What'cha Eatin'??

ShowaJidai

Been here too long
Reaction score
So what are you guys having for lunch/dinner today?

I just finished a plate of Carnitas Tacos. Carnitas is made from a chunk of pork boiled in water with chiles, garlic, orange slices, and other spices for 6 to 8 hours until the water boils off and the shredded pork then fries in the rendered fat. I had some leftover in the freezer and whipped it up with some Frijoles Negro (black beans).

This morning I dry rubbed a rack of ribs and pressure cooked it for the BBQ later this afternoon. The local market had corn on the cob so that's going on the grill too. They also had asparagus - so I picked up some to wrap in bacon for the grill. I'll be mixing up Margaritas and putting that in the freezer with the blender to have frozen Margaritas with dinner.

Life is good.

I just finished a plate of Carnitas Tacos. Carnitas is made from a chunk of pork boiled in water with chiles, garlic, orange slices, and other spices for 6 to 8 hours until the water boils off and the shredded pork then fries in the rendered fat. I had some leftover in the freezer and whipped it up with some Frijoles Negro (black beans).

This morning I dry rubbed a rack of ribs and pressure cooked it for the BBQ later this afternoon. The local market had corn on the cob so that's going on the grill too. They also had asparagus - so I picked up some to wrap in bacon for the grill. I'll be mixing up Margaritas and putting that in the freezer with the blender to have frozen Margaritas with dinner.

Life is good.

Sounds delicious. Carnitas are one of my favorites, perhaps even more so than carne asada for tacos. And ribs... very nice. With that corn I would have liked to make some elote.

For lunch I had sushi. Good but nothing to write home about. For dinner I had pizza and wings accompanied by an ice cold coke. It's been a while since I had pizza so it hit the spot. Now I'm fitting to start pounding whiskey and finish paperwork.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland

Life is good.

Sounds damn good! I'm coming to your place for dinner. Don't worry I'll BMOB.

So much fancier than my lunch... I got some gluten free pasta with a vegetable/coconut milk sauce. Have enough for dinner too.

Lunch? On Sunday? Are you even people?

I just woke up. But those tacos sound like they would be great for breakfast, so any leftovers @ShowaJidai ?

With two young kids I don't have a lot of choice. Sometimes on a Sunday I get to sleep in to almost 7:00. Other days I'm usually up at 5:30 to either go for a run or alternatively hit my ghetto "home gym".

Sometimes on a Sunday I get to sleep in to almost 7:00. Other days I'm usually up at 5:30

You should sell that line to a condom commercial.

It is true that I was in bed very early, and many times, yesterday night but I went to sleep only around 7:00. And in a totally different bed. :confused:

Sounds nice, guyz!
For yesterday, a sandwich, fami chicki from family mart. After an appointment, I bought some great salad stuff and vietnam noodle from green guroumet for dinner. I just love it so much. It's bit pricey, but will be a good treat. You can find it at Atre shop. After late night appoiontment, I was feeling hungry, so bought some stuff from convini again.

Not so healthy eating habit, I guess!!!

Yuriko-chan, Too bad. I could have made lunch for you. Home alone today which hasn't happened in years. I guess you could have come over for dinner but I'm not sure how I would explain my "new friend" to my wife and kids.

Yuriko-chan, Too bad. I could have made lunch for you. Home alone today which hasn't happened in years. I guess you could have come over for dinner but I'm not sure how I would explain my "new friend" to my wife and kids.

Thank you for your kind offer. I do have bbbj with meal programme, just incase you're interested! (^_-)And I'm busy today with appoiontments, as well. One turned out prank. Going another one, now.

Yuriko-chan, Oh, I have noticed that option before and have been considering it. But today would just have been as friends - I would just feed you an authentic Mexican lunch and nothing else would happen. You wouldn't even have to stay long.

I didn't realize your weekends were so busy.

Last edited:
Yuriko-chan, Oh, I have noticed that option before and have been considering it. But today would just have been as friends - I would just feed you an authentic Mexican lunch and nothing else would happen. You wouldn't even have to stay long.

I didn't realize your weekends were so busy.

Maybe guyz would want that? (^_-)
Maybe in your dreams! (*^_^*) Thank you.

Family had rice and curry tonight, prepared by none others than me: carrots, onions, potatoes, beef in curry souce. I give myself an A-, well done!

I love rice and curry. Growing up I never had an interest in curry, then a friend shoved a plate in front of me and now it's joined the list of things I will have random cravings for.

Today I had a boring egg salad sandwich and a bag of chips, courtesy of my works lame ass food service.

Tried the level 4 spiced tonkotsu ramen at a popular spot in Honolulu (spice levels range from 1 to WTF).

Glad I didn't go for the top spice level cause this ramen hurt me.

Twice. :dead:

I love rice and curry. Growing up I never had an interest in curry, then a friend shoved a plate in front of me and now it's joined the list of things I will have random cravings for.

Today I had a boring egg salad sandwich and a bag of chips, courtesy of my works lame ass food service.
I just recently discovered curry.
I thought i'd hate it because it sometimes looks like vomit, but i noticed that put in a bowl (not plate type) with some nice garlic naan to drip in it, its quite nice.

I just recently discovered curry.

I actually LOLled to that. I always thought curry is a Japanese thing, just like many Japanese people think too, as I got my first ones in here. And then as a student I pretty much proceeded to live the next year with curry alone.

And I don't mean just every day, but some days three times per day. Breakfast rice and curry from heat bag at home, lunch rice and curry at university restaurant and dinner rice and curry at a local cheap restaurant before going home.

I like cooking when I have time. Last comment I reported some bought items, but today, I cooked fried veggies× fried pork on the top of somen noodles! It tasted so yummy! I ate it on my own...
It's nice to cook for sometimes!

Photos are how I prepared. I do multi task. I cook and wash at the same time, so that after I finished eating, I only have a pan and a dish I ate with, to be washed.

Attachments

• IMG_8752.JPG
    IMG_8752.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8760.JPG
    IMG_8760.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I do multi task. I cook and wash at the same time, so that after I finished eating, I only have a pan and a dish I ate with, to be washed.

Sounds just like my wife :eek:

I usually get scolded for the mountain of dishes that result from me cooking anything. So I don't do it often. Anyways, that dish looks really good.

I watched What the Health and my ass went full vegan for 2 weeks just to see what will happen. Today I can say I didn't know what to do, so I had 2 beers in the morning along with some junk food, and my caloric intake is close to 2000 so I am pretty much done for today, probably will eat some nuts or fruit to fight hunger.

Sounds just like my wife :eek:

I usually get scolded for the mountain of dishes that result from me cooking anything. So I don't do it often. Anyways, that dish looks really good.

Thanks! It was good :D
I understand your wife's feeling so much on that point!!I hate mountain piled up dishes in the sink, after cocking. You get overwhelmed and ended up you procrastinate washing, is the worst and most likely in general cases, I guess.

Last edited: