Visiting Japan with a friend - how to connect with Japanese girls?

Tim in Tokyo

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am visiting japan for the 4th time and have been to Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo and so on. I also met some girls and had some fun. Since I am coming this time with a friend I am not sure what the best way is. I have started learning Japanese but cannot speak a lot yet.

Questions:
Is there an app to meeting “normal“ Japanese girls?
Which Bars/Places in Osaka and Tokyo are good to meet girls?
Any other advice?
Which soaphouses work with English speakers? All reviews say Japanese only so far.

Thank you a lot.

We are visiting in June 2023 btw

Thanks
Hans

Reactions: cuckhimnow and Gina
Welcome. Most of your questions will be met with "Read the forums". Recommendations are not given outside of reviews. There are far too many and varied locations to meet people.

Biggest advice is learn Japanese. That turns a few shops and a handful of providers to hundreds of choices.

Reactions: Bura_Kuma and Gina
Which soaphouses work with English speakers? All reviews say Japanese only so far.
Click on Soapland reviews, then click on the sticky thread Yoshiwara resource thread, then read the first post that lists almost all soap shops wether they take foreigners or not. If you are still unsure, hop on the Hibiya Line and stroll among the soaplands - the touts that approach you will assume 0 Nihongo.

You already said you met some girls and had some fun in the past...how about just doing it the same way as last time?
Am also curious why the OP won't just stick to the original tactic, hence he mentioned he had fun.....

Reactions: Alice
Questions:
Is there an app to meeting “normal“ Japanese girls?
Which Bars/Places in Osaka and Tokyo are good to meet girls?
Any other advice?
-Tinder and bumble work in Japan and there is also an app called “tepple”. Apps have a great chance of flakes though so don’t count on them to show up too much. There is a thread here on the forum about picking up girls in apps, but a lot of those apps seem recommended there (like Pairs) seem to be aimed at more serious relationship so the women will probably have no interest in meeting a tourist.
-not really sure. Probably Gaspanic in Tokyo and Sam and Dave in Osaka. Those are supposed to be clubs where girls who want to hook up with foreign men go, so it should be easy but more critical people tend to be very negative about those places. Bar life is still not what it was post pandemic though. And even before the pandemic started, places like Roppongi were already dying without clear reason.
-idk
- Y shirt seems to be happy to take tourists and like has been said before, if you just walk around the area, some people will try to waive you in even if they assume you don’t speak Japanese. Don’t expect English service however, it would be a great coincidence if you run into staff or girls that speak fluent English. But some places are probably happy to take your money and communicate by gestures and google translate.

• Sad
Reactions: Gina
They closed years ago. Roppongi in 2011, Shibuya in 2019.
Pretty sure that Roppongi closed after 2011 because I have been to that one, hehe. (In my defense, real clubs would card people and not let people under 20 in.)
I did remember the closed fairly soon after I went there though, guess they couldn’t handle me. 😂

Missed the Shibuya one closing.

Anyway, there must be some bars with the same vibe aimed at an international and mixed crowd.

Reactions: Simonka and Gina
Pretty sure that Roppongi closed after 2011 because I have been to that one, hehe. (In my defense, real clubs would card people and not let people under 20 in.)
I did remember the closed fairly soon after I went there though, guess they couldn’t handle me. 😂

Missed the Shibuya one closing.

Anyway, there must be some bars with the same vibe aimed at an international and mixed crowd.
R2, Cé La Vie for a more mature crowd (30s)?

Reactions: Alice
Am also curious why the OP won't just stick to the original tactic, hence he mentioned he had fun.....
By "had fun" he probably means that he shuffled into some obnoxious gaijin bar, stood around awkwardly at the bar counter nursing a beer and looking lost, one of the kinder waitresses took pity and smiled at him, he instantly popped a raging hard-on and then rushed to the restroom to masturbate furiously while planning the wedding and honeymoon. Now he's coming back, has a ring and means business. Adios, Virginity!!

Plenty of time to learn a little bit of Japanese. No soaps are specifically catered for English speakers.