Guest viewing is limited

Unable to Access Site on Mobile Network

RoboReptar

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I'm only able to use my phone to test for obvious reasons, but I'm unable to access the site when I'm not on a Wifi Network.

Currently use AT&T and I instantly get a couldn't connect error when on their network.

Cleared cookies, cache, etc multiple times and still receive the issue. Not sure if anyone else is having this problem as well.

I'll be in touch with you. I think I know why... (Maybe)

@RoboReptar - Could you message me privately when you're available to do some live testing? I don't have access to any AT&T network or device.

There are a few possibilities for your issue:

1) AT&T DNS is Screwed Up
2) AT&T Is actively blocking us (probably not this one)
3) Potentially, our security hashes are a little too tight.
4) Localized issue to AT&T similar to the recent outage reported in the news over the last 2 days.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Probably not a helpful data point, but my US provider (Verizon) has no issues with TAG. At least not that they've told me. :LOL:

Reactions: RoboReptar and bbuy
Probably not a helpful data point, but my US provider (Verizon) has no issues with TAG. At least not that they've told me. :LOL:

Thanks! I think it's just isolated to AT&T. Still waiting to hear back.

Just an fyi... I have sprint and I couldn't access TAG from the move until about 2 days ago.

Thank you for the notice. That was due to the SSL cipher strength. We toned it down to allow more devices to connect.

Update...

We have fixed a significant routing issue with IPv6 which shouldn't have been causing much of a problem since all connections should fall back to IPv4 anyway... However, we've confirmed that the IPv6 failures have been resolved.

Now, we're tracing down the rest of the connectivity issues with certain devices and browsers. (There is no network blockage, but the device/browser combos may be hitting a wall with the higher security settings. I will change it to a mixed mode to see if that helps the remaining folks who have been left out in the cold.)

Our last updates have been applied and I think this is as far as we will go with relaxing the security protocols with HTTPS/SSL.

In detail, these browsers/devices will likely not work with TAG:
  • Android 2.3.7 (All Devices)
  • Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)
  • Internet Explorer 8 (WIndows XP)
  • Java6 and Java7 Based Browsers/Fetching Tools
  • Possible Issues: Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 when KB3058515 (6/2015) is not installed.

Please provide feedback if your device cannot connect and is not listed above.

Thank you!

In detail, these browsers/devices will likely not work with TAG:
  • Android 2.3.7 (All Devices)
  • Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)
  • Internet Explorer 8 (WIndows XP)
  • Java6 and Java7 Based Browsers/Fetching Tools
  • Possible Issues: Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 when KB3058515 (6/2015) is not installed.
People using the above have much bigger problems than not being able to access TAG. Just sayin'. :LOL: