80 min

Booking Method:
Walk-In

Date of Encounter:
Jan 2023

Language Notes:
Japanese Only

Narrative of the Encounter:
I've used Happy Matto in the past and had some fun with two of their girls in the past. Otherwise I was mostly disappointed.

In January 2022, I went twice and the tencho would no longer let me select a girl. He would say it's because I didn't make a reservation. I figured whatever, maybe they were busy those days.

First woman was mediocre and I can't remember her name or really much of anything about her. Second time last month they gave me Moto who I didn't find attractive at all. She kept doing some over emphasized Mwah kisses faces repeatedly which just got annoying. I was kind of grossed out and couldn't continue. Then I waited for my time to be up and she kept making those weird kissey faces. She wasn't cup of tea, so I just chalked it up to poor chemistry and trying too hard.

So I figured I'd try a reservation in advance this time since that's what the tencho had suggested. I tried two separate days to reserve online. First time, they just deleted the request and sent a message saying customer cancellation. So I figure maybe the girl doesn't like foreigners which is ok also. So I try again with a girl who's name is in Katakana figuring she must be foreign herself, and probably wouldn't mind. I get a phone call saying that foreigners can't make reservations in advance.

So it was a catch 22. Can't make a selection because I hadn't made a reservation, and can't make a reservation because I'm foreign.

I had enjoyed their service in the past, but it seems things have changed and they are a bit more unfriendly. It could totally just be a new tencho.. or maybe nobody wanted to select Moto and they figured they would pass her off to a foreigner who wouldn't complain.

Review Independence: Was this review requested by the provider or service?:
No, this review was written without a request from the service or their provider.

Final Thoughts:
Not Recommended.

Thank you for submitting your review!

Approved: 2/19/2023

So I try again with a girl who's name is in Katakana figuring she must be foreign herself

That is an interesting leap of logic.

So it was a catch 22. Can't make a selection because I hadn't made a reservation, and can't make a reservation because I'm foreign.

That is nothing like catch 22. That is just straight forward logical conclusion based on deductive reasoning. But you should read the book; recommended, will repeat.

Normally they prefer foreigners not use CH to reserve online, but you're usually allowed to make reservations by phone (probably a language check). Even then, you normally need to call again 1 hour before the session.

That said, I'd probably not request Moto as she's not my preferred type. Don't quite get though why you're not recommending her.

Been there 4 times myself, only on the first visit did I come without a reservation, the most foreign friendly shop I have ever visited, obviously Japanese is necessary.

With Happy Mat Paradise booking directly via Hime-Channel with girl that confirmed seeing foreigners or over phone.
Always have customernr ready available.
There is only 5 girls that officially cater to foreigners but good Japanese can get you access to more.

Last edited:
Normally they prefer foreigners not use CH to reserve online, but you're usually allowed to make reservations by phone (probably a language check). Even then, you normally need to call again 1 hour before the session.

That said, I'd probably not request Moto as she's not my preferred type. Don't quite get though why you're not recommending her.

That could be because I used CH. I also did speak to them via phone in Japanese when I was told that foreigners couldn't reserve. I was in-person when I was told I should reserve before going in. Most likely different people. Last year when I would go, it was an older gentlemen who gave good service. I had put up a good review on the place last year.

This year when I walked in it was a no selections and was given a random pick. One woman was unattractive to me (obese - not my preference) and had odd mannerisms that I found annoying. It could totally just be that our personalities didn't click, but I left feeling duped. I was also just been really annoyed with the tencho and situation, so I possibly could have reacted negatively myself. Then I tried to follow the directions to reserve and got snubbed. So I'll take business elsewhere.

Last edited:
That is an interesting leap of logic.

That is nothing like catch 22. That is just straight forward logical conclusion based on deductive reasoning. But you should read the book; recommended, will repeat.

I took the idea that Katakana is reserved for foreign words and names.... even my name is of Japanese descent, but it is only accepted in Katakana and not Kanji nor Hiragana... because I'm foreign.

I wasn't referring to the book, but rather to the dictionary definition of Catch-22

Merriam Webster -.a problematic situation for which the only solution is denied by a circumstance inherent in the problem or by a rule

"you should make a reservation next time,... But you can't make a reservation because you're foreign".

I haven't read the book though. I'll put it on my to read list someday. Thanks

Been there 4 times myself, only on the first visit did I come without a reservation, the most foreign friendly shop I have ever visited, obviously Japanese is necessary.

With Happy Mat Paradise booking directly via Hime-Channel with girl that confirmed seeing foreigners or over phond.
Always have customernr ready available.
There is only 5 girls that officially cater to foreigners but good Japanese can get you access to more.

I used to go a fair amount last year and had good service from multiple women (I look and speak decent Japanese). I think staff or rules changed. I hadn't had all great experiences in the past, but I also hadn't had the situation where I wasn't allowed to choose. Believe me, I've made my share of bad selections, but still realized they were my selections and rolled with it.
This year just made me feel duped and not wanting to go back anymore.

I however haven't used hime-channel before.

My worst selection was down in Nagaski one year when I said a woman in her 30's would be good and ended up with a much older obese lady at a SL that wanted to walk me back to my hotel after.

I wasn't referring to the book, but rather to the dictionary definition of Catch-22

Merriam Webster -.a problematic situation for which the only solution is denied by a circumstance inherent in the problem or by a rule

That still does not apply to your problem. It would be Catch-22 if you need a reservation to nominate but in order to reserve you need a nomination. Your problem can be described much easier as "it sucks to be a foreigner".

BTW Many Japanese girls with katakana names, especially common with fake shop names.

I used to go a fair amount last year and had good service from multiple women (I look and speak decent Japanese). I think staff or rules changed.
I see, I really hope you're wrong, haven't been back this year but I have some unfinished business there.

As for bookings, I imagine they had bookings from gaijin doing a no show. Anyone reading this, one foreigners mistake could have an impact on all foreigners.

If you have successful bookings registered to your membership nr I doubt there should be problems though.

it was an older gentlemen who gave good service.
That’s.. different…
I took the idea that Katakana is reserved for foreign words and names
It’s not, many names use katakana for the kirakira-ness. And a lot of shop girls will use a straight up western name while being full Japanese as long as they like the name.

Reading her profile, it seems that Moto's charm point is her lips, so maybe that's why she kept doing the kissy faces lol

Out of the 5 they put down on a list for me as gaijinfriendly on my first visit she is the only one I never had any intention in seeing.

Those 5 has later changed to 9 but that's where you're charms come in, will not do that job for you.

Out of the 5 they put down on a list for me as gaijinfriendly on my first visit she is the only one I never had any intention in seeing.

Those 5 has later changed to 9 but that's where you're charms come in, will not do that job for you.
To be honest, now im kinda curious to see if she would make the faces in every session with anyone 🤣

I wonder why Moto is not a so much desirable person for OP apart from that thing

Reactions: Alice
To be honest, now im kinda curious to see if she would make the faces in every session with anyone 🤣

I wonder why Moto is not a so much desirable person for OP apart from that thing

I tend to get annoyed with over exagerrated mannerisms in general. It could be a personal dislike + having already been disappointed in the process.

Sad to see this review, I was hoping to visit the shop again during my next trip to Japan...

Sad to see this review, I was hoping to visit the shop again during my next trip to Japan...
You might want to look at other reviews of the place (all positive...).

Reactions: MikeH and Cinnabums
Thread 'Happy Matto Paradise - Nuru massage without FS' https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/happy-matto-paradise-nuru-massage-without-fs.27231/

This was my first post about Happy Matto in 2022. First visit I had to do a lot of speaking and convincing before being allowed in and did not got a selection of girl for my first visit. After that first time I had gone a fair amount and did get good service and the ability to select women.... up until my Jan 2023 visit.

Someone has to try in 2023 though. When I made this post last year 2022, it seemed like they had been foreigner unfriendly and maybe opened up slightly during covid.
Maybe now with business back they might have reverted back to their previous policy?

Reactions: Alice
@TAG Manager
With this number of reviews(9 in total) may i suggest giving the shop its own prefix.
Same thing with Neo Flamingo/Kawasaki Toy Box.

You might want to look at other reviews of the place (all positive...).

Also sometimes it's good to check the review history of the poster. Some people tend to run into "Not recommend" providers a lot.

Well it was only very recently that I first got exception to their no-foreginer policy in 2022.... The tencho at the time said it was ok since I looked and spoke Japanese. Previous postings on this board identified them as not-foreigner friendly.

It's now a year later and I believe the policy reverted back since they had new rules for a previously established customer (me).

I'm not saying for certain that its true.. but someone could check since I'm done with them and won't anymore. Someone totally could have screwed the policy towards foreigners with bad behavior.

If you are the OP of this thread then yes. ;)

Me? LOL. I've done both good reviews and bad reviews. I also don't live in a fantasy land where I find all fuzoku to be an AV dream.
I gave a previously glowing review of this same place when it first opened to foreigners.. I sincerely think their policy has changed