You had me at Hello.

Kageyama

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I just joined last night after looking around on this site for about 2 days or so. I want to experience some different things in Japan than your standard "Asia is awesome" experience, so I'm excited to go out and try somethings I've been reading about.

I'm 25, teaching English, and know at best conversational, at worst survival Japanese. I've been studying for 9 years and have been told that my level is higher than I think, but I'm not sure if they are just being nice. As a person, I want to become more confident. Not cocky, but confident. Hopefully, these forums can maybe help me in my goals.

Looking forward to talking and hearing from you,
Kageyama

Welcome! A big part of communication in a foreign language is confidence. If you take two people at the same level and one exudes confidence and the other pauses and apologizes for every mistake, you'll think the confident guy is the better speaker. If you go in confident and strive to improve you'll do just fine!

Welcome! We hope you enjoy it here. Even though my Japanese still sucks, I learned the only way to really learn it is to dive in and have conversations. Good luck!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland