What games are you looking forward to within the next 6 months?

C4ssandra

TAG Member
Reaction score
My wishlist and description seems to attract gentlemen who work in IT. I'm not going to lie...developers, UX/UI designers, network engineers etc are probably my favorite dates. It's nice to get a birds eye view of the field even if I'm not very hands on myself.

A lot of conversations end up heading in this direction so I thought I'd reach out for a general consensus; what game are you most excited for?

Some hot upcoming titles I can think of off the top of my head:
*Death Stranding
*Cyperpunk
*FF VII Remake

I'm personally really excited for No More Heroes 3 and Elder Scrolls 6...if it ever does actually come out.

I just reserved the double pack of Pokemon Sword & Shield today but I have mixed feelings about it. I feel like the gameplay we've been shown is pretty subpar given the Switch's capabilities, plus the lack of a national dex combined with the flimsy excuse of unique battle animations (which are also disappointing) has me less than thrilled.

However, I've never msised a release so I'm definitely falling prey to its powerful nostalgia. Hopefully there will be a lot of great features to the game they've been keeping under wraps...?

Anyway, what are you all looking forward to?

Just keeping up with head games is plenty for me.

High hopes for Cyberpunk. I'll definitely get RDR2 for PC once the price drops. Not a new title but the upcoming Ace Combat 7 DLC or anything related to that franchise is something I'm always looking forward to.

Yeah I'm also a serial game-unfinisher. Still need to get through Persona 5, MHW, Catherine (Full Body), Witcher 3.

Perhaps I should hold off on getting anything new for awhile but I can't help myself

I used to finish long games, but now I just don't have the time. Long, content and story rich games were my favourites, but now I also have games like the Witcher 3 and a huge list of others just sitting there, never to be played. It's sad.

I pretty much spend what little game time I get in Red Dead Redemption II ... story and online mode. Not really paying attention to what’s coming, at least not right now.

I've gone away from console games. Games via mobile are getting better and better. Currently playing Mario Kart, LifeAfter, and Clash Royale. Debating on Mortal Kombat as it takes a lot of space. A friend plays it and he said it's very good.

I'm personally really excited for No More Heroes 3 and Elder Scrolls 6...if it ever does actually come out.
I think ES6 would be great (if/when they get around to it) as long as they release a VR version of it. Actually moving around Tamriel in VR is amazing, even with the lesser graphics of VR.

I’m playing this game called certification renewal lecture. Graphics are pretty good but damn, gameplay is slow. Seems like one long badly written cutscene.

I’m playing this game called certification renewal lecture. Graphics are pretty good but damn, gameplay is slow. Seems like one long badly written cutscene.

Very little nudity on those too.

Very little nudity on those too.
On the bright side, level cleared and I can once again produce paperwork to strike fear into the hearts of the proletariat.

Yeah I'm also a serial game-unfinisher. Still need to get through Persona 5, MHW, Catherine (Full Body), Witcher 3.

Perhaps I should hold off on getting anything new for awhile but I can't help myself

Used to be the same - have a stack of unfinished PS3 and Xbox 360 games that I never got around to finishing before I got too busy with work/both my consoles died/eventually lost interest in gaming.

Then recently started slowly getting back into it by finally finishing Breath of the Wild and now getting into Skyrim (and all the ways it can be modded) which itself is taking up pretty much all of what little gaming time I have to spare. ;)

So for me, it would be the Breath of the Wild sequel that Nintendo teased recently, and Elder Scrolls VI (if it ever comes out in my lifetime). :LOL:

Cyberpunk looks awesome so I hope it delivers.

Right now though I'm still trying to chew through a massive backlog of games. It's slowed down by the fact that I tend to replay games I really like several times.

Reactions: Negi77
I don't have anything specific that I am looking forward to, but I am currently spending far too much time in Rust.

Used to be the same - have a stack of unfinished PS3 and Xbox 360 games that I never got around to finishing before I got too busy with work/both my consoles died/eventually lost interest in gaming.

Then recently started slowly getting back into it by finally finishing Breath of the Wild and now getting into Skyrim (and all the ways it can be modded) which itself is taking up pretty much all of what little gaming time I have to spare. ;)
Sounds like me. Work getting in the way of gaming. Skyrim is actually what brought me back into gaming (what little time I actually have to game).

Reactions: AMcguyver
Sounds like me. Work getting in the way of gaming. Skyrim is actually what brought me back into gaming (what little time I actually have to game).

Skyrim is getting way too addictive for me.;)
After running up against the 5GB mod limit on Xbone, I'm seriously considering putting together a gaming pc (Haven't built one since the 90s :oldman::LOL:) just to see what a fully modded Skyrim experience would be.

I'm just amazed at the amount and creativity of some of these mods - having Sofia/Recorder/Lydia & Mjoll in chainmail bikinis armed with lightsabers and semi-automatic crossbows running amuck in a dungeon or bandit camp is a sight to behold. :ROFLMAO:

Cyberpunk looks very promising and a bit overwhelming at the same time. Considering how big Witcher 3 is, I think it will take a while to finish.
For some games I'm a bit old school and like good old Starcraft/Warcraft lore. Warcraft 3: Reforged was announced to be released before the end of this year.

I also play Hearhstone from time to time, but since it requires a lot of grinding I usually limit it to few rounds a day.

Apart from that, I also enjoy games with more realism around physics, spaceflight and orbital mechanics, thus I really like games like Kerbal Space Program.
Kerbal Space Program 2 should take it to the next level.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Are we allowed to look forward to expansions? If so, I am looking forward to the expansion for Fire in the Lake...

I also enjoy games with more realism around physics, spaceflight and orbital mechanics, thus I really like games like Kerbal Space Program.
Kerbal Space Program 2 should take it to the next level.

I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this game before. Definitely want to check it out now. :)