What music do you like to listen to?

I’ve been feeling a bit restless about this young lady who has become my A-number-one date. I really like her, but it’s complicated. So I needed to hear the words of the late, great Tom Petty to slap some sense into me.

I was talking with a friend of mine
Said a woman had hurt his pride
Told him that she loved him so
And turned around and let him go
Then he said, you better watch your step
Or your gonna get hurt yourself
Someone's gonna tell you lies
Cut you down to size.

Don't do me like that
Don't do me like that
What if I love you baby?
Don't do me like that.

Listening to the Beat Farmers and Country Dick Montana tonight. Real shame that Dick died so young, the Beat Farmers had a lot of potential.

I’m back on my Steely Dan kick.
Here’s a clip from the two guest spots of the band — led by Donald Fagen and the late Walter Becker — on the Late Show with David Letterman.
First song here is “Josie”, about a neighbourhood party girl, from their epic album AJA.
The other is the sly charmer “Cousin Dupree”, about a young girl pursued by her deadbeat relative, from the album TWO AGAINST NATURE.

The Weeknd with Daft Punk

Not bad but... is it just me or this guy is just some kind of MJ new version ? (Voice-wise at least)

Reactions: Majestyk
Yes, The Weeknd — Abel Makkonen Tesfaye — does sound like MJ.

I was introduced to his music by a millennial ex-colleague one enchanted evening. (I never date anyone I’m still working with).

Check out “Can’t Feel My Face”.

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
All the misery was necessary when we're deep in love
This I know, girl, I know

Reactions: Frenchy
Yes, The Weeknd — Abel Makkonen Tesfaye — does sound like MJ.

I was introduced to his music by a millennial ex-colleague one enchanted evening. (I never date anyone I’m still working with).

Check out “Can’t Feel My Face”.

And I know she'll be the death of me, at least we'll both be numb
And she'll always get the best of me, the worst is yet to come
All the misery was necessary when we're deep in love
This I know, girl, I know

Thanks... thats one ancillary good thing with meeting SBs, I get to listen to new stuff ... most of which I think is shite but sometimes there are good surprises :)

Reactions: Majestyk
I was feeling a bit pensive this afternoon, even when I was at the gym. I learned my favourite lady was down with a fever, a day before a scheduled trip.
I wanted to nurse her back to health, but I live on the other side of the world from where she is.
So I started listening to this beautiful cover of “See You Again” by American singer Madilyn Bailey. Made me feel better.

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again

Reactions: Ken1988 and Frenchy
Lets get ultra-cheesy with some good old hair-and-spandex 80s metal...

Reactions: Sudsy
That's a pretty bold statement. :p
Wendy O. Williams would have taken top spot if she hadn’t have succumbed to her demons.

Reactions: Sudsy

Reactions: Ken1988 and Frenchy
For kitsch and steamy old French pop... can’t beat Gainsbourg and Birkin...

Reactions: Ken1988
Thank the heavens!
I survived a day of surprise visits from both friends and co-workers, all of whom brought plenty of good food to share. On my end, I had to make sure my stash of wine would be more than enough for this bit of jolly.
So we’re winding down now. The cheese and fruits are out, as well as some nice bottles of Sauternes and port. Life is beautiful.
And playing on the background are some tunes from The Manhattan Transfer, including “Soul Food To Go”.

Ooo ooo ah
This be-bop's too much
I know you know
Hip hop
Never stop
I'll pour you tasty funk
We got
Cool and hot
Just for you
The pleasures of the soul
Come on
Come in
And check it out
Ooo c'est si bon

When you’re the greatest rock band in history, but your frontman is fading away each day and you do him one last favor by playing a song about his cat... Delilah by Queen

LZ’s Bring it on home and When the levee breaks at my favorite Golden Gai dive...
Original vinyls, perfect sound... life’s good!
Barman saw Page & Plant at Budokan back in the days, I’m so jealous
CF5B8345-2734-4325-AE5A-CD0B48372702.jpeg

LZ’s Bring it on home and When the levee breaks at my favorite Golden Gai dive...
Original vinyls, perfect sound... life’s good!
Barman saw Page & Plant at Budokan back in the days, I’m so jealous
View attachment 11834
Need to stop there one of these days