Guest viewing is limited

Vegetarian/Vegan joints in Tokyo

Kaspar

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm not completely vegetarian yet, but I'm gradually removing meat from my diet (once or twice a week is enough for me)... So, that being said, any advice on where to indulge in my alimentary habits here in Tokyo? Thanks in advance to everyone.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Trueberry is vegan, organic, raw and gluten free. Nice small restaurant. (At the least the one in hiroo)

Reactions: Kaspar
The "ain soph" chain with restaurants in Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Ginza is probably the most well known vegan restaurant group.
8ablish in Omote Sando is also very well praised. There are a number of good restaurants really but some are more represented than others and often a good one gets shut down.

The "ain soph" chain with restaurants in Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Ginza is probably the most well known vegan restaurant group.
8ablish in Omote Sando is also very well praised. There are a number of good restaurants really but some are more represented than others and often a good one gets shut down.
Good, it seems I won't be starving at all.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Most Indian/South Asian restaurants in Japan can serve up some vegetarian dishes. Not sure about true vegan though.

Indian places also tend to have English menus as well as English-speaking staff.

Most Indian/South Asian restaurants in Japan can serve up some vegetarian dishes. Not sure about true vegan though.

Indian places also tend to have English menus as well as English-speaking staff.
Italian places are also always a safe bet for vegetarian and often have English menues as well.

Ain Soph is decent.
Mr Farmer in Roppongi, Ometesando and Komazawa is good.
I go to a place called Veganic to go in roppongi quite often, good burgers, a bit pricy but decent for a takeaway bite; and they have awesome soy soft serve.

Ain Soph is decent.
Mr Farmer in Roppongi, Ometesando and Komazawa is good.
I go to a place called Veganic to go in roppongi quite often, good burgers, a bit pricy but decent for a takeaway bite; and they have awesome soy soft serve.
There is also a mr farmer in Shinjuku west exit.

This chain is not vegetarian but its healthy and has some good vegetarian/vegan options.

I'm pretty sure the cow that provided my steaks last night was a vegan....

I am a serious meat eater and am always a bit skeptical of vegetarian places (not of vegetarians), but there is at least one veggie restaurant in Tokyo that is simply superb in food and atmosphere:

http://www.atago-daigo.jp/en/

Not cheap though, but well worth it, at least for an occasional splurge. Two Michelin stars if I recall correctly.

-Ww

Last edited:
I am a serious meat eater and always a bit skeptical of vegetarian places (not of vegetarians), but there is at least one veggie restaurant in Tokyo that is simply superb in food and atmosphere:

http://www.atago-daigo.jp/en/

Not cheap though, but well worth it, at least for an occasional splurge. Two Michelin stars if I recall correctly.

-Ww
My absolute favorite!
Only for special occasions of course.

Reactions: Wwanderer
This is my theory as well; animals are just bio-factories that turn vegetables into food!

If god didn't want us to eat animals why did he made them out of food?

Reactions: TheScientist
God proved us to have a wicked sense of humour...

I equip you with these organs and it will feel really really good to rub them together. But I declare that as a sin. And look there is lots of tasty food walking around. But you can't eat it.

In my book that's not humour, that's just assholery.