What are things you geek out about ?

Messing with various music programs and endless VST-plugins are so fun to geek out on for hours.

Playing classic console games on emulators and playing various games on Steam.

Reactions: Ken1988
Good TV shows like Game of Thrones and Westworld. After watching the latest episode I go to reddit to read the episode discussion. Love reading good fan theories. There are some youtube channels aswell where people explain and discuss each episode. I tend to miss small details so watching these youtube videos is nice :)

Twin Peaks season 2 was very good too. So mysterious. It's exciting to discuss with other fans how these shows end and try to make sense together what's going on each episode (y)

Anything about Egypt and the Pyramids.
The travel channel
The food network
Photography
Underwater exploration documentaries
Space explorations
Rocks, stones, and gems
Geometric shapes around the world
Spiritually (not so much from the realm of “God”, the Bible or any scriptures but more on the oneness and Mother Nature)
Music

Last edited:
53595BC9-CA39-4172-8D8B-CC2E3E294DB6.jpeg
Star Wars
Lotr

This double sunset scene from Star Wars still gives me the shivers!

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www....r-system-stellar-encounter/amp/?source=images

This article is interesting to read..

Anime- I like original/ealry series (uc 0079-0083) Gundam stuff, Macross, and Ghibli too.

Gaming computers- I dont really play anymore, but I can build a mean system that performs and looks sexy too for a reasonable price.

Fantasy/ movies and books - Game of Thrones and Blade Runner.

Music - any type of music that can move me or give me goose bumps (im one of those types). Im a low budget audiophile too.

I'm looking for places that sell old tube amplifiers (audio - not guitar) have yet to find a place that has them and for reasonable prices...
There used to be a great place near Kanda river that only sells tube amps and assembly kits at a good price range. I need to remember the name though...

1) Mixed martial arts — It has steadily evolved into a distinct discipline all its own over the past two to three decades. MMA competition started out as a means to test how one form of martial arts fared against another, such as Judo versus Karate. Then it was about how an elite practioner of one discipline matches with an elite expert from another discipline.
Today, a range of techniques derived from the different martial arts disciplines make up a toolbox that is used by an MMA fighter in a particular match. For example, an MMA fighter can start with a boxing technique to set up his offense. Depending on how his opponent reacts, he could segue to stand-up Muay Thai striking techniques with the elbows or knees, or do a wrestler’s double-leg takedown so he can beat him up on the canvas.

2) Music — I listened to a variety of music growing up. Family reunions always had relatives who brought their favorite vinyl 45s and LP records to play at our house. Lovely times, really. I miss them all.
We played jazz, pop, rock, soul, country, classical and even gospel music. That shaped how I learned to appreciate all kinds of music in my travels. The internet has allowed me to broaden my musical education.

Reactions: Simonka
I am going to gift you that costume during our meeting but there’s is one problem. It will not be bulletproof .
Our meeting? 0_o’ Thank you very much. Thank god it’s illegal to use guns in Japan!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Building and flying RC planes, drones. Making cool stuff with programming. Star gazing, planets, galaxies. Artificial intelligence robots.
Wanted to add more :D
Rockets, Flying Cars, Spaceships, Living on different planets.

At whole different level “Rick and Morty” \m/

Last edited:
Building and flying RC planes, drones. Making cool stuff with programming. Star gazing, planets, galaxies. Artificial intelligence robots.
Have you watched year million? It’s a documentary about a distant future where robots take over and humans are trying to adapt in different ways.

Reactions: Beginner
Thank god it’s illegal to use guns in Japan!

That is not very accurate. Hunting with shotguns and even rifles is perfectly legal. It's the handguns that are almost totally prohibited.

Which reminds me that I do geek over all firearms.

That is not very accurate. Hunting with shotguns and even rifles is perfectly legal. It's the handguns that are almost totally prohibited.

Cool. That reminds me of Neo.

Reactions: MikeH

Do you fantasize about possessing one of these babes and shouting out “get off my land” to strangers? :D

Reactions: MikeH
Do you fantasize about possessing one of these babes and shouting out “get off my land” to strangers? :D

I have shot most of the guns in the video and own several too so that's a fantasy come true already. And I don't do warnings.

il_340x270.589611204_cfrg.jpg

Reactions: Simonka
Shows like American Pickers and Pawn Stars. Pawn Stars not so much recently though as everything seems kind of staged. In the beginning it was more “reality”.

Heading to recycle shops is always fun. I don’t buy much but just like to walk around and maybe find that one of a kind deal.

When I was younger I collected baseball and basketball cards. I pick up an occasional pack now and then but the prices nowadays are ridiculous. I hate to admit this but sometimes I watch clips of guys opening packs on YouTube.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Shows like American Pickers and Pawn Stars. Pawn Stars not so much recently though as everything seems kind of staged. In the beginning it was more “reality”.

Heading to recycle shops is always fun. I don’t buy much but just like to walk around and maybe find that one of a kind deal.

When I was younger I collected baseball and basketball cards. I pick up an occasional pack now and then but the prices nowadays are ridiculous. I hate to admit this but sometimes I watch clips of guys opening packs on YouTube.

Pawn Stars has been staged for years. The cast members are usually not in the store, they are out signing autographs and meeting fans. They only stop in the shop to do the show. American Pickers is great, and recently they were in the town I grew up in recording for next season.