Which hotel to stay?

naru

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a hotel to stay where the provider can come to my room. Also maybe one that has a larger room :).

Thanks!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
So don't go to rental room, it's super tiny as well as price! Also place of hotel ?there are tons for that almost everywhere...

Up to $500 USD, but ideally want to spend $250~.

Priority
1. Lady's Access / large
2. Convenient place to site see for 1 day

On expedia looking for these hotel...

The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
The Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo
Hotel Okura Tokyo
Oakwood Premier Tokyo
New Otani Tokyo Exclusive House ZEN

But really, I can go anywhere.

Priority
1. Lady's Access / large

Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
Hotel Okura Tokyo
Oakwood Premier Tokyo

I think they are all pretty good. As for convience for travel though, maybe Shibuya is a good location so that would be the Celurean Tower.
Shinjuku is also a good location and has some hotels like Keio Plaza and the Hilton (although this Hilton isn't a very good one i think). Granbell in Shinjuku is also interesting.

The other hotels are located to the smaller subway stations, which are a little bit harder to get around from. The hotels in Shinagawa like the Prince Sakura Tower are near a major train station but the area itself is pretty remote and not fun.

Hitlon of Shinjuku sucks and wifi cost like 1500yens per day....come on, the Hilton is not enable to give you free wifi ? Moreover, not closed from the station.
You can go to the hotel of kabukicho where you have Godzilla on the top, at least you will get a BIG easy access to many places.

Hitlon of Shinjuku sucks and wifi cost like 1500yens per day....come on, the Hilton is not enable to give you free wifi ? Moreover, not closed from the station.
You can go to the hotel of kabukicho where you have Godzilla on the top, at least you will get a BIG easy access to many places.
Yeah, i actually wouldn't recommend the Hilton, sorry.
But the rooms at hotel Gracery (the godzilla hotel) are very small.

Reactions: Karbon and MikeH
Cerulean Tower is not bad but a key is required to access to floors 33-38. So maybe that's a bit inconvenient for the lady as you would have to pick her up in the lobby of you stay at any of these floors.

I actually like the Oakwood Premier. It has nice rooms but I think the location may be a bit inconvenient.
Prince is nice too and it's in Shinagawa, directly near the JR station

Yeah, i actually wouldn't recommend the Hilton, sorry.
Oups I forgot such criteria :p
On booking at least you easily see how many square meters is the room.
Shinjuku prince hotel is 31 m² so quite enough,no ?:whistle:

Awesome suggestions all! Thanks!

I'm down to Shinjuku Granbell, Keio, Capitol Hotel, and Oakwood premier.

Question: is Capitol Hotel in an inconvenient place or one that is not recommended?

Address: 2-10-3 Nagata-cho Chiyoda-ku Tokyo Tokyo-to

Last edited:

Priority
1. Lady's Access / large

Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
Park Hotel Tokyo
The Capitol Hotel Tokyu
Hotel Okura Tokyo
Oakwood Premier Tokyo

Westin Tokyo, (Ebisu) is also a lovely reasonable 5 star hotel from 33,000 yen〜. I love its gorgeous European (British?)style architecture. New Otani is nice too. Well, it's Tokyo. If you want a larger room to impress, you got to spend the money.

Reactions: diobrando
Hilton Odaiba, one of the impressive hotels abt 50,000 yen perhaps? Sorry if I was wrong. met my client in his 20's. Still wows me! It's 40 mins away from central Tokyo. This was the view from his room.The room was spacious.

Attachments

• IMG_7757.jpg
    IMG_7757.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 105
Hilton Odaiba, one of the impressive hotels abt 50,000 yen perhaps? Sorry if I was wrong. met my client in his 20's. Still wows me! It's 40 mins away from central Tokyo. This was the view from his room.The room was spacious.
View is amazing and odaiba to get rest it's great!
Just a little bit far for the girl to reach there.

Reactions: Yuriko
View is amazing and odaiba to get rest it's great!
Just a little bit far for the girl to reach there.

Yeah, you might have to pay extra for transportation, as for round trip from Shimbashi to Odaiba takes another JPY 638 for round trip. But, it's very romantic, and don't have to spend fortune compared to 5 stars in central Tokyo.
I'm impressed by one of my clients stayed at Penninsula suite that his company paid. Huge suite room...so executive room...could cost more than 100,000 yen per night...Well, going lil to the side, though.

Reactions: diobrando
Definitely super romantic and amazing place!!
Some companies are teally generous, so jealous lol

Reactions: Yuriko
Cerulean Tower is not bad but a key is required to access to floors 33-38. So maybe that's a bit inconvenient for the lady as you would have to pick her up in the lobby of you stay at any of these floors.
This is something to keep in mind, several hotels usually dont require a key, but do require them for the executive floors (the prince park tower as well for example).
So be careful when you book a luxury room that it doesn't come with this unwanted pivacy privilege.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with meeting a girl downstairs, i personally prefer it a little because it puts me at ease more.

Question: is Capitol Hotel in an inconvenient place or one that is not recommended?

Just wanted to throw out that I stayed at Shibuya Granbell during my last visit. The room was bigger than the others I'd had (stayed in three different hotels as I liked to move my base to the area I was exploring so I could limit my time on trains) and the design was very modern and cool but it felt a little rundown. Not as clean as a 3 star hotel should be and the restaurants were not very good. Obviously the Shinjuku branch could be better run so cleanliness and restaurant quality may be better but still have the larger rooms and modern design. I'll let others who may have stayed at that specific location address cleanliness or food quality further but I can attest that I had no problem with a lady visiting my room.

Darn, I've actually booked there for my next trip. Been worried about the room size but it's just so convenient to Kabukichō, and I didn't see much else with larger rooms available during my dates, that I decided to risk it. My trouble is that being American I just can't get a mental image of how big a space 20 square meters is.

I actually like the Oakwood Premier. It has nice rooms but I think the location may be a bit inconvenient.
Prince is nice too and it's in Shinagawa, directly near the JR station

Capital Tokyu, isn't a bad area. It's near my work, actually. You can take metro to go to some major places. The hotel itself is pretty old, though.

Prince Park Tower - old but nice hotel. has expansive lobby area if you really, really don't want staff to see you mongering. card lock for elevators. location sucks for public transport as only one station, Akabanebashi, is nearby and it's not exactly on the best line.

Park Hotel in Shiodome - small rooms but well run and very foreigner friendly. location is very good: just a short walk from Shimbashi station, which is a great hub.

The Oakwood Premier in Marunouchi is spectacular. It's more of a serviced apartment type that is also rented out as a hotel, so the rooms are enormous by Tokyo standards. Just be aware that the front desk is right in front of the elevators so those looking for a bit more privacy for their mongering will not get it here.