Guest viewing is limited

Unsure with older Japanese woman

So we went out and really nothing happened. We played visual golf and drank, and she even asked me to split the fucking bill. I tried telling her I don’t know my way home but she just google translated my way back and sent it to me. Guess just unlucky or something
It happens. Sometimes you think you hit jackpot and then nothing. I had a legitimately good study partner from Hello Talk a few months ago (26 year old nurse in Chiba) that starting getting a little flirty out of seemingly nowhere one day. We talked on the phone a lot in English and Japanese as well as met a few times but nothing ever happened beyond hand holding, and not for lack of trying. She was incredibly cute (and smart) and I thought maybe this could be good fling rather than a one time deal, so I decided I'd stick around for a bit and see what happens. I was ready to cut my losses after the third meeting but she beat me to it. She essentially realized messing with a married foreigner ten years older than her probably wasn't such a good idea; drunk me inquired on New Years Eve. Things were left cool, but we'll probably never talk again.

Anyway, could be any number of reasons why nothing happened. Could have been you, could have not been. Lucky for you there was really no time or much money invested into it so it's all good.

It happens. Sometimes you think you hit jackpot and then nothing. I had a legitimately good study partner from Hello Talk a few months ago (26 year old nurse in Chiba) that starting getting a little flirty out of seemingly nowhere one day. We talked on the phone a lot in English and Japanese as well as met a few times but nothing ever happened beyond hand holding, and not for lack of trying. She was incredibly cute (and smart) and I thought maybe this could be good fling rather than a one time deal, so I decided I'd stick around for a bit and see what happens. I was ready to cut my losses after the third meeting but she beat me to it. She essentially realized messing with a married foreigner ten years older than her probably wasn't such a good idea; drunk me inquired on New Years Eve. Things were left cool, but we'll probably never talk again.

Anyway, could be any number of reasons why nothing happened. Could have been you, could have not been. Lucky for you there was really no time or much money invested into it so it's all good.
In the words of a great man, though, being tied up and pegged by her wearing a clown mask on New Year’s Eve would have been a far more desirous result.

It might not be too late.
killer klowns from outer space horror movies GIF by absurdnoise

So we went out and really nothing happened. We played visual golf and drank, and she even asked me to split the fucking bill. I tried telling her I don’t know my way home but she just google translated my way back and sent it to me. Guess just unlucky or something
What was her reply when you suggested a Love Hotel, negative?

Reactions: cuckhimnow
In the words of a great man, though, being tied up and pegged by her wearing a clown mask on New Year’s Eve would have been a far more desirous result.

It might not be too late.
killer klowns from outer space horror movies GIF by absurdnoise
I'll give it a few months and hit her up. Based on the timing of everything I'm assuming she decided upon a young Taro-kun she met at a year's end party. There was one right before the last time we met. I'll see if he failed come Spring.

Fixed it for you.
先輩、直してくださってありがとうございました。本当に勉強になりました。

What do you think? Late April to reach out again? I mean if she bombs the March TOEIC AND Taro-kun turns out to have a pretty weak impression of Old Faithful then that would be the time :LOL:

Back on topic though: OP, it honestly just sounds like she changed her mind on the way there, but she digs golf so she showed up anyway.

Last edited:
At least you tried to shoot your shot.
Good luck round 2

Maybe she had her period. Or she didn't want something to happen the first date. Don’t give up.

Reactions: Gina and Alice
Thank you for the update! That happens, at least you got to spend time with her! Be thankful for that. There are some of us, myself included, who has to pay for girl just to spend platonic date with us.

Reactions: Alice and Joe2017
What was her reply when you suggested a Love Hotel, negative?
Yup, she was like "we're only friends!" LOL

先輩、直してくださってありがとうございました。本当に勉強になりました。

What do you think? Late April to reach out again? I mean if she bombs the March TOEIC AND Taro-kun turns out to have a pretty weak impression of Old Faithful then that would be the time :LOL:

Back on topic though: OP, it honestly just sounds like she changed her mind on the way there, but she digs golf so she showed up anyway
I would reach out again but I've gone back to my country :( Might visit again in the summer though!

On another note, she also got me this daruma/flower pot as a souvenir. She was telling me how she picked the red one for me and got a white one for herself. Funny stuff honestly

Yup, she was like "we're only friends!" LOL

I would reach out again but I've gone back to my country :( Might visit again in the summer though!

On another note, she also got me this daruma/flower pot as a souvenir. She was telling me how she picked the red one for me and got a white one for herself. Funny stuff honestly
I dont understand Japanese women.

I went on a 7 hour beerfest with 20 yrold ryuugakusei only to be "just friended" few days after.

In my country if a girl goes for beers with you, let alone 7 hours, shes down. (to be honest, there is more to the story, and I know I fucked up some things earlier with said girl)

I think I just need more calibration and few lays to be able to read them properly.
The thing is - from what I know so far, with Japanese women its easy to reach for straws and try to make their politeness and smiling to be something more even when u know deep down, its not.

Still doesnt hurt to try in a cool calm collected way.

I went on a 7 hour beerfest with 20 yrold ryuugakusei only to be "just friended" few days after.

In my country if a girl goes for beers with you, let alone 7 hours, shes down. (to be honest, there is more to the story, and I know I fucked up some things earlier with said girl)

I think I just need more calibration and few lays to be able to read them properly.
The thing is - from what I know so far, with Japanese women its easy to reach for straws and try to make their politeness and smiling to be something more even when u know deep down, its not.

That’s the thing. Politeness and smiling are good indicators…but what you choose to do with them is what matters.

You have to give the girl clear signals during the entire 7 hours of beerfest. Holding her hand, trying to get an arm around her—hell even telling her you like her directly to her face. Did you do any of that?

Admittedly I don’t know pickup art nor do I do any “plate spinning,” but I never liked playing that stupid coy game shit. Nevermind me gentlemen. I’ll just go back to painting faces.

Reactions: zerosupblues
In my country if a girl goes for beers with you, let alone 7 hours, shes down.
I don't know where you're from but I have been drinking with the opposite sex several times without no action and no intentions.

Then again, if I had intentions 7 hours of drinking would be more than enough liquid courage to test if it was go or not.

That’s the thing. Politeness and smiling are good indicators…but what you choose to do with them is what matters.

You have to give the girl clear signals during the entire 7 hours of beerfest. Holding her hand, trying to get an arm around her—hell even telling her you like her directly to her face. Did you do any of that?

Admittedly I don’t know pickup art nor do I do any “plate spinning,” but I never liked playing that stupid coy game shit. Nevermind me gentlemen. I’ll just go back to painting faces.
Embarassed to say I didnt. With white local girls or any other type I had Im very bold, but somehow I was careful with this girl, afraid not to do too much, even tho I wanted.
The image of "nice polite Japanese girl" was in my mind and I didnt want to overdo, plus I was constantly trying to "read" her signals.

My true self would just be direct and attack but eh, sadly I wasnt in that mood.

I remember when I return from bathroom at one point she was sitting closer to me, like, moved her chair to be next to mine, and I noticed that. But I got cold feet.
I did tease her at first like she was looking at me deeply and I started smiling calling her "lazer eyed" and it was good fun made our eye contact all giddy and shit.

But she rationalized it she would look at anyone like that and mentioned other people we both know. Kinda dunked my enthusiasm.

I've seen her several times before that, some on parties etc, but she spent more time lingering around dude we both know, even asked him his number, while I was the one who asked for hers.
So I went into out date trying to know if she is into me at all or into someone else... All in all very stupid scenario, I was mentally weak but in my defense a lot of shit happened in my life since 2020, many good and many bad, and I was still getting my self together since then when I met this girl, who no joke was closest thing to my type of girl I ever met. Legit touched my soul.

If I only had been in my best state. I was 15 kg heavier, in fighting shape, mentally top notch. I know J girls dont care about fitness etc but it did fuck up my self image a lot when I lost my gains.

Anyhow, Im back on track now, slowly. Just trying to forget all the beginner mistakes and self doubting I did with this girl. Which is not easy. It sucks when u know better and still make mistakes.

If I could go back I would hug her when she sat closer and judge how it goes. And when we said goodbye it seemed in her eyes like she wanted a hug but I chickened out. Its really weird because I had girls over at my place before shit hit the fan in my life, and I am no stranger to taking things into my hands, lol, but I was not yet fully back with my Mojo with this girl, and all the self doubt and cowardice fucked me over.

I had a good chance at the start, I remember she was always eyes on me etc in first few times we met in big parties etc. Spoke good, vibe was there, then with time and other guys hovering around her I said fuck this I guess, became jaded and self doubting.

I don't know where you're from but I have been drinking with the opposite sex several times without no action and no intentions.

Then again, if I had intentions 7 hours of drinking would be more than enough liquid courage to test if it was go or not.
me too, but never for 7 hours. Actually did 12 hours with a 40 something lady hahahah. But thats a different story. And no attraction, at least from my part.

Liquid does nothing for me, I never needed alcohol for balls with women, Im either in my best self, or not. I was not on that day. But I had feels for her and that fucked me up I think.
I really liked her and in those cases I become very obsessed with not making a mistake. Hopefully not in future.

Well, you have it better than most of us, or at least me. I do not understand women of any nationality. They say knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom so at least we are on a good start.

The good things is that not understanding women doesn't mean you cannot enjoy them. :)

Well, you have it better than most of us, or at least me. I do not understand women of any nationality. They say knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom so at least we are on a good start.

The good things is that not understanding women doesn't mean you cannot enjoy them. :)
Yeah! Who cares? Who cares? I don't understand a shit about cars either and I love driving them to the limit.

Reactions: Gina and Alice

From my experience (and what I was told directly by some female friends); women will have things they like and things they don't like about you. The amount of each doesn't matter much, but most - if not all women - will have some particular thing that will just completely turn them off (conversely, you can fuck up a million different ways but if they focus on your good points and like you enough, they will ignore or downplay those fuck-ups). You could be doing 99.999% of everything right on a date but if you did that one thing wrong that they don't like, they'll just completely go south (not the good kind) on you, even if they don't show it. Women are finnicky, require constant attention and maintenance (and I mean that in the most kindest - but truthful - way possible), and if you happen to tickle the right nerves, they'll either be your best friend or your worst enemy.

Last edited:
Women don't understand women !
I am pretty sure they go through the same roller coaster ride that guys do ! Best is to be the person you are, if you hit up that's great, if not simply move on. It takes to tango.

Reactions: PijusMagnificus
^ That's relationships in general isn't it? Find somebody you tolerate just enough to spend your life with? : )

Reactions: Alice and da2369