Yellow on the outside, white on the inside.

Bananadude

TAG Member
Reaction score
Will be in Tokyo first week of April. How important is it to know the language to get around? Anyone wanna hang out for a few drinks? I’m 35 male Asian, adopted by Aussie family so can’t speak anything but English.

Reactions: Simonka
Will be in Tokyo first week of April. How important is it to know the language to get around? Anyone wanna hang out for a few drinks? I’m 35 male Asian, adopted by Aussie family so can’t speak anything but English.

You can get by with English. Most places will have English menus. Your traditional places may only have Japanese.

Japanese is not necessary to get around pretty much at all in Tokyo. Worst case scenario is resorting to pointing at stuff like menus and maps on occasion. If you're trying to P4P, that's another story but there are places that accept foreign customers with no Japanese language skills

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Japanese is not necessary to get around pretty much at all in Tokyo. Worst case scenario is resorting to pointing at stuff like menus and maps on occasion. If you're trying to P4P, that's another story but there are places that accept foreign customers with no Japanese language skills

Awsome. Might look into some of the reviews on this site. If anyone is free and want to meet up just drop me a message.