What exactly counts as gaijin busting?

dunno... I had a moral dilemma once when I went to a SL without a gaijin tax and the provider confided in me that she finds foreigners to be rough and didn't feel safe. She said the shop forces her to see foreigners against her wishes and she was looking for another place.
I won't go to that particular shop anymore is my moral dilemma.
But you don't have the moral dilemma of seeing her multiple times to show that there are good gaijins out there? smh

The area I'm trying to monger at is Hokkaido, not Tokyo. 99% of the reviews here have gaijin tax and even an extra first time gaijin tax just to fuck with people. The only one I could find was for an esute, so probably better for me to just quit and enjoy Sapporo ramen
This is the best play. Susukino is a good playground only if you're Japanese, otherwise you'll get stiffed with the tax

I've been told at a shop that the extra went to the provider as a thank you for seeing foreigners. I generally don't mind a 5000 yen upcharge if it's truly an incentive to what would otherwise be unwelcoming shops.
Depends very much on the shop. I think gaijin tax originally started as an initiative to get more girls to accept foreign clients and it would all go to the girls.
Nowadays it widely varies and it’s hard to tell.
I wonder who the money goes to with things like City Heaven Traveler? Broker and advertiser costs more than to the actual shop and the girl I guess.

This is the best play. Susukino is a good playground only if you're Japanese, otherwise you'll get stiffed with the tax
Even Japanese people complain that it’s the same prices as Tokyo but that Tokyo has better girls on average.

Reactions: Cinnabums
It's very unlikely that you're going to avoid a gaijin tax. But you should check the prices on the website (especially if there are any deals), and if they try to charge you extra for being a foreigner, try to negotiate, otherwise reject the extra fee and leave.

Depends very much on the shop. I think gaijin tax originally started as an initiative to get more girls to accept foreign clients and it would all go to the girls.
Nowadays it widely varies and it’s hard to tell.
I wonder who the money goes to with things like City Heaven Traveler? Broker and advertiser costs more than to the actual shop and the girl I guess.

Yeah it definitely chokes up demand as punters all over are well educated on the choices. Saw a Don Juan provider who said she only sees 10-20% of foreign clients, but for Kaoru is almost 100% foreign clients. That’s what you get for a 20k gaijin tax.

I don’t see it as anything moral - value is subjective. It’s a free market and you choose your shops. As you can see on TAG some of us will pay it, some of us won’t. I pay it for providers I want to see, and where I know at least 50% goes to the girl. Win-win!

I don’t see it as anything moral - value is subjective. It’s a free market and you choose your shops. As you can see on TAG some of us will pay it, some of us won’t. I pay it for providers I want to see, and where I know at least 50% goes to the girl. Win-win!
It's hard to see it as a moral problem when it's nothing lost. It's just nothing extra gained out of thin air because we were born in the wrong country

Reactions: hanito

On a personal level it is a just a decision based on value...but because it is a free market, it has broader effects. The more people are willing to pay extra, the more shops will implement it or even raise prices for gaijins. It was pretty obvious when 2023 a lot of shop raised their gaijin tax and now a handfull of shops charge ridiculous 20k (or even more). This only happened because people didn't think twice.

Reactions: MikeH
Also right now, the yen is very weak making the Gaijin tax easier to swallow for foreign tourists. If the yen appreciates to normal levels, I dont think as many foreign punters will be paying it (however the increase in local demand probably will make up for it).