U.S. 2024 Presidential Election Season kicking off...so who are you betting on??

It's always funny to me when people try to ascribe these malicious plots and strategies to Trump. He's one of the most transparently incompetent people in history. I really think it's just amazing dumb luck that he's made it as far as he has, it probably shocks even him.

Honestly part of me still wants to believe the conspiracy theory that Trump was hired by Hillary in 2015 to derail the GOP primary but then he actually started winning and just ran with it.

IMG_9656.jpeg

Reactions: Cinnabums
Honestly part of me still wants to believe the conspiracy theory that Trump was hired by Hillary in 2015 to derail the GOP primary but then he actually started winning and just ran with it.
Heck, he was a Dem back in the Bush era. Kinda wild to think about it

Reactions: Alice
I’d just like to say thanks for this. Not the first place I thought I would find pungent insight about the 2024 election, but happy I did!

It's been a pinch quiet lately. I wonder why.

Reactions: Frenchy and Alice
It's been a pinch quiet lately. I wonder why.
Might have something to do with this.... public facing rhetoric could be damaging to the upcoming court cases.

• Haha
Reactions: just4fun
Well, Fox hosted a very uninspiring, uneventful "GOP DEBATE" tonight. DJT refused to attend and, reportedly, held his own stupid fucking media event with Fucker Carlson broadcast on some other medium.

I was pre-gaming, tanking Kirkland seltzers before a dinner so I completely forgot to watch the opening. Caught the ending and was actually pleasantly (and not surprisingly) impressed with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott, who are my two favorites for the nomination. The irony is that basically any of the top candidates on stage tonight would easily mop the fucking floor with the obviously ailing, obviously senile Joe Biden in November 2024, but it's looking like none will get that chance when Trump wins the GOP primary and then handily loses in the general election to a geriatric in diapers who probably doesn't even remember his name (and he's forgotten it before).

But I've said it before, I have left the GOP for greener pastures and am fully invested in milking the government teat six ways to Sunday and then some. Four more years of Slow Joe and his idiot staff doling out billions in freebies and Monopoly Money are exactly how this homeboy is gonna retire comfortably with a massive smile.

Trump gets arrested, again, tomorrow. In the coming months, a number of state Attorneys General will use the 14th amendment to prohibit Trump's name being on official ballots for any office of public trust given he's an insurrectionist along with giving aid and comfort to other insurrectionists. The lawsuits stemming from that will be interesting.

Slow Joe is just too incompetent, which means the GOP is super incompetent given how much they're losing to him and his party probably cause the GOP seems more comfortable fighting rainbow flags and a cartoon mouse than actually trying to make the US a better place. As is tradition.

Be interesting to see if this one gets any traction....

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20231026/p2a/00m/0na/003000c

Former U.S. President Donald Trump received some $2.5 million from the Universal Peace Federation (UPF), a Unification Church affiliated group, to make video appearances on three occasions between 2021 and 2022, while former Vice President Mike Pence was paid $550,000 for speaking at a UPF event, the Mainichi Shimbun has confirmed by acquiring U.S. official records and checking them with court documents in Japan.

The association with a massive cult might be problematic for El Cheeto.

Doubtful. Easy to argue that MAGA is a cult itself. Nothing is denting what his followers believe.
I was also thinking their history of political interference in various countries might also create an issue, as well as their perceived involvement in the assassination of Abe.

Reactions: just4fun and Alice
Word came down again from my RNC pals in DC, there's just one Hail Mary play left to get rid of him and that's still an expedited felony conviction which would bar him from holding office ever again. Naturally, he's going to appeal it and it'll drag on for years, but while that conviction stands, individual state Attorneys General will be able to legally remove him from the ballot and appeals or no appeals, he won't be able to overturn anything before the elections are long over.

Anyhow, I said it before and it apparently still stands, Nikki Haley is the "it girl" for the RNC, and she's doing reasonably well right now and gaining traction. Desantis is steadily declining and he's not helping himself by going full-blown MAGA retard, and that obnoxious dot-com idiot successfully torpedoed his campaign by being such an obnoxious jackass. Personally, I like Haley enough to vote for her. And imagine how those from the "progressive" left will absolutely lose their shit when the first female POTUS is a REPUBLICAN Sikh Indian.

What I really find interesting, however, is that there are finally some Democrats with balls enough to come out and primary Joe Biden. It's a sad state of affairs when it's considered groundbreaking that a young guy challenges an ailing, demented old man who hasn't been fit for office in over a decade. Also interesting will be how many votes that anti-vax nutjob Kennedy can steal, and from which side of the aisle.

But for me, I'm in the business of public charity now, and I'll need a whole lot of charity to pay for my lifestyle. To that end, FOUR MORE YEARS! DOWN WITH THE GOP! Keep that Monopoly money printing and the gravy train rolling.

Reactions: AMcguyver and Alice
and that obnoxious dot-com idiot
You mean Mr. Vivek whoever? He was “in” for like a week but then just fizzled out?

And imagine how those from the "progressive" left will absolutely lose their shit when the first female POTUS is a REPUBLICAN Sikh Indian.
She was down with the Trump back when she was in the UN, so I imagine they’re just gonna focus on that

Be interesting to see if this one gets any traction....

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20231026/p2a/00m/0na/003000c

The association with a massive cult might be problematic for El Cheeto.
This isn't really news though, no? His ties with the church have been known and publicized since Abe died, not to mention no one in the U.S. cares about the Moonies.
Word came down again from my RNC pals in DC, there's just one Hail Mary play left to get rid of him and that's still an expedited felony conviction which would bar him from holding office ever again. Naturally, he's going to appeal it and it'll drag on for years, but while that conviction stands, individual state Attorneys General will be able to legally remove him from the ballot and appeals or no appeals, he won't be able to overturn anything before the elections are long over.
This just seems like an all around terrible idea. No better way to convince his followers that the system is actively rigged against him and that the people in power want him to lose, regardless of whether he's actually guilty or not.

This isn't really news though, no? His ties with the church have been known and publicized since Abe died, not to mention no one in the U.S. cares about the Moonies.

This just seems like an all around terrible idea. No better way to convince his followers that the system is actively rigged against him and that the people in power want him to lose, regardless of whether he's actually guilty or not.

Honestly, I'm just fine with all of his remaining followers getting sore, taking their ball and just staying home on election day. With all of those Jan 6th idiots now getting serious prison terms I'm going to assume what's left of the MAGA resistance will be far too chickenshit to go grab a red banner and break stuff. Sure, they'll howl on social media and call for a revolution but at the end of the day, if it comes down to going out and spray-painting a government building and then doing five years in federal lockup, or just staying home, drinking Pabst and watching the Alex Jones podcast, those assholes will pussy out and stay home.

I also think that if Joe Biden ends up being the Dem nominee, and chances are he will be (if he's still able to walk and talk, and then maybe even if he's not) and if the GOP can formally remove Trump from the electoral process, AND THEN if Nikki Haley can clinch the GOP nomination and picks someone like, say, Tim Scott, to be her running mate, dare I say quite a number of independents and even Democrats may switch sides and vote Republican in the Aug primary. For a whole lot, the prospect of finally electing the first female POTUS will be too much to pass up on, regardless of party. And an all minority ticket?? The left will be losing its shit. And then anyone with common sense understands that it's fundamentally dangerous to have a "president" who could drop dead at any second and, while still here with us, doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing for most of the day and needs Secret Service acting as his nursemaids.

But again, it goes against my self-interest to elect any leader or any party that values fiscal responsibility and lower government spending. No no, I say, spend away! Appropriations are patriotic, the bigger the more patriotic!! Let's raise taxes on those greedy corporations to fund human interest projects, tax tax tax!! Inflation? What's inflation? FOUR MORE YEARS!!