Guest viewing is limited

Want Better Performance On Okcupid?

Desktop

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty old OKCupid account & pretty much thought there were nothing but ugly women on there.
I really wanted to test my theory that better looking profiles are hidden based on who you are.
I created a new account & compared simply the amount of profiled I see online as of yesterday.
Same exact setting & the new account sees more than 5Xs the profiles.
So if you have an old account start a new one. You will start seeing the better looking ladies on the site. If your profile starts getting hidden a lot then it seems to affect who you see also.

Have you edited your old profile recently? I know a lot of sites bump you to the top of the list if you are active on there...

I have edited it & even refreshed photos still limited amounts of profiles.
The new profile looks to have access to everyone while the old profile only about 20%.
There's guys here posting that OKC has only unattractive women but if they try this it might change their view.
Also if you pay I guess you will start to see the attractive women again.

OKC is very complicated (arguably unnecessarily so) and there are other factors besides how new your profile is.

OKC staff is known to directly manipulate profiles and conduct odd experiments. This includes claims of racial and sexual orientation bias, pro and against. As well as OKC staff created FAKE profiles for experiments, not to mention researchers on the site as well. This is more a problem on OKC, as they are famous for allowing it.

And the staff bias and manipulation is not necessarily in the standard ways people think, but in the reverse (or any direction), based on a particular issue of OKC staff.

If you are trying to date interracially, as would often be the case here, you may have problems on OKC, where you wouldn't at say JapanCupid. Your profile can, arguably purposely, get lower match percentage scores with other racial groups.

Sometimes OKC is conducting nutty experiments where your profile can be the unlucky one chosen. You can be unknowingly in an experiment group and get screwed around with.

If you create a new profile, it still might not do well either, because age of the profile is supposedly a factor in matching scores. The longer your profile has been around, you supposedly get extra positive matching percentages.

When you create a new profile, you have to deal with answering the nutty and often unnecessary OKC questions. Not answering, is a gamble and especially if you don't have outright fantastic pictures. Some women will refuse to respond to men with no answered questions or a matching percentage, and OKC can screw over profiles with unanswered questions too.

Paying is yet another factor, where such customers can get prefential treatment. But your pictures and matching percentage are still important.

Probably having 2 or 3 profiles, that are different and you turn on and off, might work. However, just having straight up amazing pictures is often considered the best.

Many people are simple-minded and superficial, where they just scan through pictures and select who catches their eye. Much like Tinder. However, when called out on it, many people will lie.

I would especially NOT rely on OKC as the only dating site to be used. Use others, in conjunction with them. And remember, for men, dating sites are more like playing slot machines. You might hit the jackpot (get a date), but it can be extremely unpredictable when and how often.

Last edited:
Thank you Solong I'm sure my suggestion is just a simple suggestion to show that some of us are missing out if using that site. Others feel free to add any other helpful info.

Back when I was still using it I noticed that my top matches were almost always caucasian. I'm not sure what the reason is, maybe because of the answers I gave to some of the questions (though I never indicated a preference regarding ethnicity). I was starting to think maybe if you answer no question at all they just show you all the profiles, which, as far as I'm concerned, would have been better.

Another thing that I find annoying about OKC and that I've noticed more often lately, is women or fake profiles hitting LIKE on your profile and then never answering messages.

That crap used to rarely ever happen, where a "LIKES YOU" meant at least a message exchange. Even Tinder is much better than this silliness.

Another reason why to definitely not solely rely on or count on OKC in Japan. Some attention-whoring women play it like a video game, thus make it bad for everyone else.

I've found several pretty profiles on OKcupid.
But when you start reading their shit, the only thing you want to do is run very very far away.
Just a bunch of spoilt/egoistic/arrogant women who want kids from a wealthy man.
Those who don't want kids, they want you to pay for everything, they want you to entertain them.
And for most of them, sex once a week is enough.

I've found several pretty profiles on OKcupid.
But when you start reading their shit, the only thing you want to do is run very very far away.
Just a bunch of spoilt/egoistic/arrogant women who want kids from a wealthy man.
Those who don't want kids, they want you to pay for everything, they want you to entertain them.
And for most of them, sex once a week is enough.
Like who for instance.....

I just got banned from there......oh well.

Reactions: MossBoss
I just got banned from there......oh well.

Cheer up. At least you can't get banned from TAG. The other day an individual posted the most vile abuse I have ever seen on the Interweb. His horrific posts threatened the most disgusting sexual violence that you could ever imagine - half a dozen times. But he remains a member!

Cheer up. At least you can't get banned from TAG. The other day an individual posted the most vile abuse I have ever seen on the Interweb. His horrific posts threatened the most disgusting sexual violence that you could ever imagine - half a dozen times. But he remains a member!
Are you talking about the Narcissistic juvenile posts? It happens. Some folks get turned on by that sort of stuff but ranting/threatening on the internet is just plain silly.

Are you talking about the Narcissistic juvenile posts? It happens. Some folks get turned on by that sort of stuff but ranting on the internet is just plain silly.

Yes. Most of the posters on here respect each other's opinions so it is disapponting when you see extreme abuse of that nature.

Reactions: John Chavers
What did you do on OKC to be banned?
Probably just being myself :) Lot's of Chinese girls posting there (if really hot looking) but not in Tokyo and trying to get you join some Chinese chatting sites that you have to pay for. I just block them but other girls I just try and feel them out and if I think I can do a p4p instead of pua them I try and go that route. Maybe someone whines about it and now I can't get back on. I think maybe I'll be blocked for a month (or so) as I've tried again with a different account but no go. Maybe it's my IPO.

Probably just being myself :) Lot's of Chinese girls posting there (if really hot looking) but not in Tokyo and trying to get you join some Chinese chatting sites that you have to pay for. I just block them but other girls I just try and feel them out and if I think I can do a p4p instead of pua them I try and go that route. Maybe someone whines about it and now I can't get back on. I think maybe I'll be blocked for a month (or so) as I've tried again with a different account but no go. Maybe it's my IPO.
I don't understand the logic of trying to go P4P on a non-P4P site. That's like the opposite of going to a prostitute, then telling her you won't pay and want her to be a girlfriend. It's the opposite of what is expected.

1) There are plenty of P4P websites to order a woman

2) You are highly likely to piss a non-P4P woman off, insulted that you think her a prostitute, that they rat on you.

I guess most of the Chinese on OKCupid are students who work in massage parlours on the side. They might be open to earning a bit extra on the side if they can find a regular decent guy.

From a punters perspective if they can find a semi-pro on a site like OKCupid it would be an attractive situation. The gals will be cleaner than some of the full-timers. I heard that some of the full time agency ladies from China and Thailand are barebacking all sorts even with cream pie finishes.

I don't understand the logic of trying to go P4P on a non-P4P site. That's like the opposite of going to a prostitute, then telling her you won't pay and want her to be a girlfriend. It's the opposite of what is expected.

1) There are plenty of P4P websites to order a woman

2) You are highly likely to piss a non-P4P woman off, insulted that you think her a prostitute, that they rat on you.
I guess you didn't read the posts about the Vietnamese girl I pulled from there awhile back.

I guess you didn't read the posts about the Vietnamese girl I pulled from there awhile back.
I'm not saying such is impossible. But rather, this isn't what anyone should expect. It's opposite of the site's purpose, and consequently, we should expect problems as a result.

I'm not saying such is impossible. But rather, this isn't what anyone should expect.

I have found "Expect the unexpected!" to be a useful, often powerful, "technique" in many contexts, fwiiw.

-Ww

Reactions: just4fun
I have a profile that I made way back in 2009. I have had nothing but bad luck on that website. Most of the women on there are just horribly unattractive. The ones that are good-looking either won't respond, are fake profiles, or are stuck-up arrogant bitches. No thanks.

This is exactly my point. My old profile I had the experience you had. Under a new email address & new profile I saw profiles of women I never saw from my original profile.