U.S. 2024 Presidential Election Season kicking off...so who are you betting on??

Oh no! Now who's going to pay to support all those down ballot elections? Barron Trump is a renowned computer expert, but as the only talented family member even he's lacking on running the ground game for senate, house, and local elections. Donald Trump is at least going to have his legal bills paid along with all extra funds used in the forthcoming Big Lie lawsuits contesting every election he loses.
Well don’t forget all the golden snickers and digital cards and MAGA hats. All those people whining about high prices and “we cannot buy even our food “ etc are nevertheless big fans of those prized items 😄

For those of you watching from a distance who happen to be interested, be thankful that you're able to watch what's going to happen from a distance.

The NY trial is going to be a disaster. Keep in mind, the U.S. Dept of Justice declined to pursue these charges because they deemed them worthless. That, along with the obviously partisan motivations for the AG's silly trial, is doing nothing but riling up the double-digit IQ MAGA crowd and they're getting more violent by the day. And of course, DJT is relishing every single second of publicity this bullshit is generating, spewing his nonsense on the court steps to every network station in the world.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden is actually, finally, not allowed to appear in public without his "notebook." Watch any interview he's allowed to give. He's reading, shakily with his hands quivering, directly from a little notebook that his staff prepares for him to answer pre-arranged questions from the media because even when his admin is given the questions in advance he can't remember the answers and can't be restrained to practice them, anymore. It's beyond political and very, very sad.

David Axlerod, Obama's closest political advisor and right hand, is now publicly denouncing Joe Biden and suggesting this is over. Axlerod is widely viewed as one of the most successful political operatives in history and is largely responsible for Obama's 2008 and 2012 presidential wins. If you'll believe most conventional polling, Trump is making historical gains among black and Hispanic voters. The issue of illegal immigration and inflation is absolutely decimating Biden's approval ratings, particularly among minorities. A large segment of anti-Trump establishment GOP operatives (meaning my friends at the RNC) are holding out hope that the anti-Trump faction of GOP voters (meaning every single one of Nikki Haley's voters) will vote for Biden in protest, but I really don't see that happening.

And then political insiders and players across the spectrum, mainly on the Democratic side, are now privately directing staff and strategists to begin preparing for a Trump victory in November. That includes staffers in the Capitol and at the DNC, who are scrambling to figure out how to pull together a convention and then, on top of that mess, allow Joe Biden to participate in a televised debate.

I'm officially out of this and I actually don't care, anymore. I just hope DJT will be so busy in the first few months of his second term on a frenzied revenge tour that he won't have time to fuck up all the Biden tax credits, as I'm set to get a solid five-figure tax return next March and there's a watch in Nakano Broadway with my name on it. I've given up hope that the establishment GOP could build a true, nationwide coalition to stop Trump and joining the fight (been there, done that) so, yeah....whatever. I'm due back in Tokyo in March 2025 so maybe around that time we'll see that predicted 160 JPY to 1 USD. That would be fucking sweet.

Donnie boy for the first time in his life is being forced to sit down and shut up to 8 hours a day, four days a week, for up to four weeks. I give it a week of listening to people discuss his sex life and criminal activity, and he'll actually be held in contempt of court from acting out during court (not the outside court antics that'll likely just draw fines and no real jail time) and forced to be confined to the courtroom jail during proceedings. Unless a miracle happens, he'll be found guilty. Doubt they'll actually throw him in jail, but given his CFO went to jail twice it's possible.

Plus, he's seriously fucking the Republican elections this year both by riling up people to vote against him and down ballot, but also by sucking up all those campaign dollars to pay his legal bills (and slush fund). It's likely going to be brutal for Republicans this November and it's all a self-own. They seriously could have ran circles around Biden, and instead they've got one foot nailed to the floor. Hopefully they don't fully fuck up and give Democrats the House this summer, cause that'll really invigorate Democrat voters even if no bills get passed.

Beyond that, let's see if Donnie's next trial in down in Georgia starts this summer. Not holding my breath for the DC trial to happen before the election, but it's possible even given the Supreme Court slow rolling their "former presidential immunity" arguments and decision.

David Axlerod, Obama's closest political advisor and right hand, is now publicly denouncing Joe Biden and suggesting this is over. Axlerod is widely viewed as one of the most successful political operatives in history and is largely responsible for Obama's 2008 and 2012 presidential wins.
I've watched Cars 2 way too many times against my own will; I wouldn't trust a word Axlerod says

On a barely more serious note though, is an end to the Israel-Hamas war going to help Biden? He's bleeding the Dearborn-esque voters the longer it lasts

The NY trial is going to be a disaster.
It's going to be a disaster, mainly because Trump and his pets are already trying to dox jurors and threaten them. We've already had 1 juror ask to be released because a national talking head on Fox spent an entire show trying to expose her name, job, and neighborhood of residence to the millions of rabid Trump supporters.
Keep in mind, the U.S. Dept of Justice declined to pursue these charges because they deemed them worthless.
No they didn't lol. They indicted and convicted Cohen for his part, and even said in their findings that he did it at the direction of and for the benefit of Trump. In other words, the DoJ concluded that Cohen committed a crime at the direction of Trump, but then never said why they didn't go further. The most likely reason is Bill Barr. He spent most of his term trying to stop any investigation of Republicans, and politicizing the DoJ.

Not gonna address the rest of your political analysis because it's very clearly biased, and just a repeat of anti-Dem talking points with no real basis in reality.

I'm officially out of this and I actually don't care, anymore. I just hope DJT will be so busy in the first few months of his second term on a frenzied revenge tour that he won't have time to fuck up all the Biden tax credits, as I'm set to get a solid five-figure tax return next March and there's a watch in Nakano Broadway with my name on it. I've given up hope that the establishment GOP could build a true, nationwide coalition to stop Trump and joining the fight
I find it hilarious that you seem to hate Dems, but love what they do for you, and that you seem disillusioned by recent GOP actions, when the GOP has made clear that they are the party of Trump for the last 8 years. There is no establishment GOP. It's just the Trump GOP. The GOP is 100% MAGA now. Trump holds the GOP coffers, and every Republican who dares speak out is attacked until they resign. You seem to be just like them, that you are conservative, but don't like where conservative policies and actions have taken this country or the party.

Plus, he's seriously fucking the Republican elections this year both by riling up people to vote against him and down ballot, but also by sucking up all those campaign dollars to pay his legal bills (and slush fund). It's likely going to be brutal for Republicans this November and it's all a self-own. They seriously could have ran circles around Biden, and instead they've got one foot nailed to the floor. Hopefully they don't fully fuck up and give Democrats the House this summer, cause that'll really invigorate Democrat voters even if no bills get passed.
This is seriously the biggest element of this election cycle. 2020 and 2022 showed Trumpism is a losing proposition on the national stage, and yet the GOP doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on it. Even some of the most hardcore conservatives I know are looking at the dysfunction of the Republican House and wondering where all their time is being spent. The Congressional GOP voting down the border bill (after Trump openly ordered them to vote against it because it would help Biden) actually converted a couple of conservatives I know against the GOP for this election. They're not going to vote for Biden, mind, because reasons, but they are sitting out this year, and that's a win for Dems.

The GOP has managed a self-own of epic proportions, indeed. They courted the crazies, and now have lost control of them. The inmates are running the asylum, and hold the pursestrings. Trump cares nothing about down-ballot races, or how the GOP money might be used to help them. He cares only about himself, and how he can extract maximum value from the GOP.

Reactions: Frenchy
This is seriously the biggest element of this election cycle. 2020 and 2022 showed Trumpism is a losing proposition on the national stage, and yet the GOP doubled, tripled, and quadrupled down on it. Even some of the most hardcore conservatives I know are looking at the dysfunction of the Republican House and wondering where all their time is being spent. The Congressional GOP voting down the border bill (after Trump openly ordered them to vote against it because it would help Biden) actually converted a couple of conservatives I know against the GOP for this election. They're not going to vote for Biden, mind, because reasons, but they are sitting out this year, and that's a win for Dems.

The GOP has managed a self-own of epic proportions, indeed. They courted the crazies, and now have lost control of them. The inmates are running the asylum, and hold the pursestrings. Trump cares nothing about down-ballot races, or how the GOP money might be used to help them. He cares only about himself, and how he can extract maximum value from the GOP.
The US is self-destructing and losing how it is seen by the world as a leader. It will take a long time to recover from that, if ever.

Next test in the eyes of the world:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...show-in-congress-could-doom-more-than-ukraine

The US is self-destructing and losing how it is seen by the world as a leader. It will take a long time to recover from that, if ever.
Yeah I don't disagree at all with that. We're self-destructing because one half of the country wants a fascist Christian government, and the other half is too squeamish to do the needful to actually combat the clowns who want to make our government ineffective and install a dictator.
I don't think we'll find out if we passed or failed until November, and if we fail the country is basically dead as a democracy.

I find it hilarious that you seem to hate Dems, but love what they do for you, and that you seem disillusioned by recent GOP actions, when the GOP has made clear that they are the party of Trump for the last 8 years. There is no establishment GOP. It's just the Trump GOP. The GOP is 100% MAGA now. Trump holds the GOP coffers, and every Republican who dares speak out is attacked until they resign. You seem to be just like them, that you are conservative, but don't like where conservative policies and actions have taken this country or the party.

When did I ever claim to hate Democrats? I often find them silly and misguided, but I'm generally in agreement with most of the moderate Democrats in Congress (like the Blue Dogs). They have their own extremist wings, like those fucking retards in "The Squad," but so does the other side. It may surprise you but I've operated on and volunteered on multiple Democrat gubernatorial, Congressional and a couple of municipal campaigns. The first time I ever voted was for a Democrat.

I'm not "disillusioned" with the GOP. I left the fucking GOP six years ago, because the GOP leadership refused to deal with Trump and instead threw-in with him and his idiotic inner-circle and idiotic "movement" out of perceived political convenience. But you're wrong if you think there is no longer an establishment GOP. It's people like me, and my closest friends who I've operated with for over a decade, who now hide in the shadows or have gone into actual hiding. It's basically everyone behind the scenes that operated on Nikki Haley's campaign. That one obviously didn't pan out, but we're still here.

Trump and his friends effectively destroyed the national GOP in 2020, and guys like me and my friends rejoiced, confident that this was the end of Trump, his MAGA bullshit and his grip on the party. We ASSumed he would go away, all of us could come back out of hiding and rebuild with a normal, moderate, centrist candidate (Nikki Haley was the RNC preference from Day One). We obviously screwed the fucking pooch on that one because somehow, someway, as he always seems to be able to do, DJT comes roaring back and somehow ends up front-and-center and once again the king of the news cycle. From insurrectionist to likely GOP presidential nominee. Who could've imagined that?

The ironic thing is that all of my old RNC pals (the "establishment" guys) that I still talk to are voting for Biden (his dementia notwithstanding, they just hate The Donald), but a whole big bunch of guys I talk to who are not particularly educated, not political at all and who passionately hated Trump eight years ago tell me they're voting for him this time. Reason why? These are blue-collar guys and Biden is fucking their wallets...and they aren't very fond of the 10-million illegals and counting. I guess it's a different perspective when you live paycheck-to-paycheck and gas prices keep going up and up and up.

The thing some of you folks seem to not recognize about me is I'm not an idealogue, not at all. I'm a shameless opportunist, nothing more. At the end of the day, I'm a very talented bullshit artist and I can effortlessly parrot bullshit from either side of the aisle if it serves a purpose, and that sole purpose is benefiting myself. That made me very useful in campaign politics for many years. My only true positions: stay away from my property, my money and my guns. You wanna let 7yo boys chop off their balls, wear dresses to school, piss in the girl's restroom, marry 50yo men and smoke weed? Don't care. You want federal funding going to universities where the deans and presidents endorse student groups calling for the extermination of Jews/Blacks/Asians/Muslims/Martians? Also, don't care. You wanna tear down the border walls and direct federal law enforcement assets to instead serve as tour guides and humanitarian assistants to welcome millions upon millions of unvetted illegals into the country? Still, don't particularly care. After all, I'm comfortably in Honolulu, HI and even the Venezuelan Olympic Swim Team can't swim this far. But you wanna raise my capital gains and income taxes to pay for any of this shit, and then strip me of my carry rights, property rights, Castle Doctrine rights and stand-your-ground rights so that when one of these illegals breaks into my fucking house I can't shoot him without going to prison for the rest of my life? Then we have a problem and I get involved politically.

See? I'm very simple. Clint Eastwood, once the mayor of his town in California, when asked about his personal philosophy, had the greatest summary of a political position ever: "Everyone leaves everyone else the fuck alone."

When did I ever claim to hate Democrats?
Because you keep repeating right-wing talking points like:
Biden (his dementia notwithstanding
and
You wanna let 7yo boys chop off their balls, wear dresses to school, piss in the girl's restroom, marry 50yo men and smoke weed?
and
You wanna tear down the border walls and direct federal law enforcement assets to instead serve as tour guides and humanitarian assistants to welcome millions upon millions of unvetted illegals into the country?

For someone supposedly politically agnostic, you sure do like to repeat a lot of rightwing talking points in your discourse, and give a LOT of grace to Republicans while ignoring their own public statements. If Republicans really cared about "millions upon millions of unvetted illegals", they would have voted for the border bill a month or so back, but they didn't, because Trump told them not to because it would make Biden look good. So yeah, when you repeat shit that doesn't happen (no 7yo is "chopping off their balls") straight from the right-wing fearmongering propaganda, you can pretend you are nonpartisan all you want, but the words you show that to be a lie. Not to mention, it's the Republicans trying to make sure children can marry 50yo men, not Dems. They've shot down numerous bans on child marriage in the last few years alone.

These are blue-collar guys and Biden is fucking their wallets...and they aren't very fond of the 10-million illegals and counting.
Too bad they're too dim to realize Trump is the one fucking with their wallets. Biden hasn't signed a tax increase in his term. What they're seeing is the Trump tax cuts expiring for lower and middle class people, just like everyone said they would, and just like was predicted, people like you can't seem to remember that this was baked into the Trump tax "cut" bill. On top of that, the lion's share of "inflation" is due to corporate greed. If your blue collar guys really cared about their wallets, they'd be crying to high heaven about record profits in pretty much every sector as prices keep going up. The companies just pretend it's all inflation's fault, while they report to their shareholders that they're making insane profits. Something like 52% of the inflation in the US is due to corporate greed. Without that, inflation in the US would be back to pre-COVID levels, but because people got used to paying more during COVID, corps realized they could just keep raising prices and keep celebrating record-high stock prices.

"Everyone leaves everyone else the fuck alone."
lol. If only it were that simple. Unfortunately, human history has shown that this has never worked, ever, so we need a system of government that is meant to protect people from others, to ensure society actually continues, despite the best efforts of some.

• Love
Reactions: just4fun
For someone supposedly politically agnostic, you sure do like to repeat a lot of rightwing talking points in your discourse, and give a LOT of grace to Republicans while ignoring their own public statements.
Since when did I ever claim NOT to be "rightwing"? I'm a center-right former GOP political operative, which I've been pretty candid about in the five years I've been around here. Kind of a DUH sorta thing to whine about. Not unlike accusing a gay guy of enjoying sucking dick. And I'm not repeating "talking points." I'm stating my opinions. I spout talking points when I'm getting paid to spout talking points. I'm not getting paid right now.

So yeah, when you repeat shit that doesn't happen (no 7yo is "chopping off their balls") straight from the right-wing fearmongering propaganda...

If you're in Japan then maybe that's an excuse for not knowing this, or perhaps my "chopping off their balls" line just triggered you because you're easily triggered on this subject for whatever reason, but stateside it's like, ummm...common fucking knowledge that for over a decade there has been an extremely motivated political movement within the American medical industry advocating for allowing pre-pubescent/adolescent children to chemically and/or surgically change their gender and it happens every single day. Again, if you're not stateside then you don't see the regular human interest pieces on the evening news featuring families that "proudly" have some elementary-age son/daughter who has "transitioned" and they're feeding him/her/whatever drugs to put off puberty or fuck with their hormones. I mean, you could've just done a Google search and found links from reputable news sources like...

CBS: Sex-change treatment for kids on the rise

REUTERS: As more transgender children seek medical care, families confront many unknowns

REUTERS: Putting numbers on the rise in children seeking gender care

REUTERS: Number of transgender children seeking treatment surges in U.S.

AP: Trans kids' treatment can start younger, new guidelines say

But again, I have no skin in this game, literally. As I said, if parents want to fuck up their kids for life then that's on them. That's all fine by me. You do whatever you want to your kids and I, especially since I'm no longer working in public education, could seriously not give less of a shit. But the second my tax dollars are used to pay for that nonsense, or the surgeries, or the chemicals, or the rehabilitation, or the counseling or any sort of treatment for the numerous other long-term negative effects of subjecting children to that sort of reprehensible sick shit, then I give a shit and then I just may have to get involved again politically. Like I said, I'm very much a libertarian. You do whatever you want, so long as it doesn't affect me, my property or my rights.

I will say this, however. As much as I fucking hate DJT, I must admit that watching guys like you and a number of others here (and the media and every mainstream journalist in America and the late night talk show hosts and the morning talk show hosts and the social media influencers and on and on and on) and everyone else with just severe, uncontrollable TDS have apoplectic nuclear fucking meltdowns on 11/5/2024 is going to be insanely entertaining. I humbly ask that you come to this thread to post your enraged, incoherent rants. I'll need something hilarious to read since a whole lot of my friends in D.C. will be getting fired and I'll inevitably end up having to spend hours upon hours, calling up old colleagues and pals to see about open job positions.

• Haha
Reactions: zerosupblues
Since when did I ever claim NOT to be "rightwing"? I'm a center-right former GOP political operative, which I've been pretty candid about in the five years I've been around here. Kind of a DUH sorta thing to whine about. Not unlike accusing a gay guy of enjoying sucking dick. And I'm not repeating "talking points." I'm stating my opinions. I spout talking points when I'm getting paid to spout talking points. I'm not getting paid right now.

If you're in Japan then maybe that's an excuse for not knowing this, or perhaps my "chopping off their balls" line just triggered you because you're easily triggered on this subject for whatever reason, but stateside it's like, ummm...common fucking knowledge that for over a decade there has been an extremely motivated political movement within the American medical industry advocating for allowing pre-pubescent/adolescent children to chemically and/or surgically change their gender and it happens every single day. Again, if you're not stateside then you don't see the regular human interest pieces on the evening news featuring families that "proudly" have some elementary-age son/daughter who has "transitioned" and they're feeding him/her/whatever drugs to put off puberty or fuck with their hormones. I mean, you could've just done a Google search and found links from reputable news sources like...

CBS: Sex-change treatment for kids on the rise

REUTERS: As more transgender children seek medical care, families confront many unknowns

REUTERS: Putting numbers on the rise in children seeking gender care

REUTERS: Number of transgender children seeking treatment surges in U.S.

AP: Trans kids' treatment can start younger, new guidelines say

But again, I have no skin in this game, literally. As I said, if parents want to fuck up their kids for life then that's on them. That's all fine by me. You do whatever you want to your kids and I, especially since I'm no longer working in public education, could seriously not give less of a shit. But the second my tax dollars are used to pay for that nonsense, or the surgeries, or the chemicals, or the rehabilitation, or the counseling or any sort of treatment for the numerous other long-term negative effects of subjecting children to that sort of reprehensible sick shit, then I give a shit and then I just may have to get involved again politically. Like I said, I'm very much a libertarian. You do whatever you want, so long as it doesn't affect me, my property or my rights.

I will say this, however. As much as I fucking hate DJT, I must admit that watching guys like you and a number of others here (and the media and every mainstream journalist in America and the late night talk show hosts and the morning talk show hosts and the social media influencers and on and on and on) and everyone else with just severe, uncontrollable TDS have apoplectic nuclear fucking meltdowns on 11/5/2024 is going to be insanely entertaining. I humbly ask that you come to this thread to post your enraged, incoherent rants. I'll need something hilarious to read since a whole lot of my friends in D.C. will be getting fired and I'll inevitably end up having to spend hours upon hours, calling up old colleagues and pals to see about open job positions.
You left out you're a POS.....:p

Reactions: zerosupblues
And I'm not repeating "talking points." I'm stating my opinions.
It's funny how your opinions match 1:1 what every single conservative propaganda outlet is spouting 24/7. Maybe you don't even realize it since you were in the GOP strategy room for so long, but it's pretty fucking clear to anyone who hasn't been sucking the dick of GOP propaganda that your opinions are just copy-pasted from them.

it's like, ummm...common fucking knowledge that for over a decade there has been an extremely motivated political movement within the American medical industry advocating for allowing pre-pubescent/adolescent children to chemically and/or surgically change their gender and it happens every single day
Read your own sources, dude. Not a one talks about "chopping the balls off 7yo". At most it's counseling until puberty, and then reversible puberty blockers until they're ready to make a decision, which no one is allowed to do until 18+. Like I said above, your understanding, even when you link sources, is 100% repeated talking points of GOP propaganda to keep people angry. And even your own sources say everything there is paid out of pocket, so you can rest assured that your taxes are not going to mental health counseling or care. Congrats.

severe, uncontrollable TDS
And the mask comes off. You can pretend to be not Republican all you want, you can say you're libertarian (which in my experience is just a Republican who likes weed and hasn't evolved their political opinions since middle school), but when you're repeating propaganda as your own opinion, acting like triggering people (and calling people triggered like a fucking grade-schooler) is the height of political discourse, and acting like everyone else is triggered or deranged by pointing out reasonable issues with Trump and the GOP while shouting your own misunderstanding of objective fact, you make your own mental maturity clear.

It's pretty clear to everyone here where you really stand, "libertarian".

your enraged, incoherent rants
lol. You are projecting so hard you may as well change your screen name to IMAX.

Easy girls, keep it easy. Behave ladylike and stick to the subject. Children watching here. So no mudwrestling.

Reactions: maikeru