Guest viewing is limited

Wingman For Picking Up Women

Solong

TAG Member
Reaction score
Wingman & PUA

Do you need a wingman?

Absolutely not. You can have no problem picking up women without them. A wingman is of nearly no use in online dating. Online dating or answering personal ads are a 1 to 1 situation. Wingmen can also interfere in pickup situations such as street, train, or coffee shop. If you are talking to a woman who is by herself and your buddy is behind your shoulder or puts himself into the conversation, it can make the woman feel embarrassed or HIDE her sexuality for fear of being judged.

Traditional VS New Purpose Of Wingmen

Wingmen or wingwomen, were/are primarily useful in club or social event situations. The old school purpose of wingmen was to simply split women up, who were hanging and hugging ont each other like terrified lesbians that act like they never been to a club before or stop the jealous cock-blocking of her girlfriend because she's getting more attention.

The additional new purpose of wingmen is SOCIAL VALIDATION (also related to social proof in PUA). In a nutshell, somebody to HYPE you up to the women you are talking to, so that they feel you are special or worthy.

Female Wingman?

In this regard, the best would be a wingwoman, though HARDEST for men to find. This is because a lot of women will tear guys down and not hype or build them up or are selfish and want all the attention, so couldn't be bothered helping a guy. In addition, being a wingwoman requires a woman to be comfortable with sexuality and mature, which too many women are not.

However, women are more likely to believe another woman, IF they feel she's being honest and is authentic. Thus they can be the very best advocates over a guy hyping you.

Bisexual Wingwomen?

The greatest wingwomen that I have ever seen, were/are bisexual. They have an understanding and interest in other women, that many heterosexual women don't. The key though, is she willing to SHARE and help you? A bi-sexual wingwoman/girlfriend can literally pickup women for you and take them back to your house.

Bi-sexuality also adds to the authenticity, as the women feel there is a true vested interested in bringing everyone together. However, a bi-sexual wingwoman is NOT necessary, and a smart totally heterosexual wingman can peform well.

Good Wingman VS Bad Wingman

1) Jealousy & Sacrifice

A good wingman/wingwoman doesn't get jealous that you are talking to a hotter woman this time. Where bad wingmen/wingwomen can get jealous and purposely seek to derail you, or can even try to switch women and go after who you are talking to.

If your wingman/wingwoman pulls stunts like this, get rid of him and find a new one or fly solo.

2) Blocking The Female Cock-Blockers

Good wingmen spot attention starved and jealous women trying to interfere with her girlfriend talking to guys, and intercept her attempts. He can even lead such women away to another area.

Bad wingmen allow the female cock-blocker to jump in and destroy attempts at conversations. Usually by not talking and do nothing to help manage situations. However, there is a point, where the women or a woman of a group is such a persistent cock-blocker that it borders on lesbian-ism or hate towards you guys trying to talk. In this case, eject and go elsewhere. However, if your wingman consistently fails at stopping female cock-blockers, it can be he's clueless or lack skills, and you might want to talk with him about tactics or go find another buddy to go hunting with.

3) Failing To Hype You Up

Good wingmen/wingwomen do a convincing job at "selling" you to the group of women you are talking to. They hype up any good qualities that you have (social proof).

Bad wingmen/wingwomen will not only fail at hyping you, but can be putting you down behind your back or even hyping themselves at your expense. Like telling some fucked up story of a mistake you made (thus embarrassing you or making you look like a dork) in the past and they had to help you. Definitely get RID of such so-called wings. "With wingmen/wingwomen like that, who needs enemies?"

Group Dynamics

The danger of mainly relying on social groups, social introductions, and social proof to meet women or men, is the group interaction between everybody may not go well. The more people involved, the GREATER the odds that somebody in the group will not get along or not like each other. Furthermore, the more important your reputation or image to the group becomes, and the social pressure increases.

Your girlfriend gets jealous of you talking to a guy, your pal dislikes the girl he's stuck talking to, nobody wants to talk to the fat girl, your pal is a terrible drunk and he tries to start fights, she doesn't want to show her girlfriends her sexual side, people acting fake... All of these group dynamics can totally take you AWAY from the purpose of getting laid. Without all her girlfriends around, she might sneak and have sex with you in a stairway or go to a hotel with you, but in front of her girlfriends she might pretend to not even like you to maintain a certain image.

Be very mindful, as a guy, not to get distracted from your objective. Try to get the lady you are interested in AWAY from the group or at least some solo conversation time. If you can't that day, get her contact info and MOVE ON after a while (then maybe get more contacts). See if she will meet you another day, by herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: hkAlone
Ok I'll give it a go

Interesting analysis.
I would not define myself as PUA. I'm more the relax kind with no purpose I'm aware of, enjoying socializing and experiencing nice clicking once in a while.
I would screw up an approach for the sake of making a good joke or finally realize after an hour chatting that finally I have limited interest to go further.
Basically I don't have to pretend I don't care as I really don't...

This being said, I had a funny story at Muse back in the time. I approached in a very cocky way a very cute and young Japanese girl following what I interpreted as indication of interest from her side. She was with a couple of friends. When she saw me coming she suddenly started being very stressed and treated me like a servant barely answering my questions and making fun of me with her girlfriends. I just backed off quickly as this one seemed completely compromised. Few drinks and hours later, I was amazed that the same girl came back to me when I was dancing. She started teasing me crazily leaving me without any doubt about what she had in mind. We ended up french kissing and having almost sex in the middle of the dance floor. When tension was too high we left the club and went straight to a love hotel without almost saying a word.
Sex was great... At least in my memory ;)
She apologised later with a broken English about her attitude in front of her friends and that she came back to the club after her friends left...
Your post about how to manage the friends situation reminded me this happy time.

Reactions: Solong and just4fun