What is the right English word for “ローション”

Nikkei Guy

TAG Member
Reaction score
So I was in Yoshiwara a couple of months back and the provider was asking me to teach her some English like “lay down on your stomach” or “turn over please”.

So she asked the correct English for lotion. I guess a lot of first time customers ask what it is. In the US, lotion is body cream to moisturize not to have Nuru Nuru play. I told her jelly or gel might be the right word. I thought of slime, but most people probably would not be thrilled to have a slime massage. So just wondering what other people might call it.

So is there even lotion in other countries. I know of KY jelly but that is more a lubricant than something you would rub over your body.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I thought it's just called nuru gel.
This reminds me. the soapland girl i saw also asked me how to say many things in English. There's still some words/phrases google translate doesnt do well.

Technically speaking it would be lube, but it doesn't fit with other commercial types of lube in how it is made and feels. Like sushi is an English word now, nuru gel should be too IMO.

Yeah, I told her that most guys that come to soapland would probably understand Nuru gel. I was just wondering if there was a specific term used by anyone.

The word lotion in Japanese can be used for a variety of things: Gel, Lube, face toners, waters or essence. You can find your own translation depending on the consistency (is it sticky? Or watery?) and purpose of your lotion.