United States - 2016 Election Thread

Who do you vote for? (Virtual Poll, Nothing Serious!)

• Clinton

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Trump

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TAG Manager

Executive Leadership
Reaction score
In preparation for the start of the 2016 elections in the United States which are being watched worldwide this year, we will use this thread to capture all posts and information on TAG to keep things clean.

How to get Election information:

1) Google - Will have live feeds from polling results as they come in. Use the query 'election results' (available in 30 languages)

2) Major News Pages - Pick your poison. (CNN, Fox, Huffington Post, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. etc.) -- I don't know what international papers or media sources are planning on doing for live coverage, they may be just doing summary coverage.

3) For State and other non-major ballot items, locate local news resources for the state, county or city level results.

4) Marijuana (medical & recreational) Voting for 2016 - Please see here.

Any threads created outside of this one that have anything to do with the election will be moved here.
The only other valid thread that is ongoing, is here.

Members may face temporary bans from the site or threads if things get out of control. Please be civil!

Thank you!

Reactions: Guuu
I'm stateside currently and plan on starting to drink heavily early in the day. Just gonna be a bad day at best.
I won't be staying up all night since when I go to work in the morning, people still will be voting. I expect that people at my job will be spending a lot of time on the net watching the results instead of working since stuff that happens in the U.S. impacts our position pretty easily and heavily in some cases.

I voted.
G3KH5yi.jpg

For my American friends in Japan. Came up with a wonderful shot for you to drink. It's called "Fuck! America is Burning" Half 151, quarter tequila(Trump) and a quarter Habu (Hilary). Repeat as needed until you can feel better about this election.

This tracker has a nice layout for the presidential race:

http://edition.cnn.com/election/results

It's easy to read and see each state and how may electoral votes each state has.
Plus, there's a popular vote tab...

It will still be well into the Japanese morning before real results start to roll in as east coast polls start closing. (~8am JST)

Write in vote for George Carlin.

Yes, I know he's dead. I figure that will make him the best president the USA has had in the last 200 years.

Reactions: TAG Manager
On my way to work, Trump is ahead in the first results so far. This will be an interesting day...

Reactions: Guuu
On my way to work, Trump is ahead in the first results so far. This will be an interesting day...

Eh. He won some of his 'easy' states, and all the other ones are battleground states that are too close to call. Including South Carolina, which Trump should've won easily. In about 10 minutes there will be plenty of states that go to Clinton, and I think in another hour New York state will likely go to her too.

Eh. He won some of his 'easy' states, and all the other ones are battleground states that are too close to call. Including South Carolina, which Trump should've won easily. In about 10 minutes there will be plenty of states that go to Clinton, and I think in another hour New York state will likely go to her too.

HA. And just now they projected SC to go to Trump. Go figure.

I was just reading through some of the detailed results for states that had reported results and yes, those would be expected.

Don't think much work will get done today. They've got news channels up on the TV's in the office.

And there go a bunch of blue states, Clinton leads. Trump still has popular vote...by 2% haha

Interesting... the bookmaker odds are drifting, Trump is now 1/1 at a lot of places, Clinton has slipped to 4/5 in many.

NYTimes has an interesting page with forecast 'dials'. Last several minutes, it's slipped over to Trump territory for electoral votes occasionally.

Reactions: Sudsy
NYTimes has an interesting page with forecast 'dials'. Last several minutes, it's slipped over to Trump territory for electoral votes occasionally.
So much analytics being poured into this race... Thanks for sharing this one...

It's worth noting that absentee ballots, even if small by percentage, still need to be tallied once normal voting ends.
I assume that that process is the same as it has been in the past.

I assume that that process is the same as it has been in the past.

You mean that whoever paid off the most people gets the absentee vote? :D

You mean that whoever paid off the most people gets the absentee vote? :D

No comment, lol.

At the office, so far, it's nothing but election talk and prediction of market reaction.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and call this as a Trump win based on what's done and what's still coming. He just took Ohio and in order for Clinton to win, she needs more momentum.

Florida at one point was down to 5 votes different.

The overall voter turnout, looks dismal just based on numbers counted thus far.

There's been a lot of voter turnout, but it's been huge on both sides. The big difference is that white people voted a lot more for Trump than ever before. Basically if Trump wins Michigan, that's probably the ballgame. This is gonna be a bad night.

Trump wins Michigan
2% lead for Trump as of now.
Pennsylvania (20)... close too, but I think that will stick with Clinton.

Florida - looks like Trump (29)
Cali - Already went to Clinton (55)

I haven't really said this before, but from the outside looking in and having read everything that I could... Clinton just looks like a monster. Trump, he's an idiot and a locker room boy but he's obviously made successes in his life as opposed to Clinton just being a sponge and keeping dirt on people. (totally personal opinion here, observed from overseas)

That all said... glad I'm here and not there. For now.

My prediction, Trump wins mainly due to people being sick of what they see as career politicians who are out of touch with reality.

I also predict an assassination attempt within the first 12 months.

I'm glad I'm not American, being given that choice for my country's next leader would depress me.