Guest viewing is limited

You Japanese wife can take your child and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing but thank her for setting you free by removing a link you wouldn't want with such a person (the baby).

why marry someone who's not actually in love with you ? it doesn't make sense to me.
also why is control such a key word in your message ? marriage should be about two adults helping each other, if it's about one bossing another or one winning against the other then there should not be a marriage at all between those two.

you only have a boss when you accept the orders you take.
Your "boss" has control of your children and can move out of "your" house and back to her parents home. And take the children. You cant do anything about it.

It is NOT a different story. Your wife CAN take the child away from you and deny you any chance to see it. You will be ordered to pay child support and can be FORCED to pay, but your wife doesn't have to let you meet your child.
Dude, aborting a foetus and kidnapping a baby are really different stories . We can’t understand why you’re mixing the two.

Reactions: Anna Summer
Dude, aborting a foetus and kidnapping a baby are really different stories . We can’t understand why you’re mixing the two.
What is the difference? If you had a child and cant meet it then it is as good as dead to you. Ask your Japanese friends about this. You might learn something.
Your wife can take your children away and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Why? Did you even try to do something about it? (Assuming such an event happened to you)

You should be curious about this topic and ask your Japanese friends about it. It happens a lot in Japan and you know nothing about it. If you marry a Japanese it could happen to you.
It happened to a workmate of mine and it destroyed him.

I’m really wondering why you are making this a Japanese only thing. It’s not like western women don’t do it. On the other hand, there are women here too who leave their children alone with the father (well, not only in japan, but elsewhere too). This can happen everywhere around the world. Not just japan :dead:

You should be curious about this topic and ask your Japanese friends about it. It happens a lot in Japan and you know nothing about it. If you marry a Japanese it could happen to you.
It happened to a workmate of mine and it destroyed him.

I know probably more than you think about this topic, but its not the point. Yes its hard and painful and heartbreaking. But it would not be true to just assume nothing at all can be done.

Not sure what this dude is on, but he clearly doesn't know anything about the Japanese legal system.

Not going to go through the whole thing, but there is legal recourse for every point he brings up.

Sounds to me like someone who didn't know he should talk to a lawyer in early days and let some doors get closed, and is now bitter.

Lesson to be learned - if you think things are going south, talk to a lawyer. If you are presented with something to be signed or stamped, talk to a lawyer.

Consultations are available at the bar association for 5,000 yen. No excuse to not avail yourself.

Your "boss" has control of your children and can move out of "your" house and back to her parents home. And take the children. You cant do anything about it.
you should have as much control on your children unless you give up being a father.
and I don't think she would leave your house for no reason, if she does good riddance then.
anyway, that doesn't make her your boss unless you convince yourself she is.

If you change kill to take what is fair to the husband? Are there any laws that protect him from being denied any chance to see his child? No, there aren't and even court orders are unenforceable.
in case of separation she indeed has priority in taking the children's custody which is not necessarily fair for her either, it would be easier for her to remarry without children.

denying visit rights to the father with no reason (like child abuse) is unfair indeed and one has to be very cautious before deciding to have children with another one. though I believe most people in general and most Japanese mothers in particular want what's good for their children and the children obviously need their father as well so it should be possible to reach an agreement concerning visits.

It is NOT a different story. Your wife CAN take the child away from you and deny you any chance to see it. You will be ordered to pay child support and can be FORCED to pay, but your wife doesn't have to let you meet your child.
she can but she wouldn't if you manage to separate while focusing on what's best for your children's.
from my perspective it seems like you're talking about a situation in which you're too much into war with each other to really think about your children. if your marriage failed so be it but try not to forget you both love your children and want what's best for them and it doesn't have to change even if you part ways.

What is the difference? If you had a child and cant meet it then it is as good as dead to you. Ask your Japanese friends about this. You might learn something.
this is a horrible thing to say
it is of course painful to not be able to see your children but if they are alive it's absolutely not the same as them being dead.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Status
Not open for further replies.