Yukata at Fujiya hotel in hakone

Lokus

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have read that some ryokan let you keep your yukata they provide but I am unsure if the fujiya is one of them and the staff didn't understand my question when I asked about if I was supposed to leave the yukata in my room or if I was allowed to keep it anyone have any advice to offer or if you know the policy for this hotel can you please share

I have read that some ryokan let you keep your yukata they provide but I am unsure if the fujiya is one of them and the staff didn't understand my question when I asked about if I was supposed to leave the yukata in my room or if I was allowed to keep it anyone have any advice to offer or if you know the policy for this hotel can you please share

The normal policy is you don't keep it. Just like hotel towels.

I don't recall one that allowed you to keep it... some did have Yukata's for sale in the hotel shop.

The normal policy is you don't keep it. Just like hotel towels.

I don't recall one that allowed you to keep it... some did have Yukata's for sale in the hotel shop.
Thanks for clearing that up it must have been a Google translation error

Reactions: TAG Manager
Thanks for clearing that up it must have been a Google translation error
Google Translate tends to translate things backwards in some cases when it comes to yes/no, do/don't -- Don't rely on it too heavily.

If you see a ない (nai) in there somewhere, assume no. (can't/don't do it)
〇〇〇〇〇〇〇持ち出しできません。 < Don't take outside essentially
〇〇〇〇〇〇〇持ち出し不可< Does not go outside (of building, room, hotel, etc.)

Those should be fairly common in instructions.

Google Translate tends to translate things backwards in some cases when it comes to yes/no, do/don't -- Don't rely on it too heavily.

If you see a ない (nai) in there somewhere, assume no. (can't/don't do it)
〇〇〇〇〇〇〇外せません < Don't take outside essentially
〇〇〇〇〇〇〇外出しません。< Does not go outside (of building, room, hotel, etc.)

Those should be fairly common in instructions.
Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: TAG Manager