to make a reservation via LINE at Darling Harbor. He explained that foreigners were not allowed to make reservations. He mentioned they do not gave a gaijin tax. (Maybe I'll come back another day.)
There were a number of other touts who waived me to their shops but I felt like avoiding the possibility of getting stuck with an おばああさん.
Probably my going on a Saturday was not the best way to gauge the atmosphere, but It seems things were easier in the past.
Hopefully there will be better days...

Last edited:

Have not heard about any foreigner being let in there by walk in. I called like 4 months ago and was turned down. Tried walkin withgood japanese and wasturned down. Found a girl who worked there and booked through her after she confirmed I understood Japanese well and since then walk in is possible, Im now in the system and have also proved that I speak Japanese and left 4 valuable positive reviews for them on Pure Lovers. You need to be able to atleast look like you understand the rules when staff explain it to you etc. But yes, an ok and hime reservation through the girls helps but you still have to confirm your booking atleast one hour prior via phone. Good luck! Its a good store.

Reactions: Maxblack