Guest viewing is limited

Using Hello Talk to. . .

I dunno if I am the ugliest mofo alive, the people who had wild success with HT are exaggerating or just handsome fellas because damn, where are all these women who supposedly message you on the daily? I've been chatting with two but they do not seem interested "that" way and responding to nearby moments has gotten mixed results.

I dunno if I am the ugliest mofo alive, the people who had wild success with HT are exaggerating or just handsome fellas because damn, where are all these women who supposedly message you on the daily? I've been chatting with two but they do not seem interested "that" way and responding to nearby moments has gotten mixed results.

My experiences are the same. Enormous effort expended writing back & forth have yielded miniscule & very temporary results. It doesn't help that the site is rife with scammers, making women very wary. To succeed one needs to stand out. Being handsome might be an advantage. Corpulent middle aged guys might find it harder. I've put in hundreds of hours into this site since the pandemic. Might have been better off hanging around Hubb.

Reactions: Hardcastle
I'll be back in Shinjuku this Saturday so I am trying to "prep" some before that but yeah, I think a lot of it comes down to presentation. As I said, I am not overweight or ugly, just average and have a pretty good pic on it but I think there's a certain type these girls go for. Especially the ones saying "no romance" lmao.

Well, or the guys saying they had wild success omit the fact that the girls they picked up there may have not been the hottest ~

As I said, I am not overweight or ugly, just average and have a pretty good pic on it but I think there's a certain type these girls go for.

Yeah and that type is called "handsome". Why would a girl talk to an average guy when in any dating app she has hundreds or thousands of matches?

Well, or the guys saying they had wild success omit the fact that the girls they picked up there may have not been the hottest ~

You know that picky guys masturbate a lot?

Reactions: MikeH
There is a difference between being picky and not fucking everything that ain't on a tree by the count of three.

Reactions: Mr Cat
There are a lot of things I do not mind.

Most of them are things I don't get either, so as Mike said - the hand has to do the job...although, it Saturday evening and I am in Shinjuku...who am I kidding, it's time to sleep!

Started using HT more frequently recently. I get so many dudes in my DMs, don't know why though, I honestly should just become gay at this point. I would probably get laid a lot easier.

I've had one girl message me, and though I haven't gotten anything back from her after a couple of messages were sent. I need to figure out how to be more proactive with this app, cause I don't think waiting for women to show up in DMs is gonna happen that much.

Been on HT since 2020. Reached out to literally a thousand or more women. Most don't bother replying. Some respond but the exchanges are mostly monosyllabic and one sided. Given the many hundreds of hours wasted, HT wasn't worth the bother for me. Hope to hear better stories from men who are less bald & corpulent than I. Good luck with it!

Don't care how many people joke about it on all sorts of platforms - that app is primarily a language exchange app and the vast majority of women on there use it as such.

Reactions: hamsap
I tried Hello Talk years ago for language learning, but I uninstalled it due to its ties to China. I didn't post my picture on there, since I had a community & professional teacher (mid 20's) on iTalki ask me 「好きなタイプは?」within the first two lessons. There was also a JD who asked me if I prefer a 綺麗系 or 可愛い系 during the first lesson.

During one lesson, I told the professional teacher that I was going to an overseas event. She said that she used to be interested in those when she was a teenager, so I just told her the end date. She also said that she's good at BLOWING the FLUTE. Is this a euphemism that she's good at giving BJs?

Less than 3 weeks before the event, I told her the specific dates. She then got mad at me because I didn't tell her the correct dates. How am I even supposed to tell her that I've got bigger fish to catch?

I just wanted to learn Nihongo, the flirting could have followed once I got better at the language.

Sounds better than my experiences on HelloTalk. At least I got a friend out of it, which is better than nothing, I guess.

Reactions: Acid Burn
Sounds better than my experiences on HelloTalk. At least I got a friend out of it, which is better than nothing, I guess.
As I get older, I find that arguably, that may be the better end result.

Lol and all of a sudden, I have someone to go to the Christmas market in Hibiya Park with. Can't even tell if she's cute because sunglasses pic but either way, I wanted to go to that market but the shit Japanese ticket reservation system was keeping me away. Now I have an in and who knows, maybe another in...

Reactions: Danbo and Acid Burn
Lol and all of a sudden, I have someone to go to the Christmas market in Hibiya Park with. Can't even tell if she's cute because sunglasses pic but either way, I wanted to go to that market but the shit Japanese ticket reservation system was keeping me away. Now I have an in and who knows, maybe another in...
Ticket system? Was this introduced because of Covid?.....wasn't this a regular walk-in style market in the past

I have no clue because this is my first time in Japan during December. You have to reserve tickets for a day and time even. 2 hour limit too. Was too much of a hassle but well - all sorted out now. Just hope I don't get my organs harvested.

I have no clue because this is my first time in Japan during December. You have to reserve tickets for a day and time even. 2 hour limit too. Was too much of a hassle but well - all sorted out now. Just hope I don't get my organs harvested.
Interesting.....last time I went there was maybe 4 years ago. You could just walk into the park like at every other festival. They had one big tent with music and seating which probably required reservations, but everything else was pretty easy going.

Doesn't matter....have fun!🎄✨

Christmas market was kinda meh, as expected. At least they had Lebkuchen you would find in German supermarkets, even though it was expensive as shit, I bought them to satisfy my cravings. The girl was nice, kinda cute but also definitely weird.

Christmas market was kinda meh, as expected. At least they had Lebkuchen you would find in German supermarkets, even though it was expensive as shit, I bought them to satisfy my cravings. The girl was nice, kinda cute but also definitely weird.

Sounds interesting. ;-)

Not as interesting as you might think. No fuckery was done. She was just kinda awkward and seemed a bit like a shut-in. Or maybe just nervous, what do I know?

I've been on hello talk for a while. Only once when I first joined did I get to meet with someone. I just asked to meet for coffee and we met regularly for a good time until we stopped after a few months. Ever since then I barely even get a reply back from women. A lot of dudes message me though which is weird. They helped me practice Japanese with making reservations and getting past the tenchos at shops, which is where my time is better spent.

Those dudes shouldn't give a shit about that then, to be quite frank.

Also, I have met up with three people off HelloTalk but none of it was for the purpose of sex. One I still meet up with regularly to just hang out, the other paid for the Christmas market last month, some random guy in Sapporo who spoke fluent Germany with an Austrian accent. In hindsight, the Christmas market chick might have been up for something but who knows. She was kind of weird.

Reactions: da2369