Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Team sports, sports club, fitness classes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Hiking, camping, climbing and other outdoor activities

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Massive amounts of sex

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
Little do those women know that not only am I staring at their asses and enjoying it very much, but sometimes when I need to turn up the speed and clock some faster intervals, I channel my inner rapist and pretend I'm chasing the bitch down. I catch up to her, but pass her, put about a quarter mile between us then take it easy for a bit and let her catch up, then do it all over again.
So it’s been a while but I was running on the treadmill today and was tiring early on and then thought to myself ‘let’s channel my inner sukebe and chase this ass in short shorts running on the treadmill in front of me.’ Well, I ended up going faster and farther than I would’ve if not for that motivation.

I guess being a little bit of a perv does a body good. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So I started Christmas Day with a bottle of wine. Then when my wife's family came around we got through another three bottles, of which I probably had the lion's share. Then I started on another bottle of wine at about 1am, finishing at 2am. And then at midday the next day I went to the gym I hit 140kg squat (about 10kg off my PR), 165kg deadlift (the heaviest I've ever lifted) and 100kg bench (the first time in about a year of old man shoulder problems). At about 85kg bodyweight, which is fatter than I have been for years. Which feels like a fitting way to see the year out.

I mean, it is not going to set the powerlifting world on fire, but I felt like it's a pretty good total for a guy in his 40s who drinks way too much.

Now I just need to go on a fucking diet.

Just wanted to say.

Lots of good posts and useful information on this thread.

Let me add the perspective of someone in the 60+ age bracket. As you get older it gets harder to keep the extra pounds off, particularly in your gut area. I’m big on the intermittent fasting approach; I generally do one meal a day with lots of liquids during the rest of the day. I drink diluted unsweetened cranberry juice. 5-6 glasses per day.

For exercise I do abs 4-5 times per week and weights 3 times per week. I don’t do as much cardio as I should, but do get in 10,000 steps per day.

I concur with others who point to the importance of adequate sleep. My challenge is that I travel quite a bit for business, mainly back and forth between Asia and the U.S. which leaves me in an almost constant state of jet lag. I’ve figured out a way to manage it (combination of drugs during the first couple of nights and being strategic about how much I sleep on the transpacific flights).

Fortunately junior still works without need for any pharmaceutical assistance but I tend to limit myself to shorter sessions as multiple pops aren’t always in the cards.

A lengthy way of saying to you youngins that it is indeed important to take good care of your body and even more so as you get older, particularly if you want to be able to continue to perform and to enjoy sex in your later years.

Lots of good posts and useful information on this thread.

Let me add the perspective of someone in the 60+ age bracket. As you get older it gets harder to keep the extra pounds off, particularly in your gut area. I’m big on the intermittent fasting approach; I generally do one meal a day with lots of liquids during the rest of the day. I drink diluted unsweetened cranberry juice. 5-6 glasses per day.

For exercise I do abs 4-5 times per week and weights 3 times per week. I don’t do as much cardio as I should, but do get in 10,000 steps per day.

I concur with others who point to the importance of adequate sleep. My challenge is that I travel quite a bit for business, mainly back and forth between Asia and the U.S. which leaves me in an almost constant state of jet lag. I’ve figured out a way to manage it (combination of drugs during the first couple of nights and being strategic about how much I sleep on the transpacific flights).

Fortunately junior still works without need for any pharmaceutical assistance but I tend to limit myself to shorter sessions as multiple pops aren’t always in the cards.

A lengthy way of saying to you youngins that it is indeed important to take good care of your body and even more so as you get older, particularly if you want to be able to continue to perform and to enjoy sex in your later years.

A good way to fight jetlag is to land in the morning and have a session at a soapland in the late afternoon with no nap during the day: you get a good night of sleep after such a day and you synchronize rapidly to Japan time. If it does not work on the first night, have another session (or two) the next day and it will definitely work :) and no drug needed :p

It's been a few months but with the Corona virus locking us in, I've managed to break the 190 barrier for the first time in over 15 years. 85.5kg to be exact. Hope to lose a few more before settling in and restart some weight lifting to tone up the loose stuff....