U.S. 2024 Presidential Election Season kicking off...so who are you betting on??

That should be a nothing story or something that'd embarrass the Republican candidate that won. Instead, Diaper Don is ranting about it cause he just can't fucking take the idea of losing to a woman.

On the bright side, the Supreme Court issued a very weird ruling that was 9-0 which should mean it's settled law but with all four women on the court issuing statements that were sort of dissents on aspects technically outside the scope of the ruling.
It was clear from the get-go what with most of the judges appointed by Trump.

Ok the dissenting judges, a way to clear their conscience?

Well according to Trump’s own lawyers he could safely ask Seal Team 6 (why the 6 by the way? It’s the Sardaukars of US presidents?) to kill Trump himself. Which would make this contest way more Game of Throne-ish than the current circus
We need a Muad-dib

It was clear from the get-go what with most of the judges appointed by Trump.

Ok the dissenting judges, a way to clear their conscience?
No, I think they all agree that the 14th amendment was a limitation, not expansion, of state powers over the federal. It's the reason states can't limit free speech even though the limitation was originally on Congress in the 1st amendment for example. Here they all agree 9-0 that it's in the federal playground that restrictions to federal office get decided. That was sort of clear when during arguments they kept asking about a single state deciding the national election. States can decide state insurrectionists (violation of state oaths), but it's the federal system that decides if a person is a federal insurrectionist (and Congress can clear a person caught up in that with a 2/3rds vote) if I'm reading it correct.

What the dissenting justices say is that the power to resolve issues of insurrection lies ONLY in the Congress basically removing executive and legislative decision which they argue went beyond what they should have ruled. Basically the opposite of the stance the court majority took on Dobbs.

What surprised me is the SC basically saying the states DO NOT have full control over elections. Personally think that federal elections should have federal oversight so that every voter and every vote is treated the same. If the SC rules that states can't have full control over names on the federal ballot it's not a crazy thought that states should be limited on taking away the right to vote (barring ex-felons right to vote in federal elections for example).

Reactions: maikeru
So I'm late to this thread and probably won't follow up often, but I'll offer my 2 cents since I often have to advise on this shit to many companies and so I have to take a more pragmatic look at the situation regardless of my personal views.

Overall it looks highly highly likely Biden will win. But pretty much no one will be happy about it. Left and right will both be pissed for entirely different things. Trump has majority republican support, but not enough centrist support, and certainly not enough support from business concerned people.
We will likely see a fracture in the republican party as it reassembles itself in the post trump era. It's possibly in the 5 year outlook to imagine a reimagined rebulicsm party that keeps elements that proved successful, mainly popularism and protectionism. This could have them rebound in the next midterms to create a majority in one or both of the legislatures.
A Biden second office would likely continue many of the policies that were initialized under trump that proved popular and then codified under his own admin. The biggest one being an economic withdrawal from global trade into nearshoring aka friend shoring. America's economic outlook for the 10-20 year projection is really good regardless of the short term politics.

Supreme Court unanimously rules to keep Trump on Colorado ballot

OH, whelps...even the liberal justices followed the rule of law. Looks like this Keihan prediction is about to pan out.
Jesus fucking Christ! How fucking stupid are you? You didn't know this was going to happen? It's just more stalling. You're so fucking stupid most of the time! I was this....I was that.....I bet you smuggle grilled cheese sandwiches into a 5 star restaurant.

Reactions: zerosupblues
No more NK launching missiles across Japan
Except for 2017/2/11, 2017/3/6, 2017/4/4, 2017/5/13, 2017/5/21, 2017/5/29, 2017/6/8, 2017/7/4, 2017/7/28, 2017/8/29, 2017/9/15, 2017/11/28, 2019/8/24, 2019/10/2, and 2019/10/31, yeah NK didn't launch missiles across Japan during Nepo Baby's term when he also said that a country of samurai warriors should've been able to shot it down and that NK is Japan's problem, not theirs

And also, congrats to Nimrata for winning her second primary in Vermont. The nomination is definitely hers now

Not breaking news or even a surprise, but Nikki Haley has dropped out.

My personal observation is that she ran a shitty campaign and I didn't, at all, agree with her approach to campaigning almost solely on the "I HATE TRUMP" platform (which is, incidentally, what ruined Liz Cheney's chances of launching a campaign). I also didn't agree with her campaign going dark for hours when it was obvious she'd lost. I've been on the losing end of major campaigns, standing next to the candidate in the situation room with the phone in my hand, and it's imperative that you call the opponent to concede ASAP and issue a conciliatory statement and olive branch to the media before people have lost interest and certainly before the on-air news cycle is over. She may have significantly damaged her chances of being the GOP nominee in 2028. Likewise, I think it's insanely stupid of Trump to continue on his usual path of mocking and belittling his opponents, even after they've dropped out. Haley attracted a massive number of moderates and college-educated swing voters--precisely the people Trump doesn't attract--and for him to announce that any former Haley supporter is not welcome in his new MAGA movement is just fucking idiotic.

Biden's handlers (not Biden, of course) issued a very intelligent message today welcoming all Haley's former voters to his movement. Good work on the part of his comms team.

I think Trump still has a very good chance of being re-elected, but not if he insists on campaigning like a petulant child. If his people can restrain him, or if he can manage to restrain himself and run a respectful campaign, he will easily beat Joe Biden. The majority of American political moderates, swing-voters and basically anyone with a three-digit IQ who isn't chugging the "DEI" commie Kool-Aid and doesn't enjoy this current invasion of illegal immigrants, drugs, potential terrorists and known criminals knows a second Biden term will irreparably harm the country and wants an alternative, as unpalatable as that alternative may be.

Of course, certain people suffering from TDS will howl and hurl insults at such a prediction, but exactly eight months from today we'll have our answer.

Not breaking news or even a surprise, but Nikki Haley has dropped out.

My personal observation is that she ran a shitty campaign and I didn't, at all, agree with her approach to campaigning almost solely on the "I HATE TRUMP" platform (which is, incidentally, what ruined Liz Cheney's chances of launching a campaign). I also didn't agree with her campaign going dark for hours when it was obvious she'd lost. I've been on the losing end of major campaigns, standing next to the candidate in the situation room with the phone in my hand, and it's imperative that you call the opponent to concede ASAP and issue a conciliatory statement and olive branch to the media before people have lost interest and certainly before the on-air news cycle is over. She may have significantly damaged her chances of being the GOP nominee in 2028. Likewise, I think it's insanely stupid of Trump to continue on his usual path of mocking and belittling his opponents, even after they've dropped out. Haley attracted a massive number of moderates and college-educated swing voters--precisely the people Trump doesn't attract--and for him to announce that any former Haley supporter is not welcome in his new MAGA movement is just fucking idiotic.

Biden's handlers (not Biden, of course) issued a very intelligent message today welcoming all Haley's former voters to his movement. Good work on the part of his comms team.

I think Trump still has a very good chance of being re-elected, but not if he insists on campaigning like a petulant child. If his people can restrain him, or if he can manage to restrain himself and run a respectful campaign, he will easily beat Joe Biden. The majority of American political moderates, swing-voters and basically anyone with a three-digit IQ who isn't chugging the "DEI" commie Kool-Aid and doesn't enjoy this current invasion of illegal immigrants, drugs, potential terrorists and known criminals knows a second Biden term will irreparably harm the country and wants an alternative, as unpalatable as that alternative may be.

Of course, certain people suffering from TDS will howl and hurl insults at such a prediction, but exactly eight months from today we'll have our answer.
My definition of TDS: still vouching for this guy after Jan6 , all his indictments, and pretty much everything he said/did. Some day history books will try to explain the collective hallucination, but yeah meanwhile those who suffer from TDS are those who can’t stand him…. Of course…. 😂

The majority of American political moderates, swing-voters and basically anyone with a three-digit IQ who isn't chugging the "DEI" commie Kool-Aid and doesn't enjoy this current invasion of illegal immigrants, drugs, potential terrorists and known criminals knows a second Biden term will irreparably harm the country and wants an alternative, as unpalatable as that alternative may be.

this current invasion of illegal immigrants, drugs, potential terrorists and known criminals
Find another lie, Keihan.

That was already put paid earlier in this thread - increased enforcement action does not equate to increased border crossings, though it does equate to higher visibility.

The illegal numbers are not rising under Biden, though Republican blocking of the bills (in hopes that they can be passed by a Republican after the handover) that would help them to fall is rather telling.

For the final time, we can say "RIP Nikki and shout out to her presidential campaign!" Cue David Guetta and his bombastic DJ-ing with eulogy to George Floyd in the background.

In eight months, RFK will somehow win the presidency with Sanders as his vice president, the Libertarians will take over the Senate and the Greens will control the house because 2024 is the Year of Chaos™

Then after the final civil war, Canada and Mexico will send peacekeeping forces to occupy the US until a new constitution can be enacted.

No need to worry about the Southern border if you don't have a border

Then after the final civil war, Canada and Mexico will send peacekeeping forces to occupy the US until a new constitution can be enacted.
We'll just bring a lot of our fine bud down, and everyone will mellow out. Some Kootenay Thunderfuck will settle things nicely.

We'll just bring a lot of our fine bud down, and everyone will mellow out. Some Kootenay Thunderfuck will settle things nicely.
Sudsy on his stallion, about to settle things nicely with those unruly neighbors in the south…

IMG_4509.jpeg

The illegal numbers are not rising under Biden, though Republican blocking of the bills (in hopes that they can be passed by a Republican after the handover) that would help them to fall is rather telling.

I truly hope you aren't stupid enough to believe what you wrote. I mean that. But why take my word for it? Can't beat the recent statistics from Biden's own, Biden-controlled Department of Homeland Security:

BIDENIMMIGRATION.jpg

And yes, this is a chart published by the Democrat-leaning Washington Post, based solely on this year's DHS stats, as of October 2023. DHS has reported to Congress that under the Biden Admin, nearly 9-million illegals have crossed into America, tripling the number under Trump. And THAT IS FACT.

But even in some MSNBC-esque twilight zone alternate dimension where there AREN'T constant caravans of tens of thousands of illegals marching toward the Mexican border, AREN'T tens of thousands of illegals flooding the streets and sidewalks of virtually every blue Sanctuary City in America (go ask your friends, any friends, who live in downtown Chicago, NYC, etc.) and AREN'T Americans being victimized and even murdered by recent arrival illegals WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS who were released into the population, it really doesn't matter. Why?

Because the majority of Americans now view illegal immigration as the most pressing issue in our country. FACT. The majority of Americans blame Biden for it. FACT. And the majority of Americans are about to vote. And the best part, there's not a single thing any of you (non-Americans) can do about it. But again, humoring TDS delusions is an exercise in futility. We'll know who was right in eight short months.

BTW, Trump just offered to debate Biden "anywhere, any time" earlier today--his press secretary dodged the question, saying it's a campaign issue and she can't speak on it, and his campaign team pivoted with a statement on an entirely different topic. It's not looking too good for those with such extreme TDS that they actually want a clinically-demented old man to be Leader of the Free World for another four years.

I truly hope you aren't stupid enough to believe what you wrote. I mean that. But why take my word for it? Can't beat the recent statistics from Biden's own, Biden-controlled Department of Homeland Security:

View attachment 24279
And yes, this is a chart published by the Democrat-leaning Washington Post, based solely on this year's DHS stats, as of October 2023. DHS has reported to Congress that under the Biden Admin, nearly 9-million illegals have crossed into America, tripling the number under Trump. And THAT IS FACT.

But even in some MSNBC-esque twilight zone alternate dimension where there AREN'T constant caravans of tens of thousands of illegals marching toward the Mexican border, AREN'T tens of thousands of illegals flooding the streets and sidewalks of virtually every blue Sanctuary City in America (go ask your friends, any friends, who live in downtown Chicago, NYC, etc.) and AREN'T Americans being victimized and even murdered by recent arrival illegals WITH CRIMINAL RECORDS who were released into the population, it really doesn't matter. Why?

Because the majority of Americans now view illegal immigration as the most pressing issue in our country. FACT. The majority of Americans blame Biden for it. FACT. And the majority of Americans are about to vote. And the best part, there's not a single thing any of you (non-Americans) can do about it. But again, humoring TDS delusions is an exercise in futility. We'll know who was right in eight short months.

BTW, Trump just offered to debate Biden "anywhere, any time" earlier today--his press secretary dodged the question, saying it's a campaign issue and she can't speak on it, and his campaign team pivoted with a statement on an entirely different topic. It's not looking too good for those with such extreme TDS that they actually want a clinically-demented old man to be Leader of the Free World for another four years.
Just more bullshit spewing from ur mouth. Jesus fuckin Christ.
Fuck Chicago. I'm from NYC and we don't give a rats ass about the wall. So go fuck urself with that shit.

Just more bullshit......clowns like you make me wanna go buy a gun. Fuck your 8 short months.....

Fuck tRUMP and his debate......he wouldn't debate his own party. He can go fuck himself.....I'll debate him.....see how he likes what I've got to say hahahaha While I bend your daughter over a chair....

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabanico
Fuck Chicago. I'm from NYC and we don't give a rats ass about the wall. So go fuck urself with that shit.

Just more bullshit......clowns like you make me wanna go buy a gun. Fuck your 8 short months.....

Fuck tRUMP and his debate......he wouldn't debate his own party. He can go fuck himself.....I'll debate him.....see how he likes what I've got to say hahahaha While I bend his daughter over a chair....

Well, that was certainly a constructive, lucid and thoughtful response. Can I assume you were a member of the debate team during your collegiate years, of course also assuming you attended what must've been a prestigious and demanding institution of higher learning?

See, kids? This is what happens when you do too much drugs as a teenager, and probably well past that. Nancy Reagan had it right: JUST SAY NO.

I think what I wrote was taken the wrong way:

The numbers aren't rising "under Biden", though, Republican blocking of the bills (in hopes that they can be passed by a Republican after the handover) that would help them to fall is rather telling.

The Republicans have been stonewalling every initiative that is proposed to tackle this issue.

Fuck tRUMP and his debate......he wouldn't debate his own party. He can go fuck himself.....I'll debate him.....see how he likes what I've got to say hahahaha While I bend his daughter over a chair....

On a more serious note, after you sober up you might want to beg the admins to erase what you've just written (and what I've quoted, twice :):):)). Perhaps you aren't familiar with Secret Service protocols but I am. Simultaneously ranting about purchasing a firearm and also raping the daughter of a former POTUS and current candidate for POTUS is how you end up with men in suits showing up at your doorstep, even if you're currently residing in Japan. We have 1811 (Special Agent) State Department assets assigned to all U.S. Embassies who can be dispatched very quickly for issues like this.

• Haha
Reactions: Tabanico
I think what I wrote was taken the wrong way:

The numbers aren't rising "under Biden", though....

I'll give you credit, you certainly dig in your heels. Some might view that as a positive attribute.