Ueno Area

Worldtraveler

TAG Member
Reaction score
I booked a hotel (Candeo Hotels Uenokoen) and will be traveling in February.
I am curious if I will be able to have health delivery service girl dispatched to my room? I only speak English and caucasian and worried I will not have much luck.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Yuma
From looking at photos, I can't tell for sure, but the front desk seems to directly face the front door, which isn't really a good sign. The other question is whether you need a room card to get into the elevators. The rooms are probably big enough.

Generally the various delivery health agencies are going to be able to tell you if they can deliver to a hotel or not.

Looks like a hit and miss hotel when it comes to getting non-paying guests into your room.
DeriHotel.com has is as 48 success, 30 fails.

http://deriheruhotel.com/hotel/index/tokyo/taito/381/
(Run it through google translate and you'll understand the meanings / blue was a success / pink a failure

The Candeo Hotels are quite nice, I'd say a little nicer than the other big business hotel chains (Toyoko , Route Inn etc)

I'm trying to avoid the love hotels and just have the ladies come to my room. One less thing to worry about... Any suggestions ?
I can change hotels if there is a better option. I thought since the hotel is in the red light district they would allow visitors.

I thought since the hotel is in the red light district they would allow visitors.

They might. A lot of hotels charge per occupant, not per room though. But you assumed wrong. Regular hotels that are 'in the red light district' just locate themselves in a less fashionable/expensive area of town to keep their costs down. Hotels closer to Ueno Station are going to be a lot pricier.

Sorry to tell you but this hotel is kinda famous for its strict rule about visitor from outside.
There are tons of love hotels and regular hotels in the area but only Candeo and Toyoko Inn are the ones you cannot bring a girl in.