What Do You Miss Most About Being A Kid?

playing football in the streets after school with friends
the long hollydays
not being concerned about the future

Reactions: MissInsomnia
I miss having nothing to do. I remember having that feeling many many times when I was a little kid: "what should I do, there is nothing to do!". Nowadays there is always so much shit to do that even if you skip sleep altogether you will never have time to be bored. And being bored is essential to really thinking.

Exploring outside from end of school till dark, Nickelodeon on Saturday mornings, pretending to be WWF (when it was called WWF) wrestlers, Skateboarding on anything we could find, making home made firecrackers, riding bikes on anything or anywhere, not paying bills, mix tapes, first kisses, first everythings, catching frogs, playing legos.

funny+lego+meme.jpg

Being unburdened, just enjoying life for what it is, without knowing what it was.

I was in Tokyo when I experienced a return to that innocence.

For the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself - so like a brother really - I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again.

pretending to be WWF (when it was called WWF) wrestlers
OMG who did you like?

I was so in love with Shawn Michaels. When i was 13, i even sent him a love letter. That was actually a poem. That rhymed. One of the biggest regrets of my life is that i didn't keep a copy of it, i'm sure that looking at it when i feel down would instantly provoke an intense fit of laughter and cheer me up :LOL:
I also loved Diesel very much.

I was so in love with Shawn Michaels.
Kane. complete bad ass. He almost got eliminated more than Shawn Michaels, but Shawn was still the lead.

I also would love pretending to be undertaker and would roll back my eyes and pretend to fuck shit up.

Reactions: User#6541
Mid to late twenties. I have my life exactly as I want it. Unlikely to change.
Just curious, what do you imagine your life will be like when you are fifty?

I mean, unless you live fast, die young and leave a beautiful corpse.

I miss how when something was wrong, mom or dad could somehow make it all better.

playing legos.

In my late 40s I can now afford any LEGO set I couldn't back then. Sometimes I still play with LEGO. Just wish I had more time to do so.

Unlikely to change.

Good luck with that. If me now could talk to me in my 20s, I bet the younger me would be a bit surprised.

Reactions: Simonka
Sigh. I understand that things might have changed for you and many others and I do not deny that there is a chance that things might change for me too, but please do consider that I have wanted a life similar to this since I was young - more than a decade. I've also been living it now for a few years and found it as enjoyable as I imagined.

Essentially what I am trying to say is, please don't make sweeping assumptions about someone you haven't even met. It's true that we can't predict the future, but things can go both ways - they might equally end up even closer to my fantasy life than further from it.
With a decade more of life experience than @User#16452 (a bit more actually...), I share the absolute lack of regret of my childhood.
A mixed of two factors.
A boring (but not sad or bad) childhood, and a life I love now.
I'm so happy to have left the "security feeling" of my childhood as such feeling was at the cost of my mental freedom.
I'm pretty sure I won't miss anything in twenty years.
Of course, in my deathbed, I could suddenly prefer to be a kid than a dying man, but this is an extreme case... :barefoot::barefoot::eek::oops:

OMG who did you like?

I was so in love with Shawn Michaels. When i was 13, i even sent him a love letter. That was actually a poem. That rhymed. One of the biggest regrets of my life is that i didn't keep a copy of it, i'm sure that looking at it when i feel down would instantly provoke an intense fit of laughter and cheer me up :LOL:
I also loved Diesel very much.

I was an avid fan of the trish-chris jericho- christian-lita story line. Ughh! I was crazy for them. Serious obssession. Deep down I knew it was scripted but I keep on denying it on myself. That was 2004, i was fourth grader. 9 years old :D

I love being an adult. I don't miss my childhood. To speak with the words of Pumpkin in memoirs of a geisha: "i'd rather eat sand than go back to all that!"

I do miss the relationship with my parents and the fun things we have done together. Its different if you don't live with them and don't depend on them anymore.