Guest viewing is limited

Visiting as a Single Woman - Questions

sammiestan

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I will be in Tokyo next week and I am interested in going to Bliss Out but I’m worried about how safe it may be. I will be going by myself and I’m more worried about traveling alone in Kabukicho at night than the actual happening bars.

I’m quite young and could definitely pass as Japanese as I’m Eastern Asian. Would this help me get into the bars that are more strict about being able to speak Japanese?

Also wanted to ask if anyone has any other suggestions of places I should go to? I’m very shy and doing this out of curiosity, I would like to go somewhere where I can spectate more. Not sure if I would participate as I have no sexual experience.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps

Kabuki cho is actually super safe for women. I feel much saver there in the middle of the night than in a deserted living neighborhood like Adachi. Basically there are always a lot of people outside (and a lot of tourists) and there is a police station on about every corner and always police patrolling around as well.
One thing that works against you when looking Japanese is that you will probably get approached more by scouts and host club touts. Just keep walking if they don’t offer something you want. The black touts talk to everyone and they are the biggest danger imo, definitely do not go with them.
I don’t think looking Japanese will help you much as a woman. If a place is strict on Japanese, your language must be on point. Happening bars are usually ok with foreigners with basic conversation, but recently they started to ask for Japanese health insurance cards so you can only enter if you are a Japan resident. However, Bliss Out is very foreigner friendly and will accept if you just bring your passport.

No sexual experience and you are jumping into this? Do you mean that you are a virgin? I would say you are generally safe. A no is a no and some guys might be pushy but you would just need to signal to the staff for help.

I'm all up for experimentation but I would suggest seeings the bar lower first.

Kabuki cho is actually super safe for women. I feel much saver there in the middle of the night than in a deserted living neighborhood like Adachi. Basically there are always a lot of people outside (and a lot of tourists) and there is a police station on about every corner and always police patrolling around as well.
One thing that works against you when looking Japanese is that you will probably get approached more by scouts and host club touts. Just keep walking if they don’t offer something you want. The black touts talk to everyone and they are the biggest danger imo, definitely do not go with them.
I don’t think looking Japanese will help you much as a woman. If a place is strict on Japanese, your language must be on point. Happening bars are usually ok with foreigners with basic conversation, but recently they started to ask for Japanese health insurance cards so you can only enter if you are a Japan resident. However, Bliss Out is very foreigner friendly and will accept if you just bring your passport.

That’s great to hear, thank you so much for the help!

Setting, not seeing. I will say that at 9259 they are helpful in setting up contact between people. You can tell them if you wnt to be alone and they steer guys away. This all really depends on what you want. There is a lot of alcohol, if you want it and most of the initial contacts will go straight to touching but in a conversational way, but can quickly escalate into a lot of fun and it is easy to lose yourself into it. So that's why I recommended a slow start, just to make sure you know what to expect mentally after you leave and reflect back on the night.

No sexual experience and you are jumping into this? Do you mean that you are a virgin? I would say you are generally safe. A no is a no and some guys might be pushy but you would just need to signal to the staff for help.

I'm all up for experimentation but I would suggest seeings the bar lower first.

Yes haha I realize it sounds a little crazy but I’m really shy so somehow it comforts me more being around complete strangers rather than people who know me or want to get to know me. What do you mean by seeing the bar lower first?

Also thank you for the help!

Reactions: Sirenity
Setting, not seeing. I will say that at 9259 they are helpful in setting up contact between people. You can tell them if you wnt to be alone and they steer guys away. This all really depends on what you want. There is a lot of alcohol, if you want it and most of the initial contacts will go straight to touching but in a conversational way, but can quickly escalate into a lot of fun and it is easy to lose yourself into it. So that's why I recommended a slow start, just to make sure you know what to expect mentally after you leave and reflect back on the night.

Ahh I understand now! Yes, I’m mostly there to observe I think, at least on my first night if I decide to go more than once, I don’t think I would really even be brave enough to do anything. Thats nice to hear about 9259 though, do they accept foreigners?

I would say mood hookups, or an app like feeeld where you can meet couples. Tinder can also be used for that, but takes a while to get a real match.

It's not weird. I did the same thing. The good thing is everyone has the same interests, there are no games. You need to make sure the dude wears protection.

I would offer to also go with, but I did today and I think if m if I do so again im going to enter creep territory.

@Alice you have thoughts on this? I read your posts and you are a good voice of reason

More not mood. Can't type today.

I've only been to 9259 and I've been here for a year and just had to confirm that I understood the rules.

Reactions: sammiestan
I’ve always felt very safe in Kabukicho, aside from the touts it’s not as bad as many people claim it to be (in my opinion anyways!)

I am also a solo female planning on attending Bliss Out next week, if you are interested perhaps we can go together? Totally platonic and no expectations to do anything other than hang out. Feel free to PM me if you are interested, otherwise good luck and have fun! :)

9259 needs Japanese health insurance card + a regular ID but as long as you have that its ok.
For Bliss Out, they are easier to enter. I usually prefer 9259 but i’d highly recommend Bliss Out’s Robe Night. It was like heaven. Although getting tied up is maybe a big step when you don’t have sexual experience.

Going with someone could be a good idea.

I’ve always felt very safe in Kabukicho, aside from the touts it’s not as bad as many people claim it to be (in my opinion anyways!)

I am also a solo female planning on attending Bliss Out next week, if you are interested perhaps we can go together? Totally platonic and no expectations to do anything other than hang out. Feel free to PM me if you are interested, otherwise good luck and have fun! :)

Okay that’s great to hear! And I realized I’m actually arriving faster than I thought haha I will try to go on the 29th but if I decide to go again next week I will definitely let you know and PM you. Thank you for the help

I will go to tokyo tomorrow, and gonna stay there till April 7 I'm 26 years old if you want to explore the city :)

Ahh I understand now! Yes, I’m mostly there to observe I think, at least on my first night if I decide to go more than once, I don’t think I would really even be brave enough to do anything. Thats nice to hear about 9259 though, do they accept foreigners?
they do but you need to speak Japanese or be accompanied with someone who does.
if you want to feel safe I can suggest you go with a couple (me and my girl friend for example :D )
this week we're probably going tomorrow

9259 needs Japanese health insurance card + a regular ID but as long as you have that its ok.
For Bliss Out, they are easier to enter. I usually prefer 9259 but i’d highly recommend Bliss Out’s Robe Night. It was like heaven. Although getting tied up is maybe a big step when you don’t have sexual experience.

Going with someone could be a good idea.
they also accept id for foreigner based outside of Japan if they are accompanied

Okay that’s great to hear! And I realized I’m actually arriving faster than I thought haha I will try to go on the 29th but if I decide to go again next week I will definitely let you know and PM you. Thank you for the help
I’m just visiting and would love to go together tomorrow! I’d be grateful as I was worried about going alone, too. Please feel free to send me a message if you’re interested.

Reactions: mexican93
they do but you need to speak Japanese or be accompanied with someone who does.
if you want to feel safe I can suggest you go with a couple (me and my girl friend for example :D )
this week we're probably going tomorrow
Maybe we can all go together tomorrow! I’m not sure if you’d mind showing up with three ladies?

This is becoming more interesting! E-smile, you have been before on a Thursday, so i'm assuming you've been there at around seven before :) I would love to join this and meet some other like minded people.

Just heads up that tomorrow is cuck night at bliss out. Not that you have to follow the theme.

This is becoming more interesting! E-smile, you have been before on a Thursday, so i'm assuming you've been there at around seven before :) I would love to join this and meet some other like minded people.
I went there many times and apparently Thursday is pole dance day, I enjoyed it last time. too bad I had to leave by the last train

Im a shy asian 27 male fluent in Japanese and really want to try and explore HB.. just for drink and observe because this is my first time.. can i join the team? lol

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Hi guys, we are a couple from Israel (32 & 37) and planning on visiting BO tonight. If there are more english speakers going - maybe we can even meet up before for a drink and go together