Guest viewing is limited

Where to donate for the flooding victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

User#8628

TAG Member
Reaction score
I know i’m late with this but better late than never i suppose.
I know there are several places at supermarkets and yakushos where you can donate money but does anyone know some sites where you can donate by credit/debit card that spend the money well?

And is there anything else than money thats wanted and where to donate it (i have a lot of things lying around at my appartment).

Maybe we can encourage each other to help out ^^

I don’t know about Japan, but i’ve heard some pretty bad things about international Red Cross. The stories are a bit vague but it sounded like very little money ended up actually with the victims in some other places.

I don’t know about Japan, but i’ve heard some pretty bad things about international Red Cross. The stories are a bit vague but it sounded like very little money ended up actually with the victims in some other places.

JRC has good reputation. It’s usually one of the officially designated organizations to collect donations on behalf of a prefectural government. For example in Okayama,
www.pref.okayama.jp/page/469974.html

The problem is that they usually don’t accept credit cards...

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I don’t know about Japan, but i’ve heard some pretty bad things about international Red Cross.

I actually knew several people who worked for Red Cross back in Europe. Let's just say they didn't stay long and none of them gives any money to RC anymore.

I’ve heard some pretty bad things about international Red Cross. The stories are a bit vague but it sounded like very little money ended up actually with the victims in some other places.

All the big international ‘charities’ are actually businesses. They have big gleaming offices, the numerous directors get paid similar salaries to bankers and travel first class and stay at the best hotels. Perhaps, 10 percent of the money makes it to people in need.

The purpose of such organizations is to make middle class people feel like they are ‘helping’ the great unwashed. Also it gives them the chance to improve their own public image by bragging about it on the Internet.

People who really care usually get involved in grassroots organizations and don’t feel the need to brag about it on the Internet.

Reactions: Wwanderer and MikeH
And is there anything else than money thats wanted and where to donate it (i have a lot of things lying around at my apartment

Just in case anyone thinks this is good idea, if you decide to offload your junk to charities it will be a burden for the charity. Assuming your junk doesn't consist of gold coins, charities will need to dispose of the items you 'kindly' donate costing them time and possibility disposal fees too. I think this is commonsense but a reminder is needed.

You really want to help? Go there and put in some time and hard work.

Honestly I don’t think MY body power is gonna help anyone, haha.

I’m sure they could find a role for anyone who was serious about helping. Volunteers come in all shapes and ages. Usually with these operations there are a bunch of 80 year old obasans dishing out rice and keeping everything clean and tidy.

Making mildly amusing comments on the Interwebs is more fun than making an actual effort to help though!

Reactions: just4fun
I’m sure they could find a role for anyone who was serious about helping. Volunteers come in all shapes and ages. Usually with these operations there are a bunch of 80 year old obasans dishing out rice and keeping everything clean and tidy.

Making mildly amusing comments on the Interwebs is more fun than making an actual effort to help though!

This is generally true. There are cases where volunteers end up making more work though.

I believe soon the middle-aged Japanese couple will be looking for volunteers for their annual ‘Bukkake on the Beach Fest”. It is the only time certain TAG members have the motivation to ‘volunteer’.

Reactions: MikeH and just4fun
I know I will look again like an asshole here (cause I’m probably one anyway) but I won’t give anything. Not that I dont think they deserve help, they do, but I’m sure they will get more than needed. The Japanese tend to be quite generous when natural disasters occur. Less so for causes like homeless people , or shelter dogs. So I give to those, in priority.

Less so for causes like homeless people , or shelter dogs. So I give to those, in priority.

The only thing I give money voluntarily is to stray cats. (*)(**)

That way I can tell I use all my money to pussy.

(*) We all get to support the recovery from the earthquake by an extra tax.
(**) Though I don't know if the cats appreciate too much; on average every month my funds get one cat separated with her womb and three snipped.

Reactions: Frenchy
How about this crazy idea. Create a Women of TAG calendar and or book with TAG independent providers in a state of dress and undress. For example, sexy lingerie, etc and sell it online to us horny bastards and donate the proceeds to help the flood victims. It's a win-win situation, lol. I'd definitely pay to see Alice, Manami, Simonka, etc au natural since I can't be in Japan all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.