What’s the Japanese view on when men/women hit their sexual peaks?

Saitama

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi, while with a fairly close group of mixed-gender staff, we were shooting the breeze and came across this statement, which I guess comes from America:

Men hit their sexual peak in their late teens or early 20s, while women their sexual peak towards their 30s/40s.

I nodded, as like yeah I’m not sure I can come 10-15 times in a day anymore, or would even want to at this point, while my friends who are women give mixed results but generally say they have more confidence/less fucks to give as they’re older, so there’s support there as well.

My Japanese male counterparts didn’t really have a comment, they did acknowledge the 熟女 (jyuku jo- hot older woman) concept, whereas the one woman had more of this face as a response:
giphy.gif

Whadda y’all think?

Reactions: Ken1988 and MikeH
Get out of here. Sexual peak is not how many times you can come. That thing the young guys keep doing all night long we old guys can do all night.
Fair point. But I'm assuming "sexual peak" means when they are at their horniest? So I guess it would make sense, as a young guy usually won't last as long and would need to go several rounds until he's done.

Japanese women's peak is definitely before marriage. After that everything starts declining. Not sure if guys have a peak. There sure are moments when you simply don't have the stamina anymore and you just want to go to bed instead. I guess that's why cuckold is popular. You can watch your wife being horny but you don't have to do all the work :LOL:

Reactions: Maxblack
Isn't it changing nowadays? Like men's peaks are getting later (due to better health and exercise etc) and women's peaks are getting earlier (due to earlier exposure to sex).

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I’m pretty sure Japanese men peak later. Not many guys nowadays in their 20s who like sex as much as the ojisan. But thats maybe more a generational difference.

Reactions: Troilist
Isn't it changing nowadays? Like men's peaks are getting later (due to better health and exercise etc) and women's peaks are getting earlier (due to earlier exposure to sex).
I think your cultural background can also contribute to this. Coming from a conservative country, I am a bit embarrassed to say I’ve reached my peak sometime last year. I’m also a late bloomer in many other ways.

Last edited:
To provide context to the American side of things (not that anyone was thinking, “boy I wish an American would start talking about sex” and global standards), the conventional wisdom regarding women’s sexual peak (according to a bunch of 30-50 year olds) is not biological but cultural is that navigating social norms, building a network of friends of same and opposite genders, and figuring out what you like in bed + handling college + handling finances is a hell of a lot to worry about in college years. As a result, women who know what they want are also likely to be a bit older. They may seek sex for physical or social satisfaction are likely to do so when other problems are no longer as great a concern.

Men, who from like 13-14 on develop into nature’s Roman candles and from there it’s the discussion of what a “peak” means.

I think the question of narrowing down any gender’s “sexual peak” by simply basing it on their age is ludicrous. There are too many factors, variables and contexts to take into consideration that goes beyond one’s gender or age.

I will only speak from my own personal experience and outlook on the OP’s question. If your context of “sexual peak” refers to quantity then I would say my peak was in my early thirties. But one consideration which I feel played a huge contributing factor would be my family circumstances of being a new mom rather than my age. On the other hand, if the OP’s context of “sexual peak” is referring to quality then I could easily say, it started in my mid thirties and honestly I feel like I am not even close to hitting my “sexual peak” yet even at 40 years old. I personally believe with the right partner, sex gets better and better with age for both men and women.

To better understand the context of this thread, please imagine this to be akin to the sort of banter some dudes might have over their second round at The Hub. Light, easy to use stereotypes devoid of subtlety or nuance.

...which is obviously the opposite of this place.
“TAG - Overflowing with nuance!” as my mom used to say.

I'm usually at my sexual peak at around 4am-8am.
I do get a late bloom if I'm on the late shift :LOL:

Reactions: MikeH
If "sexual peak" means "my interest in and ability to ensure my partner enjoys herself at least as much as I enjoy" then my peak is mid-40s and at half that age I was twice the twat I am now.
Also I am amusingly in much better physical shape than I was in my 20s. Mentally I'm still 13 years old, but I've been like that since...well since I was 13?