What’s M type vs. S type?

I may be wrong, but I've always assumed those to be abbreviations for "Sado" and "Maso", albeit not with the literal meaning one would infer in English, but in that quaint Japanese way used to denote "active" and "passive".

It’s usually a scale of 攻め (seme, attack) and 受ける (uke, receive) unless you’re at an actual bdsm shop.
An S girl will be more take-charge, and an M-girl will be more open to you taking the lead.

It’s usually a scale of 攻め (seme, attack) and 受ける (uke, receive) unless you’re at an actual bdsm shop.
An S girl will be more take-charge, and an M-girl will be more open to you taking the lead.
Very helpful! Thanks

That's what I always figured it meant, good to have it confirmed.

Took me long enough to figure out what "H" type meant... glad I know now though.

That's what I always figured it meant, good to have it confirmed.

Took me long enough to figure out what "H" type meant... glad I know now though.
Hentai? But I still wonder what specifically or nonspecifically H entails?

H gets used because it sounds like the Japanese word エッチ

H gets used because it sounds like the Japanese word エッチ
エッチ is the Japanese pronunciation of H, and is commonly used as shorthand for hentai (変態) and written as H.

Though hentai literally means perverted/perversion, H is generally used as shorthand for sex (H しよう) and when used in fuzuko profiles indicates how a girl’s attitude to sex is likely to be.