What do you call an adult goods shop in Japanese?

injp

TAG Member
Reaction score
What is the proper name for an adult goods store, with sex toys and things like that?

For example if I am in a random Japanese city looking for such a store, what should I search for?

アダルトグッズ の店 or 大人のおもちゃの店 are the more common ones.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thank you. But I am not finding anything by those names in Matsumoto, Nagano.

But maybe there is no adults goods shop in Matsumoto, as sad and despairing as it is
I remember (from decades ago) that local regulations relating to Love Hotels and the sex industry were a bit special in Nagano. Someone told me that the prefecture's desire to be known for education meant that it had somewhat puritanical local regulations. How the regulation of sex businesses relates to education is beyond me.

I remember (from decades ago) that local regulations relating to Love Hotels and the sex industry were a bit special in Nagano. Someone told me that the prefecture's desire to be known for education meant that it had somewhat puritanical local regulations. How the regulation of sex businesses relates to education is beyond me.

This is very true. The governor 20-30 years back was very down on any kind of adult business. Even today, most places have nothing but delivery - there's a handful of pink salons in Nagano city in the area around Gondo, that's about it for brick and mortar.

Just go to Don Quixote. It's the only chain store across Japan that might have adult goods.